1 2.04%

1 2.04%

0 0%

2 4.08%

0 0%

4 8.16%

13 26.53%

27 55.10%
    If you have jailbroken your iPhone how well do you like it on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being You love it. if you dont like it, post why.
    10-17-2009 05:48 AM
    With my jb iPhone, I can customize my wallpaper and use some different app icons. I can run apps like qTweeter and SBSettings to make my life easier. I also have GV Mobile!

Why would anyone NOT jailbreak?
    10-17-2009 10:44 AM
    There should be an option for "more than 10"
    10-17-2009 10:50 AM
    I just took the plunge yesterday and will never go back. LOVE IT!! Adds a whole new dimension to the iPhone. I was hesitant for a long time cause i didn't want to lose performance and battery life, but it hasn't seemed to affect the phone in a negative way at all.
    10-17-2009 11:43 AM
    I went to 3.1.2 and was unjailbroken for about a week because I had trouble with both Blackra1n and pawnage tool. I really missed SBsettings and winterboard. Glad to have it back to jailbroken again.
    10-17-2009 02:18 PM
    10. Enough said.
    10-18-2009 01:15 AM
    I hate it. I can't stand being able to set my phone up the way I want and to have access to programs that Apple narrow-mindedly decides shouldn't be allowed. Thank goodness they removed GV mobile from the app store and rejected Google's official app. It was so confusing having free SMS and a dialer in a different place. /sarcasm
    10-18-2009 03:57 AM
    Another 10 over here
    10-18-2009 12:31 PM
    10 10 10 10 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-18-2009 02:20 PM
    With my jb iPhone, I can customize my wallpaper and use some different app icons. I can run apps like qTweeter and SBSettings to make my life easier. I also have GV Mobile!

Why would anyone NOT jailbreak?
    how did u get google voice mobile on your iphone...i tried to via safari and it said it is not supported
    10-18-2009 02:22 PM
    how did u get google voice mobile on your iphone...i tried to via safari and it said it is not supported
    I downloaded GV Mobile straight outta Rock, I think.

Had my 3GS for about 6 weeks before I jailbroke. After coming from WM (boo,hiss) I was used to customizing things. Now being JB I am disappointed that I waited soo long.

I would give it a 10. I just wish there was more freedoms with something.
    10-18-2009 05:35 PM
    What pat the cat said. Go to Cycia or Rock and search for GV Mobile. Install and enjoy!
    10-18-2009 06:22 PM
    I just need to see the Dev-Team come up with a 3.1.2 JB for Windows. Too many mixed reports about Blackrain for me and I need to get to 3.1 since so many new apps require it. Waiting patiently otherwise I'd be reporting a 10 instead of 9.
    10-18-2009 06:30 PM
    so many reports??? I have no issues with my JB, well after my 7th attempt lol but atleast its working like a charm now(knocks on wood)
    10-18-2009 11:48 PM
    I can't have an iPhone without jailbreak. I've gotten WAY too used to customizing it to death and having Rock/Cydia apps that make everything SO much more functional.

Oh and @bergman - I've jailbroken 5 3G phones with blackra1n and it worked perfectly... just took a few tries. :-)
    10-19-2009 12:42 AM
    Does anyone besides me notice it slows down a ton with all of the wallpapers and apps and things installed?
    10-19-2009 11:14 AM
    I have jailbroken my phone in the past, didn't find any real use out of it. The only think I liked was the fact that I could change my wallpaper, but that's it. I found that I spent more time tweaking and tweaking than actually using the phone for it's only real purpose, which is making phone calls.
    10-19-2009 11:25 AM
    I do love JB , but the issues I have with apps not working 100% of the time or how some apps slow the phone down . But like others have said I could never go back .
    10-19-2009 12:48 PM
    I have jailbroken my phone in the past, didn't find any real use out of it. The only think I liked was the fact that I could change my wallpaper, but that's it. I found that I spent more time tweaking and tweaking than actually using the phone for it's only real purpose, which is making phone calls.
    I agree a bit, I now mess with my phone alot more now that is JB. I personally think some of the apps are great, I really like winterboard. Since I just started using it, I imagine that Im barely scratching the surface of what it can really do.
    10-19-2009 12:52 PM
    when is was with blackberry for a few years i thought i would never leave.
    but after using with the iphone, jailbroken of course, im glad i made the switch.
    10-19-2009 01:24 PM
    I am only jailbroken to tether with PDANet (the other hack seems to never work with voicemail, even when changing the settings as instructed).

I wish I didn't have to JB, cause I don't need to have the extra stuff running in the background, but with the 3GS the phone doesn't slow down too much.

I did play with more of the theming and other options when the 3G first came out, but I found that I like the native UI a lot, and any JB features were not worth the performance hit, but I can totally see why others might disagree.
    10-20-2009 12:04 AM
    I am only jailbroken to tether with PDANet (the other hack seems to never work with voicemail, even when changing the settings as instructed).

I wish I didn't have to JB, cause I don't need to have the extra stuff running in the background, but with the 3GS the phone doesn't slow down too much.

I did play with more of the theming and other options when the 3G first came out, but I found that I like the native UI a lot, and any JB features were not worth the performance hit, but I can totally see why others might disagree.
    You're right i do disagree. there are advantages to having a 5icon dock and a 5wide spring board. you can have more apps on less pages. even if you dont need the aesthetics of a JB iPhone, some other apps other than tethering are really invaluable.
    10-20-2009 12:38 AM
    ^...but then again thats just your opinion...whats invaluable to you can be valuable to someone else!
    10-20-2009 12:44 AM
    You're right i do disagree. there are advantages to having a 5icon dock and a 5wide spring board. you can have more apps on less pages. even if you dont need the aesthetics of a JB iPhone, some other apps other than tethering are really invaluable.
    ^...but then again thats just your opinion...whats invaluable to you can be valuable to someone else!
    you're right it is my opinion. hence the reason why I said I disagree. i didn't say that HE'S ABSOLUTELY WRONG. I just happen to disagree. Thats why we discuss things so that we can let our opinions be known. sorry if i offended you.
    10-20-2009 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD