blackra1n troubleshooting

burnsy87

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Got it working. Used my laptop that was on XP again...it went through the whole process, but got stuck on "running". After 10 minutes i reset my iphone with it still plugged in. After the reset, nothing was added or taken off my phone, so I run it again....poof, instantly worked.

So my advice to people that are having trouble with it freezing on "running" in the blackrain program and the ipod having the "connect to itunes", reset your ipod with it plugged in still, then run blackrain again.

gookracing

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
It took me five try and it did work. Now I got the icon of Cydia and blackrain on my screen. I'm still learning what is JB and Cydia do. I anyone have information of that JB and Cydia does please explane it. Sorry I just got this Iphone couple week ago and still learning. THANKSSS

raistlinsghost

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I love the blackra1n jb. Worked for me in 30 seconds, first attempt. The developer is to be highly praised. Nice job.

However my cydia install seems to have been corrupted. I cannot access the app at all (crashes when I try to access it). So no cydia means no appsync. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? Would a re-jailbreak fix the problem?

aesmith207

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Gmail No Longer Working After Blackra1n

I JB'ed my phone with no problems what so ever. Installed Cydia and installed a few apps worked like a champ.

But then I noticed the problem. My emails stopped working correctly. Firstly, I'm using gmail via Microsoft Exchange. The emails seem to get sent, people reply to them and I can see them in my other emails, but on my iphone they just hang in my outbox. And when viewing emails being sent to me, they take forever to download. This used to be insanely quick. Any ideas?

Is anyone else having this issue? Other services seem to work fine, my AIM messages come through.

pat_the_cat

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I JB'ed my phone with no problems what so ever. Installed Cydia and installed a few apps worked like a champ.

But then I noticed the problem. My emails stopped working correctly. Firstly, I'm using gmail via Microsoft Exchange. The emails seem to get sent, people reply to them and I can see them in my other emails, but on my iphone they just hang in my outbox. And when viewing emails being sent to me, they take forever to download. This used to be insanely quick. Any ideas?

Is anyone else having this issue? Other services seem to work fine, my AIM messages come through.

I am having the same issue with Google on Exchange. Not really sure why. Emails, if they go through are taking forever. I may shut Gmail off of exchange and go back to Fetch. I wonder if this is going to effect Google Calendar too?

Edit: Toggled Gmail off through Exchange and back on through SMTP and email is fine that. Something screwy with Exchange and blackra1n I think.

Last edited:

jfclague

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So I have tried blackra1n on both vista and xp. Same issue happens with both. It sits in recovery mode forever, I unplug it eventually and it says that upon restart blackra1n will be available to install. It's not there. I have now done this at least 10 times, I actually had to restore the iphone a few times when using the vista computer because it locked up in the early phases of putting blackra1n on the phone.

I have done all the steps for vista (run as admin, run in xp service pack 2 compatibility, closed all itunes related processes, tried running it from desktop, C drive, D drive...everywhere)

For the love of god somebody tell me they know what I can do to fix this.

I have the same issue with my 3GS. I just gave up!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Google on Exchange. Not really sure why. Emails, if they go through are taking forever. I may shut Gmail off of exchange and go back to Fetch. I wonder if this is going to effect Google Calendar too?

Edit: Toggled Gmail off through Exchange and back on through SMTP and email is fine that. Something screwy with Exchange and blackra1n I think.

Google Sync for me is flaky at best, pre and post jailbreak. I think they're still working it out, as it is a brand new service.. I think it's a google problem, and has nothing to do with the jailbreak.

Not saying it definitely isn't a jailbreak issue, but just my experience and opinion.

pat_the_cat

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Google Sync for me is flaky at best, pre and post jailbreak. I think they're still working it out, as it is a brand new service.. I think it's a google problem, and has nothing to do with the jailbreak.

Not saying it definitely isn't a jailbreak issue, but just my experience and opinion.

Possibly. I just know that before I jailbroke it was great. Doesn't matter all that much. Waiting a few minutes for emails to come in is far outweighed by the benny's of the JB :D

ricoslim

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I am having problems with my email as well.

Just JB with blackra1n and it worked fine.

However none of my passwords seem to be saving.

Two different issues:

Yahoo:
Whenever I enter my password in the settings in authenticates, but when I open my email it says I need to enter the password. I tried deleting my account and recreating it when it tries to verify the account I get this error (Cannot Get Mail 'The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.

Gmail:
When I enter the password it does not try to verify account and does nothing

Also now whenever I get off a call it asks me to enter my voicemail password.

Internet works fine and so do the calls.... Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated

gookracing

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
down load blackra1n plug iphone onto the computer shot itune off(down) than tun rain, That should work. It work that way for me, I had to do it coulpe time, until I try this, hope it will work for u guys.

Louuu Diamondz

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm running a 8 gig 3G. It def works. Took a few tries. Got stuck at the itunes USB cable screen. Just keep resetting. It will eventually work. took me under 10 tries.

dezl

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
seems like everyone is getting further than I am...I down load blackra1n...open it up and hit "make it ra1n" and it says....waiting on phone. Yes my phones plugged in, my computer shows it being listed in "my computer" anyone got any ideas?

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I managed to get my 3G done- FINALLY! Did a little trouble-shooting thanks to this walkthrough. I put my phone in Airplane mode, and made sure blackra1n was on my C: drive. At first it seemed stuck in "entering recovery" mode, so I exited blackra1n (after about a minute) but didn't touch my phone. Then I immediately launched blackra1n again, clicked "make it rain" and *poof*... worked perfectly. Weird.

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok my 3Gs is working great with blackra1n and i just JB my 2G with a non-active att sim card and had no issues as well

VOODOO

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
help needed

Okay ppl, will try to explain problems im having and what ive tried so far

in my household, we have 2x ipod touch 2g 8gb, one is my partners and is on firmware 2.2.1 - jailbreak done on that and working fine (cant remember the tool i used but it was call quickpwn or something similar)

i have the same model etc but on firmware 3.2.1, have been trying to jailbreak using blackra1n as cant see any other method at moment

have followed instruction on multiple sites inc in the forums here and always encounter same problem

i have tried this on both winxp and winvista machines using itunes9

restored to apple's default 3.2.1 firmware through itunes, then closed itunes and ran the blackra1n app from the blackra1n site, the jailbreak works fine and installs the blackra1n app

im then able to install cydia etc and from there it works just like my partners ipod touch (on firmware 2.2.1)

but if i hold power button down and switch my ipod touch off, as soon as switch back on i get the USB > itunes screen and when plug into pc - itunes auto loads and i am asked to restore as detected ipod in recovery mode

i have tried this around 10 times now and always get the same thing - anybody else experienced same issues and if so, have you managed to resolve them.

any help is much appreciated !!

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
What do you do when it goes into this mode? I had that happen once on my 3Gs and I forced a reboot and it never came back again.

VOODOO

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
What do you do when it goes into this mode? I had that happen once on my 3Gs and I forced a reboot and it never came back again.

Im not sure what you mean by 'force a reboot' but ive tried everything and still get the USB > Itunes screen unless i jailbreak again with blackra1n (not very convenient) or restore using itunes (and loose the jailbreak altogether)

??

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
VOODOO,

Your newer iPod Touch has the new bootrom that is not exploitable to be able to re-jailbreak without being attached to a computer and having Blackra1n run again. There is no getting around this right now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods