whats the difference between these programs ??
    10-12-2009 01:03 AM
    Cydia is the de facto standard. If you're unfamiliar with them, I'd go with that one.

The other two use the same subsystem for managing packages (apt, comes from Debian) and supposedly work together, but I've had the most luck with Cydia personally. Also, Cydia managers your ECID SHSH blobs, which are required for downgrades in the future.
    10-12-2009 01:19 AM
    used them all. I really like the new Rock UI now.
    10-12-2009 01:51 PM
    Yes. Rock is defiantly the best of the three. Cydia is slow as hell. Icy is just kinda there but Rock is amazing. So snappy, you can background download and install. Clean interface. The new standard if I do say so myself.
    10-12-2009 02:07 PM
    i agree cydia is pretty wack but icy is the worst..rock is super "snappy"
    10-12-2009 02:45 PM
    I heard rock will backup your apps in case you have to restore your phone or you lose them someway is this true?
    10-12-2009 08:53 PM
    I will post this question in this thread rather than start a new thread. I have Cydia installed via the blackra1n jailbreak. I would like to check out Rock and see what that one is all about. Okay there is a question here, lol. Are the two compatable with each other? Since I have been using Cydia all apps, themes and so on are from Cydia. Will they still work with Rock also installed and what if I install some stuff from Rock will they counter each other will they both work. I sure hope I make sense here.
    10-12-2009 09:21 PM
    I will post this question in this thread rather than start a new thread. I have Cydia installed via the blackra1n jailbreak. I would like to check out Rock and see what that one is all about. Okay there is a question here, lol. Are the two compatable with each other? Since I have been using Cydia all apps, themes and so on are from Cydia. Will they still work with Rock also installed and what if I install some stuff from Rock will they counter each other will they both work. I sure hope I make sense here.
    Xcatly... I am wondering the same about this. Are Cydia apps also in the Icy or Rock app? Such as themes or games. Since we are all used to Cydia will Rock or Icy have the same third party apps in it? Also is it safe or should i say jailbreak compatible to have two or even all three apps installed?
    10-12-2009 09:31 PM
    I know that there are apps that can be found in rock, icy and cydia and I also read that they have also have the same apps. Since Cydia's been around the longest, I assume that all apps on rock and icy can be found on cydia making ideal to use but rock is lightning fast
    10-13-2009 09:00 PM
    Rock kicks butt. I really want to uninstall Cydia but don't know how to do it.
    10-13-2009 09:21 PM
    I love Cydia, hated the couple of times I've used Icy. You can install them together so I don't think the apps will cause probs with each other. I don't like the others, just my personal pref.
    10-13-2009 09:34 PM
    Thanks Ipheuria, any idea how to uninstall Cydia?
    10-13-2009 09:35 PM
    Honestly I would say you would have to re-JB I DON't know if you get the option in Windows JB apps but you get the option between Cydia and Icy in pwnage tools.
    10-13-2009 09:43 PM
    Thanks again. That's kind of what I thought I would have to do, re-jailbreak. Don't really want to do that though.
    10-13-2009 10:07 PM
    you dont have to re-JB ... just open the blackra1n app and click on cydia. it gives you an option to uninstall.
    10-21-2009 08:06 PM
    Nope tried that. All that does is remove the blackra1n app from ur phone. It even tells u that when u do it.
    10-21-2009 08:13 PM
    Install CyDelete and it will allow you to uninstall Cydia.

Cydia and Icy can not be installed at the same time, however Cydia and Rock can.
    10-21-2009 08:47 PM
    I done a new JB two days ago on my 16gb 3GS. I installed cydia then Icy.
    Icy completely messed up my cydia...bringing up massive errors when I opened cydia. Had to re JB yesterday.
    Wouldn't touch icy again but now am tempted to install rock...mmm!!
    10-22-2009 12:40 AM
    Nope tried that. All that does is remove the blackra1n app from ur phone. It even tells u that when u do it.
    youre right ... i looked at it wrong. but appearently if you install rock and then go to manage you can find cydia installer and uninstall it. but when i tried it said it might make my phone inoperable. i clicked okay, but i wouldnt uninstall ...
    10-22-2009 01:38 AM
    whats the difference between these programs ??
    Cydia=Mostly Free apps
    Icy=Don't like
    Rock=Pay for most apps
    10-22-2009 02:06 AM
    I just unlocked my phone for the first time, I tried Cydia but it was really slow. I heard Icy was faster and I liked it because it had a much better UI. I decided to uninstall both though after using Rock. It's very fast and I like it so much more than the other two
    10-22-2009 07:37 PM
    Does Rock support paid Cydia apps (3G Unrestrictor, Cyntact, etc)?
    10-23-2009 10:36 AM
    You cant purchase 3GUnrestrictor or redownload it from Rock. They do not have an agreement with some developers of these apps. They stated that they are close on a agreement but have not reaced it yet. I had initially only installed Rock but when I went to install 3GUnrestrictor and PkgBackup I could not due to this issue. So Iwent ahead and installed Cydia also and installed them that way. Yes they run fine with Rock they will show in the packages installed there also.
    10-23-2009 10:44 AM
    when I first JB my i, I installed Cydia based on a friends recommendation. I just reset to factory and did a second JB, this time installing Rock. Rock is nice with the rotation feature but, did not seem as simple to navigate through as Cydia.

Yes, it looks nicer. Yes, it loads faster. But I didn't like that it wanted me to login constantly or the fact that so many apps were pay apps.

all in all, it works. But Cydia is just easier to use and, seems to have more apps.

I am concerned a bit that apps I install using one package don't seem to show up on the other.. but if I blow up the phone I'll just start over.

so glad I JB though.. I hope Apple takes a cue and opens things up on the next gen iPhone.
    11-17-2009 05:48 PM
    Hello,
    I have both app rock and cydia on my iphone....I really want to remove/uninstall ROCK
    can anyone tell me the step by step procedure to remove ROCK plsssssss
    11-18-2009 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD