Hey guys I need some help. I was just trying to jailbreak my friends Iphone 3g 8GB using blackra1n. It froze or something half way through and is now stuck on the screen with the globe and the white cord. I dont know what to do. iTunes doesnt recognize it and whenever I try to hold down the power button + home button nothing happens. I dont know what to do, please help me.
    Last edited by UsinMyIllusion; 10-15-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    10-14-2009 11:53 PM
    The problem is that you tried to use purplera1n to jailbreak a 3G. Purplera1n is a 3G[s] ONLY jailbreak tool.

You need to try to rejailbreak using redsn0w.

If there's a problem, you're going to have to upgrade his phone by connecting it to iTunes, upgrading to the official 3.1.2, then jailbreaking it with redsn0w.

IF YOURE ON A MAC, you can just simply use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware(operating system) that's ALREADY jailbroken, and easily unlocked.

It's late, and I'm not 100% sure on what to do, but what I said is a pretty good idea from what I remember. Just remember - if you have to upgrade officially through iTunes, you will NOT be able to unlock the phone to other carriers.

Wait for confirmation from other board member before you try anything. Just to make sure I told you the right stuff.
    10-15-2009 01:06 AM
    I must be more tired than I thought. I'm sorry guys I've fixed it now, but what I meant to say was i used blackra1n not purple. Sorry for the confusion.
    10-15-2009 01:21 AM
    Just an update, the battery died in the middle of the night, then this morning I was able to restart it no problem. I then successfully jailbroke it.
    10-15-2009 11:49 AM
    Just an update, the battery died in the middle of the night, then this morning I was able to restart it no problem. I then successfully jailbroke it.
    grats! now enjoy
    10-15-2009 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD