Blackra1n......

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Simple question I hope, when I hit "make it ra1n" it says waiting on phone and doesnt do anything beyond that. Anyone have any ideas?

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
there are a ton of threads already discussing this. i'm guessing you can find your answer here:

Thanks man but the answer isnt in either of these posts, Im using a PC by the way.

When I plug my phone it my computer recognizes that its plugged in, whe I hit the "make it ra1n" button it says waiting on phone and nothing happens past that. My phone doesnt go into recovery mode or anything....i dont get it.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok:

1. what OS are u running?
2. what model iPhone do u have?
3. what color is my shirt? (kidding)
4. is this first time you have linked iPhone to iTunes?

already know you're on a PC so that's covered.

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
ok:

1. what OS are u running?
2. what model iPhone do u have?
3. what color is my shirt? (kidding)
4. is this first time you have linked iPhone to iTunes?

already know you're on a PC so that's covered.

1) XP
2) 3g
3) Pink?
4) nope Ive had the phone for about a year or so now.

I just updated my phone to 3.1.2.

Thanks

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
well then. i'd just make sure you have iTunes 9.1 installed, then do a backup. after that, completely close out iTunes. then click on the BlackRa1n icon on your desktop (or wherever you saved the file) while your iPhone is connected to PC.

this should put your iphone into DFU mode for a very short bit, then GeoHot's image should appear for a minute or 2. then iphone will reboot.

next, find the blackra1n app on your springboard. launch it (prefers you have wifi connection)...then install Cydia/Rock/Icy...whichever you prefer.

done. whole thing seriously took me 5 minutes start to finish. good luck

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
well then. i'd just make sure you have iTunes 9.1 installed, then do a backup. after that, completely close out iTunes. then click on the BlackRa1n icon on your desktop (or wherever you saved the file) while your iPhone is connected to PC.

this should put your iphone into DFU mode for a very short bit, then GeoHot's image should appear for a minute or 2. then iphone will reboot.

next, find the blackra1n app on your springboard. launch it (prefers you have wifi connection)...then install Cydia/Rock/Icy...whichever you prefer.

done. whole thing seriously took me 5 minutes start to finish. good luck

Well I have Itunes 9.0.1, I assume that is the same that you are referring to?

This is what I have been doing:

I plug in my phone, back up, close itunes. Then I open Black rain, the box comes up that says "make ir ra1n" I click that...the box changes and says "waiting on phone" as if blackra1n doesnt detect that my phone is plugged in. Also it doesnt go into DFU more or reboot or anything, my phone doesnt change at all when I click the "make it ra1n" button. To make sure I was still linked to my pc I opened "my computer" and my iphone shows up.

stumped....

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Well I have Itunes 9.0.1, I assume that is the same that you are referring to?

This is what I have been doing:

I plug in my phone, back up, close itunes. Then I open Black rain, the box comes up that says "make ir ra1n" I click that...the box changes and says "waiting on phone" as if blackra1n doesnt detect that my phone is plugged in. Also it doesnt go into DFU more or reboot or anything, my phone doesnt change at all when I click the "make it ra1n" button. To make sure I was still linked to my pc I opened "my computer" and my iphone shows up.

stumped....

9.0.1...that's correct. i was a version ahead of myself :/

hmmm, seems like you and a lot of others are having issues with this JB. i had issues with redsn0w, but not blackra1n. try downloading a new blackra1n application and deleting the old one. then launch the new one. aside from that, i'm really stumped too

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
9.0.1...that's correct. i was a version ahead of myself :/

hmmm, seems like you and a lot of others are having issues with this JB. i had issues with redsn0w, but not blackra1n. try downloading a new blackra1n application and deleting the old one. then launch the new one. aside from that, i'm really stumped too

lol, Thats exaclty what I just did. I deleted the old blackra1n, hooked up phone, did the back up, closed itunes, installed new blackra1n and....."waiting for phone".

Im gonna give it a shot on anther computer. Maybe my antivirus thing is causing issues or something.

thanks for your help any way...if you come up with any good ideas let me know! :D

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I was having problems with this jail break at first too....

i was able to get it going once i restored my phone as a new phone w/ 3.1.2

I was having the same problems when i just updated to the new firmware. After a restore choose "setup as a new phone".... it worked fine afterwards..... give it a try....

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've heard of a lot of problems trying to jailbreak a 3g with blackra1n, not found too many people that found fixes that were general and not specific just for them.

Try following this video: ( and make sure iTunes is OPEN when you're running blackra1n )

Yea I have read about a bunc of people having problems but its mostly during the reboot stage, I havent seen anyone else have the same issue I am. Kinda confused here.

By the way I tried it again with Itunes open and nothing. same issue

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I have heard many "solutions" over in the comments section of blackra1n.com.

Try opening the processes list and end any itunes task, ie. ituneshelper, (something)responder(?). Basically any apple or itunes processes, kill them.

I have also heard it helps to disable any anti-virus and/or firewall that may be preventing the program from doing its thing. I recommend going to the site and reading a few of the pages of comments. You are not the only one experiencing some issues. I am sure that doing this will help you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have a 3G with 3.1.2 and it took me about 6 tries.
at first i would never see geohot on the device and was gettin' really frustrated.
then on my 6th attempt everything worked like a charm!
when i saw geohot on my screen it was like Christmas time when you're a little kid, not joking.
so far no issues. it is indeed a whole new world, i love it!
thanks to anyone that gave me tips getting this done

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
there are a few issues with this JB as i had a few, but i havent had issues with the JB itself, i just had issues after the JB with certain apps

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
well I got it to recognize my phone but nothing more....it just stays in the running stage/ it shows the snyc cord needing to be plugged in on the screen.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
would you mind telling me which ones so i can keep an eye out?

i had an issue when i installed 'winterboard' but i restored and reJB'ed and its working now, same with '5-icon dock', and Cydia & Icy(when installed together). If its going to happen, its going to happen...it seems like every iPhone reacts differently when issues with JB arise. Note that while every issue i stated didnt happen at once, for example, my 1st JB attempt-i had issues with winterboard>>restored & reJB, 2nd attempt-issues with cydia and Icy, and so forth...Now everything seems to be fine...sometimes u just have to restore reJB and do it all over again:eek: with some trial and error...Good Luck!

Also, I noticed that when i Restored and JB in a certain order, it worked FLAWLESSLY!!...and i did that procedure with 5 iPhone Gs's:D

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i had an issue when i installed 'winterboard' but i restored and reJB'ed and its working now, same with '5-icon dock', and Cydia & Icy(when installed together). If its going to happen, its going to happen...it seems like every iPhone reacts differently when issues with JB arise. Note that while every issue i stated didnt happen at once, for example, my 1st JB attempt-i had issues with winterboard>>restored & reJB, 2nd attempt-issues with cydia and Icy, and so forth...Now everything seems to be fine...sometimes u just have to restore reJB and do it all over again:eek: with some trial and error...Good Luck!

Also, I noticed that when i Restored and JB in a certain order, it worked FLAWLESSLY!!...and i did that procedure with 5 iPhone Gs's:D

It seems that people are really having trouble with this one though....Ive tried probably 20 or so time and it get suck in the same spot every time. Damn that sync cord itunes picture! Im sick of seeing it!