Stuck in Recovery Mode and iPhone won't Restore

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I started updating my JB phone to the 3.1.2 software using itunes. While it was updating, I downloaded purplera1n and inadvertently clicked on "begin to rain" button. Immediately, I closed the rain window but apparently it was too late because my phone went into recovery mode. A message popped up in itunes saying I needed to restore my phone. I did so and it took about three hours. But when it finished, my phone remained in recovery mode. I fear that restoring again will do nothing other than to waste another three hours. What do I do now?

I searched the forum before posting and found similar problems but nothing quite like this. I would be most grateful for any help!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
You may be able to use blackra1n to get you out of recovery, assuming you want to jailbreak. It has to put the phone in recovery anyway, so it should work. If not...you will most likely need to restore again.

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Apparently, I merely downloaded the new firmware but it didn't get installed onto the phone. I went to restore it again and this time, on my iphone, I got the apple logo and a progress bar below it, which took about 10 minutes to complete. Now, I'm in the process of restoring my data and everything appears to be honkey-dory. Thanks for the reply!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW