3GS 3.1.2 blackra1n jailbreak -- No internet unless its WIFI?

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Exactly what the title says.

3GS 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. Unless I have wifi, I can't get internet access.

Facebook shows a big red box that says "No Internet Connection" where the "load more posts" button usually is.
Safari says "Safari cannot open this page because there is no internet connection"- or something along those lines.

Full bars of 3G, and no internet connection??

hachi108

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Exact same issue here. Tested with 2 different iPhone 3GS. On one phone I did a clean restore 6 times and used blackra1n. One of the first apps to install is SBSettings, disabled Edge and wifi leaving only 3G on. Internet service does not work.

On the 2nd phone everything seemed to be working normally. It also had SBSettings so I disabled wifi and Edge. No Internet service.

Right now my phone is not jailbroken. I will try next chance I get. If anyone else can verify that SBSettings is causing issue, please advise.

Thanks.

hachi108

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke again last night using blackra1n. Same issue but I think it's SBSettings that's causing the issue.

In order for 3G service to run, both Edge and 3G has to be on at the same time. 3G service will work. If only Edge is on, then edge service will work (slower). If only 3G is on, no internet service.

I'm guessing this is an issue with SBSettings and hopefully they come out with a fix in the next version.

So 3G service does work when both Edge and 3G is on, which is by default.
If you turn off Edge so that only 3G is on, there will be no internet service.

Wifi has nothing to do with this issue but obviously if you're connected, it will use wifi.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
this happened to me when i 1st JB my 3gs with the latest fw and a rejb took care of my problem...sry that didnt work for u

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77