I wish I could use Rock, but I downloaded blackra1n and my phone kept going to "connect to itunes." I had to use PwnageTool instead. I was disappointed, but it wasn't working, so I didnt have a choice.
    I had this problem too, but I was able to download Rock though cydia.
    10-18-2009 05:29 PM
    Cydia And Rock Ftw!!
    10-19-2009 01:14 AM
    Hmm, I've never heard of rock, I'll have to try that.

I didn't like cydia that much. it loads slow as hell for me. i did like icy though. it seems a LOT more organized than cydia ever has been.
    but on the 3.1.2, Icy has a bunch of issues from what i experienced and from what others have told me...
    10-19-2009 01:15 AM
    I've been using rock now for a few days, and it is WAY better than Cydia. Faster and better UI.
    10-19-2009 05:42 AM
    Cydia has been working great for me so i cant complain about cydia
    10-19-2009 02:25 PM
    quick question
    I only have Cydia installed on my phone. I opted at the time not to select Rock or Icy, but just Cydia since that's what I was used to before. However after hearing such great things about Rock, I can't just go back into blackrain and install Rock?
    I see it there, I just dont want to select it yet without consulting with the forum first. Do I need to re-JB if i want both Cydia and Rock? I can't just select Rock and it will just install right on my phone? thoughts?
    10-19-2009 02:43 PM
    just select ROCK and it will install rite on your phone
    10-19-2009 02:45 PM
    quick question
    I only have Cydia installed on my phone. I opted at the time not to select Rock or Icy, but just Cydia since that's what I was used to before. However after hearing such great things about Rock, I can't just go back into blackrain and install Rock?
    I see it there, I just dont want to select it yet without consulting with the forum first. Do I need to re-JB if i want both Cydia and Rock? I can't just select Rock and it will just install right on my phone? thoughts?
    There is a way easier than that. Go into cydia on your iPhone, and search for "RockApp" then download it. once it downloads, you have Rock. Simple as cake.
    10-19-2009 08:02 PM
    Does Rock give you better descriptions of the apps before you download them? That's one thing I don't like about Cydia, the descriptions are hard to find or nonexistent -- not sure how much of the blame for that is on the devs of each app.
    10-20-2009 12:08 AM
    Does Rock give you better descriptions of the apps before you download them? That's one thing I don't like about Cydia, the descriptions are hard to find or nonexistent -- not sure how much of the blame for that is on the devs of each app.
    The Descriptions are not from cydia or Rock, they come from the repositories where the programs/themes are stored. cydia and Rock use the same repositories so they have the same descriptions.

The advantage to using Rock is that it is WAY faster, it allows you to install something and still browse it's catalogue, and it allows you to back up all of your installed apps so that if you have to reJB you dont lose all of you apps and have to pay for any of them again if they were paid apps.
    10-20-2009 12:33 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD