Hi,

First of all I tried to search the forum for an answer but MMS is only three characters long and the search feature requires a minimum of FOUR characters!

I've noticed in the past few days (not really sure how long its been since I haven't used MMS for a while) that whenever I try to send an MMS it tries to send then fails. I thought at first it was because I was in a location with a weak signal but this is not the case since I've tried it in several locations.

I have jailbroken the phone (3GS 3.1) and MMS worked before I JB'd the phone. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the JB or if an app I've installed has caused the problem.

Any ideas on where I should check to see if settings are messed up or are there any known apps that cause this problem? Here is a list of the JB apps I've installed if that will help ... (the ones with asterisk were installed AFTER I noticed the issue)

3G Unrestrictor
    Action Menu*
    AptBackup
    Backgrounder
    Battery Control*
    Call Controller*
    CallMe
    Categories
    CyDelete*
    Elert*
    Five-Icon Dock
    FontSwap
    GV Mobile
    InSpell
    iBlacklist
    iLocalis
    Intelliscreen
    iSmart Dialer*
    LiveClock*
    MyWi*
    OpenSSH
    qTweeter
    SBSettings
    Slide to Unlock Killer*
    SMS Helper
    SpotSMS
    Winterboard
    RockApp

Thanks in advance!
    10-19-2009 06:08 PM
    ^wow really? MMS 3 letters long? Try being creative and search again...

ok sry for giving u a hard time...

...u may need to restore and re-JB
    10-19-2009 08:02 PM
    Just exactly how should I be creative?
    10-19-2009 08:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat than you, been all day troubleshooting the issue, I think that it must have to be with me installing mywi, I remember that when removed mywi the first time, the tethering feature was removed from my Network settings, now even when i remove mywi tethering still there, it seems like a good thing, but believe me not necessarily for me, I was happy with PDANet and MMS.
    Last edited by erasat; 10-19-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    10-19-2009 08:51 PM
    Just exactly how should I be creative?
    hmmm...i dunno, perhaps try searching for "messaging"??

But anywho, u may have to re-JB, that might be the ultimate solution...i found this thread:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...mms-issue.html

...dont know if it will help, if not, then just re-JB
    10-20-2009 12:34 AM
    I'm in the same boat than you, been all day troubleshooting the issue, I think that it must have to be with me installing mywi, I remember that when removed mywi the first time, the tethering feature was removed from my Network settings, now even when i remove mywi tethering still there, it seems like a good thing, but believe me not necessarily for me, I was happy with PDANet and MMS.
    took me 7 tries to get the right JB, i lost service on one of my previous attempts so anything can happen on a JB, u just have to keep trying...
    10-20-2009 12:36 AM
    Thanks ... I don't know that I want to go through the hassle since I hardly ever use MMS. I'll try sending an MMS to see if I can receive. If not I will restore and re-jb.
    10-20-2009 12:44 AM
    Try updating the carrier file manually and see if that works.
    10-20-2009 01:03 AM
    before you re-jb...I had the same issue when I had mywi. I deleted mywi and still had tethering which was weird, but ne way after i deleted mywi and re-booted everything was fine and i had tethering still which was cool
    10-20-2009 01:18 AM
    I uninstalled miwi and rebooted but still can't send mms. Any other ideas?
    10-20-2009 04:42 PM
    u may need to re-JB...this is may be your ultimate solution
    10-20-2009 04:59 PM
    I restored to 3.1.2, and without restoring my data, I sent a couple of MMS, then, I just went back and Jailbroke it, then restored my settings, and guess what?, Same issue again, before I restored there was no tethering option in the settings, then after Restored the Tethering came back. So it eems that my restore brought it back.

I went back to 5.5 carrier Settings, reset the Network Settings and Reboot the phone, the Tethering feature dissapeared, so I tried the MMS again, and still nothing, so I went back to 5.6 carrier settings, reboot and nothing, reset the network settings again and still nothing.

So, as far as I can see it, I can send MMS only without JB, once I JB, bye bye MMS. So what else can be wrong?
    Last edited by erasat; 10-20-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    10-20-2009 07:12 PM
    wtfffffffff...i cant send MMS either, it keeps failing!! holy crap, whats going on here!
    10-20-2009 07:13 PM
    wtfffffffff...i cant send MMS either, it keeps failing!! holy crap, whats going on here!
    Welcome to the club. Weird eh?
    10-20-2009 07:17 PM
    yea...this really really sucks!
    10-20-2009 07:27 PM
    I got it working.

Just download this carrier Settings 6.0.

Then follow the instructions here, to install the carrier Update manually using iTunes.

Once you finish, reboot your phone (I also reset Network settings), then after the reboot, go tyour Network-Cellular data network settings and enter the following in the MMS area:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400

Also, others have posted these similar settings to be working:

Username: wap@cinulargprs.com
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32:80
    10-20-2009 09:18 PM
    new Update.

Doing what I mentioned above, enabled my MMS but never got my tethering working, so I kept looking and just did the Cydia fix (Add repo.sinfuliphone.com source), just download the Enable tethering for ... option you need, reboot your iphone and once it finishes go to your Cellular Data settings and change them to this (just leave your Cellular Data with only; phone , as your APN setting) :

Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80

Way faster sending the MMS, and also, just go to your Settings and enable your tethering feature as needed. Good luck.
    Last edited by erasat; 10-20-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    10-20-2009 10:39 PM
    How do you get to cellular settings?
    10-21-2009 12:39 AM
    MMS is working again! I reinstalled miwi and had a message pop up saying earlier versions of miwi had disabled mms and would I like to restore settings and reboot! Problem solved!
    10-21-2009 12:58 AM
    I got it working.

Just download this carrier Settings 6.0.

Then follow the instructions here, to install the carrier Update manually using iTunes.

Once you finish, reboot your phone (I also reset Network settings), then after the reboot, go tyour Network-Cellular data network settings and enter the following in the MMS area:

Username:
    Password:
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    this one worked for me, thanks bro!
    10-21-2009 01:07 AM
    Hi,

First of all I tried to search the forum for an answer but MMS is only three characters long and the search feature requires a minimum of FOUR characters!

I've noticed in the past few days (not really sure how long its been since I haven't used MMS for a while) that whenever I try to send an MMS it tries to send then fails. I thought at first it was because I was in a location with a weak signal but this is not the case since I've tried it in several locations.

I have jailbroken the phone (3GS 3.1) and MMS worked before I JB'd the phone. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the JB or if an app I've installed has caused the problem.

Any ideas on where I should check to see if settings are messed up or are there any known apps that cause this problem? Here is a list of the JB apps I've installed if that will help ... (the ones with asterisk were installed AFTER I noticed the issue)

3G Unrestrictor
    Action Menu*
    AptBackup
    Backgrounder
    Battery Control*
    Call Controller*
    CallMe
    Categories
    CyDelete*
    Elert*
    Five-Icon Dock
    FontSwap