thanks for getting back to me,gonna jailbreak using Blackra1n just gotta wait til vodafone sends the iphone no doubt it will be version 3.1.2
    01-09-2010 06:39 AM
    just upgraded from 3g to 3gs. Blackrain worked perfectly on my 3g. I jailbreaked my 3gs with success but with one very annoying flaw. Everytime i turn off my phone a usb cord and itunes icon appears on my screen. I tried holding both the power and home button until the apple sign comes on but to no avail. the first time this happened i connected to itunes and it asked me to restore my phone. which i did. it was very long and annoying. i rehacked my phone successfully until i turned it off again and the same issue occured. Anytime i reboot or shutdown my phone this always happens. Ive hacked many other phones for my friends and this hasnt happened to them. any ideas guy???
    If you'll look at almost any (complete) thread in the jailbreak forum at this point, you'll see all the instructions and note that with the newer 3GS (which you obviously have) you can only do a tethered jailbreak. Seriously. Just do a search for "tethered jailbreak."
    01-09-2010 08:27 AM
    somebody please help im so frustrated. i followed all the steps and when i go to click on make it rain a window pops up and says blackra1n.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. i downloaded it like 5 different times. tried rebooting my computer. idk what to do
    01-10-2010 03:00 PM
    finally broke my 3g/3.1.2 with balckra1n. Great outcome. using both Cydia and Rock for apps with success. Was never requested to hook up to wi fi network just as happened before with some apps I had. Just tried to find out which network was available and phone can not see/detect any. Before Jailbroken it was a breeze to connect. Downloaded blackra1n with Mac OS 10.6. Do not want to go back, please help.
    01-10-2010 08:26 PM
    davidperez - do you have the latest version of iTunes, and have you made sure you've already upgraded your iPhone to 3.1.2?
    01-10-2010 10:14 PM
    All right, I've got an AT&T 3GS running 3.1.2. When Facebook 3.1 came out this week, I wasn't getting its push notifications, so I installed Push Fix from the Sinful Repository (since it isn't at iphoneil) even though my phone is not unlocked because I thought it would maybe kick Facebook into functioning and I was having that "YouTube unavailable" problem. So it fixed the YouTube problem, but I was getting no push at all, from any application, let alone Facebook. I restored as new, then synced with a back-up, but I still wasn't getting push.

Finally I figured out that Facebook seems to be blocking my push, though I have no idea why. When I uninstall Facebook I can get push from other applications, though when I have it installed no luck. Still, now I've started getting somebody else's push notifications.

I heard this could happen with Push Fix, but the problem is, I've uninstalled Push Fix and un-jailbroken my phone. Does anyone know if Push Fix alters something that runs deeper than a restore? I thought restoring my phone as new would eliminate the traces of my jailbreak and at the very least remove Push Fix, but then why else would I be getting somebody else's notifications?
    01-11-2010 03:30 PM
    Alli - When i first sync iphone to itunes should i click on update button to make sure im on 3.1.2 or download 3.1.2 fw file n shift lft click restore button
    01-11-2010 04:09 PM
    First click the button "check for available updates." If your iPhone doesn't have the most up to date, iTunes will let you know and d/l it for you. (Don't get it anywhere else but iTunes.) It will prompt you through installing - practically ***** proof.
    01-11-2010 04:32 PM
    I have followed all the tutorials i can find anywhere on the web, but blackra1n just isnt working for me. heres what i do when i try it:

1. download blackra1n from geohot's website (i am using google chrome, so when i click to download balckra1n, the downloads bar at the bottom of my screen pops up, but it never seems to make any progress. however, the blackra1n icon appears in my folder and it seems to run fine so...)

2. making sure that no itunes processes are running in the background by "ending process" in the task manager, i run blackra1n.

3. "make it ra1n" pops up. i click this, and it changes to "waiting for device". i plug in my ipod, and it begins to run.

4. itunes opens, and says "ipod in recover mode detected" or something to that effect, and my ipod shows the USB and itunes symbols.

5. after running for a while, the screen of my ipod wil go blank (not off, just not showing anything) and blackra1n will say "waiting for reboot" and i will get the popup about donations and etc.

I have waited for 5 minutes for my ipod to reboot or for something to happen and it never does. i dont even get the guys picture. Please help me!!

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention i am running the latest version of itunes (itunes 9)
    01-11-2010 06:11 PM
    Just got tired from try and try.
    01-11-2010 10:50 PM
    Try putting your phone into Airplane mode while you jailbreak .
    01-12-2010 10:00 AM
    Thanks for that Alli
    01-12-2010 10:56 AM
    All right, I've got an AT&T 3GS running 3.1.2. When Facebook 3.1 came out this week, I wasn't getting its push notifications, so I installed Push Fix from the Sinful Repository (since it isn't at iphoneil) even though my phone is not unlocked because I thought it would maybe kick Facebook into functioning and I was having that "YouTube unavailable" problem. So it fixed the YouTube problem, but I was getting no push at all, from any application, let alone Facebook. I restored as new, then synced with a back-up, but I still wasn't getting push.

Finally I figured out that Facebook seems to be blocking my push, though I have no idea why. When I uninstall Facebook I can get push from other applications, though when I have it installed no luck. Still, now I've started getting somebody else's push notifications.

I heard this could happen with Push Fix, but the problem is, I've uninstalled Push Fix and un-jailbroken my phone. Does anyone know if Push Fix alters something that runs deeper than a restore? I thought restoring my phone as new would eliminate the traces of my jailbreak and at the very least remove Push Fix, but then why else would I be getting somebody else's notifications?
    I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it's a problem with apples servers, since restoring your phone didn't fix the problem.
    01-12-2010 05:52 PM
    Hi guys,hopefully u can help.
    Have ran Blackra1n RC3
    all itunes was closed down
    make it rain
    after a min of seeing usb/itunes logo the screen goes black wait awhile and nothing,i get the message saying it has worked on pc but have to reboot iphone myself.
    tried afew more times and my iphone just hanged at the apple logo upon booting up.
    Have sorted that and restored,any ideas as why no geo hotz pic dont really wanna keep restoring or getting hanging on boot.
    3G Iphone 3.1.2
    01-14-2010 09:34 AM
    I have the same problem, i download three times and ever start itunes.. what happend????? I use mac and an iphone 3gs....
    01-15-2010 03:45 AM
    A big thanks to those that helped me,i have Jailbroken my iphone 3G 3.1.2 using Blackra1n and have all the apps i could dream of.
    Just abit of advice,if its not working for u try installing on a different mac or pc/laptop.i did every thing that was told,closing all itunes programs etc changed laptop n was done in seconds
    01-15-2010 09:02 AM
    thats exactly whats happening to me too, only i have itouch 2g. have you tried running as an admin? i cant do that because i don't know what the password is, and i think that might be the problem.
    01-16-2010 12:59 PM
    Ive been searching and have not found an answer for this.

Im running 16g 3gs 3.1.2. I was able to run the rain software. But after turning phone off, and on again i get the connecting to itunes logo(usb connector and arrow towards itunes icon)

I tried restoring, and doing it again and same problem.

The only way I am able to get back into the phone is i connect it to comp and run blackrain again. then phone boots up normal.
    01-16-2010 08:08 PM
    That's in every thread, it's called a "tethered jailbreak." You don't have to restore each time, you just have to run Blackra1n.
    01-17-2010 12:31 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD