hey! I have been searching the forums and many websites for help on this and it looks like i will just have to wait for dev people to make something that works for everyone? I JB my phone easy but ive tried both yellowsnow and ultrasnow (seperately). Do I need to enter the details of my carrier manually for this to work? I am currently with Softbank in japan. I added this to my phone as well:
    10-17-2009 10:30 PM
    1. Go to link: unlockit.co.nz in your iphone using safari.
    2. Tap Continue
    3. Tap Custome APN
    4. Enter APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
    Username: softbank
    Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
    V3 Tethering + MMS : Yes
    Carrier: Blank
    5. Tap Create Profile.
    6. Goto Settings -> Messages -> set MMS Messaging : ON and MMS Email Address as ur softbank.ne.jp ID

from link: forum.gaijinpot.com/showthread.php?t=73537
    Is there anything i'm missing so I can unlock my phone? it makes meeting up with people in a foreign country a ***** haha.

just to make clear I was on apples 3.1 firmware and i used firmware from here and followed the steps to JB my phone:

link: altafsayani.com/2009/09/17/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g2g-3-1-firmware-on-windows/

it wont let me post links yet dammit so much for trying to be clear and concise haha

would it work if I used this guide? the jb seems to have worked fine
    link: modmyi.com/forums/general/685085-how-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3-1-windows.html
    Last edited by paulday; 10-17-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    10-17-2009 10:38 PM
    hello? no love
    10-19-2009 08:57 AM
    you have to give it time. Also search there are a couple of threads about the upgraded baseband. You can check your baseband version in Settings I think in About and look for Modem Firmware/Software. Check the Baseband 5.0x thread for the info. If you got the phone with 3.1 already on it the unlockability may not be possible right now.
    10-19-2009 09:47 AM
    thanks man! will do!
    10-19-2009 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD