Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with PwnageTool 3.1.4

erftina

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
I updated my 3GS iPhone to 3.1 via iTunes. It is stuck on "Connect to iTunes" screen on iTunes 8.2 when I plug it into my computer.

Is it possible to jailbreak it now with the new PwnageTool? Can I unlock afterward to use on Tmobile?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to JB fine but your unlock capability is toast for now. If it has a picture of the USB cable to iTunes you may be in DFU mode. So if you have your custom firmware made with pwnage tool then connect the phone start iTunes and hold down option key and click restore. Then browse to your custom ispw file. I'm assuming you know the rest of steps.

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroke... Im pretty sure it was successfully, but after the iPhone turned back on and activated, it said there is a carrier update available? Should I update or what??

erftina

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Ipheuria!

I'm in Hong Kong right now and they said they can replace the IC card so it becomes SIM free; do you know if this is possible?

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
(for Noonan) only____Just jailbroke... Im pretty sure it was successfully, but after the iPhone turned back on and activated, it said there is a carrier update available? Should I update or what??

Dont do Carrier Update it will lock your Iphone...!!!!!!!!!!!!i mean baseband too..

First Check what is your current baseband is ???

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroke... Im pretty sure it was successfully, but after the iPhone turned back on and activated, it said there is a carrier update available? Should I update or what??

Search the forums there was a thread with info on getting the carrier update without updating your firmware. The carrier update wont do anything to the phone it is just an update to activate certain things on your carrier ie. SMS, etc. however I've read a thread users on 3.0 when they tried to do the carrier update they were required to install 3.1 which would update your baseband. You can cancel the carrier update I had for months when it was available here. So do a search and find the thread with the info. You are currently JB which firmware? if you're 3.1 JB then I doubt the carrier update will ask you to update the firmware, although you might wan to wait until someone confirms.

Erftina I have no idea about that SIM free thing because I've never needed anything like that. So are you JB now?

erftina

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Ipheuria!
I'm not yet JB. I'm wondering if I should trust the shop to unlock it for me.
Asking around to see if anyone knows about the IC card thing.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ipheuria , If 2G iphone dial pad in an emergency mode can dial & receive calls,

in Toronto, Canada while iphone is from At&T from USA...seems to me Baseband is not updated...seems to me those iphone can be unlocked and can useable..again...with out problem...

what u say on this...Ipheuria

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was just talking to a friend about this and that is exactly what we came up with. Your phone must still be unlocked otherwise it wouldn't accept your SIM. So once you JB it might open up the phone and in the worst case scenario you have to redo the unlock which is pretty quick anyway. Did you try rebooting the phone since you got to the emergency screen? does it have any prompt like fill in a passcode or put in a SIM? you may have to get the AT&T SIM like I was suggesting. It's worth a shot.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No it did not prompt me for pass code what you said for SIM (I think), i

was busy at work..but i will let u know, will do it together some time soon...this week...and will update here for others...

i try rebooting it but it stop at USB & Itunes screen because Itunes/Restoring wipe out all programs..so from here it need to install file ipsw...3.1.2..new one...thats what i think...

But i dont have AT&T SIM..!!!!!!!!!

What is worse case scenarios..Ipheuria...?

Last edited:

funkyumang

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plzz.. help

I just purchased an iphone 3G from ebay,.its OS is 3.1.2(7D11) and the modem firmware reads 05.11.07. The ATnt sim was provided by the seller but its nt active. i want to unlock it so that I can use it with anothe Service provider. Another issue is that I have Windows in my Laptop. Wht should i be doing to get my phone unlocked?I am really confused what to do..as differnt sites say different stuf?

Plz help...:confused:

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroken. Did not find any problem while jailbreaking. Hope any new problem would not arise. Is anything necessary to do after jailbreaking?

thetank01

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Hay FUNKYUMANG, try this:
Now you can Jialbreak your iPhone 3.1.2 with new blackra1n RC3, with this new tool you can jailbreak your iphone 3.1.2 on 05.11.07 baseband. you can download the blackra1n RC3 from here. Now here are the steps which help you to jailbreak your iphone 3.1.2.

Here is the Guide.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes here.
2. Now update or restore to the original iPhone OS firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone by the latest version of iTunes. Or Download it from here :-
Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G
Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G
Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS
3. Download blackra1n RC3 for Windows and Mac
4. Start blackra1n tool.
5. Click on ?make it ra1n?:blackra1n RC3
6. Now wait for some time and wait to reboot your iphone
7. Now Bllackra1n is installed in your iPhone. Run ?blackra1n? app and select ?Cydia?. This will jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch on iPhone 3.1.2 firmware.
8. Now Reboot your iPhone. Thats it

Now You can Unlock your iphone 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07 with Blacksn0w read here
You might also like:
Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n
Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07 with blacksn0w
Blackra1n RC2 to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 OS

funkyumang

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this,,....I was abel to jailbreak the iphone and followed the steps to unlock my iphone too but the after the last step it did nt restart itself..and when I insert a new sim it says please connect to itunes another sim detected..what should i be doin..?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2