iPhone baseband 5.09 unlocking successful

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I just emailed this people and am waiting for a reply. I have an iphone 3gs, 32gb that I bought with firmware 3.0. I jailbroke and unlocked and then moved from AT&T to TMO. The phone has been upgraded to 3.01 and re-jailbroken and unlocked (thank you Tramain!) but have not upgraded to 3.1.2 for obvious reasons. Since this is no longer my main phone I'm willing to chance using their services.

If/when I receive a reply from them I will likely pay for their service and give it a shot. Hopefully, this will be within the next 24 hours or so and once I do I'll report back here with the results, good, bad or indifferent.

R

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You do realize that if you're on a Mac (or have a friend on a Mac who can help you) that you can STILL upgrade to 3.1.2 AND keep your unlock, right?

I actually did this last night, thanks to a very very kind board member, and everything seems to work perfectly.

Jaewoot

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
You do realize that if you're on a Mac (or have a friend on a Mac who can help you) that you can STILL upgrade to 3.1.2 AND keep your unlock, right?

I actually did this last night, thanks to a very very kind board member, and everything seems to work perfectly.

Don't you have to create a custom ipsw from 3.0 or something like that in order to keep the unlock.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have a 3G before you call those guys and pay them money you should try to figure out what bootloader version you have. The earliest batch of 3G had bootloader 5.8 which will allow you to downgrade the baseband. I was talking to my friend who is a iPhone whiz and he was reading up on it. If you're JB go into Cydia and search for fuzzyband. There are two that show up fuzzyband and fuzzyband 3G. Once you run fuzzyband it will tell you what version of bootloader you have. If you have 5.8 then you should be able to run fuzzyband and it should know to downgrade the baseband. If you're on bootloader 5.9 then you're stuck waiting for dev-team or geohotz. You can try the link at that point also but I doubt they have any easy way of dowgrading the baseband. If anyone does use fuzzyband and it works please post up I've never heard of anyone using it successfully so I can't answer that when I post about it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't you have to create a custom ipsw from 3.0 or something like that in order to keep the unlock.

I beleive 3.0 has to be JBen but there are tons of JB for that. Once it's JB then you can use the custom ipsw. Ask LVCIFER he's done it.

Last edited:

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I did download Fuzzyband just to check out the bootloader. I am on 6.04.

I don't mind giving this a try anyway to see how it goes so that anyone else who doesn't have options will know whether or not it works. If I screw up the phone it won't be the end of the world for me.

I'm downloading the custom file now and should be able to give the upgrade a shot within the next hour. The file is from a slow download site and is obviously a custom ipsw that is cobbled together with the imei to create the upgrade file that itunes will use to do a "restore" and the restore will apply the new firmware using an old baseband.

R

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
has anybody tried iPhone Unlock UK - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed they say that they can unlock iPhone 3g with any baseband or bootloader.... some hopes

Ok, here's the skinny on the above link. I went ahead and paid for the unlock. They immediately sent me a login to their site. It will have various unlocks depending on your firmware, iphone model and whether or not it has been previously jailbroken and unlocked. I found my file (for jb/unlocked 3.01) and downloaded (SLOW download). I followed their instructions and now I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3.1.2 firmware on my iphone 3GS running on TMobile.

What they do is to take your IMEI and to embed it into a custom file for you to download. Then you restore via iTunes 9.01. You MUST follow their instructions or you are dead meat!

I did this on a Windows Vista (business edition) machine. Yes, I do have access to a Mac but wanted to try this for anyone who may not have access to a Mac because if I toasted the phone it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

So the short answer is, YES, their solutions does work. It is expensive but if it is the only way for you to upgrade and maintain your jb/unlock then it will work. Of course, the most painful part is having to restore everything back when you are done, apps must be re-downloaded and the phone settings put back where you had/want them. But, the final word is that it does work.

R

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to clarify this before I start jumping for joy for everyone else dying. OK so you upgraded your phone to 3.1 or above through iTunes which upgraded your baseband. You went to the link and the file they provided you with instructions enabled you to upgrade to 3.1.2 firmware with a downgraded baseband so you retained your unlock??

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
ok like ipheuria said....

if this is completely true then my cousin will be jumping for joy...her 3g had to be restored to 3.1 and she lost the unlock....so if she pays like $60 she will get her unlock back?????

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I have to clarify this before I start jumping for joy for everyone else dying. OK so you upgraded your phone to 3.1 or above through iTunes which upgraded your baseband. You went to the link and the file they provided you with instructions enabled you to upgrade to 3.1.2 firmware with a downgraded baseband so you retained your unlock??

I don't think it upgraded the baseband. What you use is a full restore file that you download from them. It is 3.1.2 but with a previous baseband that allowed the iphone to be unlocked again. I was able to upgrade to 3.1.2 and it retained the jailbreak and Cydia was still there when it was done. I then used Cydia to download ultrasn0w again and applied it and it was then unlocked now. I then tried out the 3.1.2 on my tmo sim and it was fine. I also had to download any apps that I previously had (no problem there) and had to go into settings and set them up again for tmo but the answer is yes, when I was done I had a 3.1.2 upgraded 3GS (32gb) that was still jailbroken and unlocked again and working fine.

You will need to have a wireless connection to download ultrasn0w once you have 3.1.2 on the phone. It was a little hassle having to re-do everything after the upgrade but again, it is now 3.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked using Windows, retaining the baseband andn working just fine.

R

Last edited:

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
ok like ipheuria said....

if this is completely true then my cousin will be jumping for joy...her 3g had to be restored to 3.1 and she lost the unlock....so if she pays like $60 she will get her unlock back?????

If the phone has been restored to 3.1 then I don't know if it will work. Best thing to do is to email them and give full details as to what was done to the phone and what and how it was restored. Use the link on the first post in this thread to get their email. I emailed them this morning (afternoon UK time) and they got back to me within an hour. You will have to wait until tomorrow to get a response from them. Their email is support@iphoneunlockuk.com and I am not associated with them in any way, just a happy user of their product.

R

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If the phone has been restored to 3.1 then I don't know if it will work. Best thing to do is to email them and give full details as to what was done to the phone and what and how it was restored. Use the link on the first post in this thread to get their email. I emailed them this morning (afternoon UK time) and they got back to me within an hour. You will have to wait until tomorrow to get a response from them. Their email is and I am not associated with them in any way, just a happy user of their product.

R

Alright i sent them an email explaining what its going on....thanks forthe info you guys

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
LOL

I did some editing on my original post thinking it sounded too much like I was associated with iphoneunlockuk.com but I just saw that I edited out too much and parts of the post made no sense. Sorry for the confusion!

The email is support@iphoneunlockuk.com I shouldn't have worried about it looking like I was some kind of shill for them and left the email address in there to begin with.

What they are doing is not hard to figure out and can be done without having to pay. But, for me, it was just easier (and SAFER) to use their method and it worked just great.

One other caveat, be SURE to read the directions TWICE before starting. When I did this I almost missed one part which would have been a disaster but I caught myself in time to correct my error.

Now, I'll have to upgrade my wife's iphone. I wanted to try it on mine first in case of a disaster but it was so easy that I'll pay to have hers done. I was wondering if I could use the same file twice but when they asked for the IMEI to embed in the upgrade file I realized that doing two phones mean't two payments to them.

R

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK what I'm trying to determine what firmware was your phone on before you contacted them? If you were on 3.0 then like you said you could have done it without paying. I don't know about the whole IMEI thing but creating a custome ipsw file is possible on Mac. So if you're phone is currently on 3.0 JB then you just need a custom 3.1.2 ipsw file.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
My iphone was a 3GS bought about three months ago with firmware 3.0. I jailbroke with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w. I upgraded to 3.0.1 and rejailbroke and unlocked and was running on Tmo. From 3.0.1 I upgraded today to 3.1.2 using the iphoneunlockuk file and unlocked again using ultrasn0w. Everthing running fine since jb/un.

As stated earlier, I know I could have upgraded using a Mac, but I wanted to give this a try for anyone who may not have access to a Mac or may not have felt comfortable doing that. This was easy and it worked and the cost was no big deal. I'm not pushing anyone's product, just trying to be helpful here.

R

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I know what you're saying but I'm also just trying to put the other side of things so people don't think that upgrading to 3.1.2 can only be done through this service by paying. If you have Windows then you can use a custom ipsw made on a Mac. If you have a Mac then you use pwnage tool to create your ipsw.

haissk

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Good news

Its a good news guys....
but i have to check with my iphone coz my iPhone has

Firmware: 3.0

Baseband: 05.11.07

Bootloader: 06.02

Sent a mail to them and waiting for the reply

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if you can find this on a torrent? or somewhere instead of paying for it? and I just read their website I wonder if it really works or if it's a scam what do you guys think?