Need link to a custom .IPSW to jailbreak 3GS that is on 3.01

fridayy#IM

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
i thought we needed to start a thread for those of us that are still on 3.0 or 3.01 with a 3GS or 3G and would like to upgrade, but are stuck because we only have a WINDOWS COMPUTER..and want to do the upgrade, but not touch the Baseband..to allow us to UNLOCK if needed.. so boys and girls, please post your links to custom .IPSWs to allow us to do this!!
Thanks

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
We can't post the links because technically, since it's a hacked version of a copyrighted operating system, that would constitute piracy of software.

But that's if posted publically. If you had a friend, however, that happened to use these boards who heard your cries, and decided to help you out though PMs, then no one would be the wiser. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it illegal to hack the iPod Touch or iPhone?

Hacking the iPhone/iPod is not illegal. While Apple would like to make you think it is illegal, it is not, and it is impossible to get in any legal trouble for hacking it. You and Apple made an exchange. You gave Apple $$$ and they gave you a product. It is officially yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

that was taken from JFSikora's post and I fully agree. The reason Apple doesn't like JBing is because it allows software piracy of Apps from the App Store. It also allows users to run apps not sanctioned by Apple. However providing the custom ipsw isn't a problem. I don't mind making a custom ipsw I wont link to it but I can send it to someone who requests it.(If this is a problem admins please let me know I don't want to break any rules) However I do work so I don't want to get hundreds of requests by PM cause that would just be too much to handle. Also anyone who has received a custom ipsw can give it to someone else as long as the phone details are the same. So for example 3G, wants Cydia only, no custom logos and doesn't need Activate option checked. While we're at it like these guys have said only accept ipsw from trusted sources.

While we're on the topic has anyone used a custom logo? I really want to try it, I think it would be awesome to see my logo on reboot.

Last edited:

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Are the files listed on iclarified modded for the jailbreak or OEM files? I used one of them the other day to restore when I got stuck trying to use Blackra1n. So now the OP knows where to go look for all of the IPSW files he just needs to find out if they are modded or stock.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know they are the Apple versions, that's where I got mine I used to create the custom one from.

fridayy#IM

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
We can't post the links because technically, since it's a hacked version of a copyrighted operating system, that would constitute piracy of software.

But that's if posted publically. If you had a friend, however, that happened to use these boards who heard your cries, and decided to help you out though PMs, then no one would be the wiser. :)

OK I am gonna cry out for help for my fellow hackers to hook me up with a custom IPSW for the 3GS to upgrade to the latest!!, without upgrading my baseband... help help... lol

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ipheuria, it's not illegal to hack the actual phone, OR to mass distribute the OS - so long as it's the one that Apple created and approved.

The second those files are modified, they've been tampered with, and that constitutes hacking. Unfortunately, under the US law, they would look at the pwned firmware exactly the same as they would a 'cracked' version of any other software, thus you would actually be distributing pirated software.

But thats only something to worry about on a public level, where it's ON the radar.

That's my interpretation, at least. Maybe I'm wrong - and I hope I am. I just know thy technically, the second you tamper with something, you're screwed. *chuckle*

Not that it would stop me... *chuckle*

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ahhhhh I see, that is stupid but I definately see your logic. Well I wouldn't link to them anyway, I don't even make them ;) custom ipsw what's that :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73