Blackra1n......

Edwina#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't know if this'll help much, but I was able to jailbreak my first-gen ipod touch easily once I restored my ipod, updated itunes, and rebooted my pc after downloading blackra1n. Then when I proceeded with the jailbreak the second time around, it worked fine.
Good luck!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Step-by-Step of how i JB via blackra1n...

:DWARNING: I am not responsible for any issues or anything related to the matter of corrupting/messing up/destroying, or as i say, ****ing up your device!! Try this at your own risk!!:D

This is the step-by-step of EXACTLY how i did my JB on my 3Gs and 2G:
(It worked flawlessly on 5 other iphones to be exact)

1-Create a folder on your desktop and name it blackra1n.

2-DL 'blackra1n' from GeoHot and save it in the folder you created on your desktop.

3-Restore your phone to factory settings, update your firmware to 3.1.2 via iTunes 9, and if you are asked to update settings, do so(mines did).

4-Keep your phone connected to your computer at all times and keep itunes open (sounds like a dumb reminder, but i wouldnt remind if it hasnt happened:eek:).

5-Click on the blackra1n file you saved in your blackra1n folder on your desktop(after opening, you may see a 'text' doc appear, dont delete, its just a log:eek:).

6-Click 'Make it Ra1n'(Get ready to enjoy the show, your almost done).

7-You will see a picture of GeoHot in a few moments meaning you are in JB recovery mode.

8-blackra1n will install itself then your phone will reboot itself.

9-Once your phone reboots, you will be JBed and you will see a blackra1n app on your phone.

NOTE: It is recommended that you have a wi-fi connection for this next step but as long as you have a STRONG signal, you should be fine(I had a good signal and had no issues).

10-Click on the blackra1n app on your iphone

11-Then, DL Cydia and Rock and let them install themselves(When i DL'ed Icy, it messed up my phone everytime)

12-If you reached this far...CONGRATULATIONS, you are JBen!! Just open Cydia and Rock, one at a time, and let them organize themselves and u will be ready to roll!!

Last edited:

ElmhurstTom

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issues most everyone has been having in that after I clicked, "Make It Rain", I would not see GeoHot, instead I would see the Apple Logo with a USB cable indicating me to plug it into the computer.

Anyways, per a previous post, I disabled most every Apple program running when I opened up the running processes. The exact quote from Faker was "killed all itunes related tasks except for applemobiledevicehelper.exe (kill itunes, ituneshelper, ipodservice, mdnsresponder)"

After I did this, I was able to jailbreak using BlackRa1n with no issues on the first try. I hope this helps.

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
:DWARNING: I am not responsible for any issues or anything related to the matter of corrupting/messing up/destroying, or as i say, ****ing up your device!! Try this at your own risk!!:D

This is the step-by-step of EXACTLY how i did my JB on my 3Gs and 2G:
(It worked flawlessly on 5 other iphones to be exact)

1-Create a folder on your desktop and name it blackra1n.

2-DL 'blackra1n' from GeoHot and save it in the folder you created on your desktop.

3-Restore your phone to factory settings, update your firmware to 3.1.2 via iTunes 9, and if you are asked to update settings, do so(mines did).

4-Keep your phone connected to your computer at all times and keep itunes open (sounds like a dumb reminder, but i wouldnt remind if it hasnt happened:eek:).

5-Click on the blackra1n file you saved in your blackra1n folder on your desktop(after opening, you may see a 'text' doc appear, dont delete, its just a log:eek:).

6-Click 'Make it Ra1n'(Get ready to enjoy the show, your almost done).

7-You will see a picture of GeoHot in a few moments meaning you are in JB recovery mode.

8-blackra1n will install itself then your phone will reboot itself.

9-Once your phone reboots, you will be JBed and you will see a blackra1n app on your phone.

NOTE: It is recommended that you have a wi-fi connection for this next step but as long as you have a STRONG signal, you should be fine(I had a good signal and had no issues).

10-Click on the blackra1n app on your iphone

11-Then, DL Cydia and Rock and let them install themselves(When i DL'ed Icy, it messed up my phone everytime)

12-If you reached this far...CONGRATULATIONS, you are JBen!! Just open Cydia and Rock, one at a time, and let them organize themselves and u will be ready to roll!!

I had the same issues most everyone has been having in that after I clicked, "Make It Rain", I would not see GeoHot, instead I would see the Apple Logo with a USB cable indicating me to plug it into the computer.

Anyways, per a previous post, I disabled most every Apple program running when I opened up the running processes. The exact quote from Faker was "killed all itunes related tasks except for applemobiledevicehelper.exe (kill itunes, ituneshelper, ipodservice, mdnsresponder)"

After I did this, I was able to jailbreak using BlackRa1n with no issues on the first try. I hope this helps.

well fellas I appreciate all the info but neither of these have worked for me, the "blackra1n" program says running and my phone stays on the sync/itunes screen.

Ill keep trying....

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
alright fellas well I just got it to work!

This is what I did, once it failed i unplugged my phone. Restarted it, then plugged it back it and ran blackra1n. I didnt hit the home screen/power, just hit make it ra1n and let the program do its thing. It took less than 20 seconds from start to finish.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com

This is what I did, once it failed i unplugged my phone. Restarted it, then plugged it back it and ran blackra1n. I didnt hit the home screen/power, just hit make it ra1n and let the program do its thing. It took less than 20 seconds from start to finish.

HALLELUJAH!! :)

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site

thats a crazy solution but hey, whatever works! good job...now u can have some fun with it :cool:

blackout128

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroke my 32g 3GS. I have only added SBSettings and Winterboard and damn! this is great! If anybody has any doubts about jailbreaking....you don't know what your missing!:D

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroke my 32g 3GS. I have only added SBSettings and Winterboard and damn! this is great! If anybody has any doubts about jailbreaking....you don't know what your missing!:D

seriously! Im still trying to figure out how to work everything. I have a feeling its going to take a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods