Two questions about jailbreaking.

Fryson

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
So I have an iPhone 3GS and I understand I'm able to jailbreak it and all that, but I had two other questions about the result of jailbreaking.

1. I read somewhere you lose push notifications once you jailbreak, is this true and if so, is there any kind of fix for it?

And 2. Once I jailbreak, will restoring remove any and every trace of the hack? I'm not so much worried of having to take it to Apple and them finding out I've jailbroken it as I am somehow reducing the quality of my phone. So basically what I'm asking is, once I've jailbroken is there something of that hack that will forever remain with my phone, or will a restore remove any traces of it and with it any kind of effect it could have on my phone's performance?

Thanks guys.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1 - if you unlock and use on another network, push notifications are not guaranteed to work. I have a jailbroken phone, and have push working just fine.

2 - if you restore as a NEW phone, it will remove all traces of the jailbreak.

Fryson

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I'm not planning on unlocking,(actually can't considering I updated and am now on the newest baseband) just jailbreaking. So should I expect any problems with push(or anything else) if I'm only jailbreaking and NOT unlocking?

Crogs

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I think you're fine as long as you're staying on the at&t network. Also, restoring via iTunes returns the phone to its state when you bough it. Nothing will tip off Apple you jailbroke it.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Push will be fine, everything will be fine. Just do it already. I've had abotu 200 push messages since jailbreak, all is fine

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner