down load blackra1n plug iphone onto the computer shot itune off(down) than tun rain, That should work. It work that way for me, I had to do it coulpe time, until I try this, hope it will work for u guys.
    10-14-2009 08:37 AM
    I'm running a 8 gig 3G. It def works. Took a few tries. Got stuck at the itunes USB cable screen. Just keep resetting. It will eventually work. took me under 10 tries.
    10-14-2009 11:35 AM
    IS anyone else missing there Winterboard icon??
    10-14-2009 01:58 PM
    seems like everyone is getting further than I am...I down load blackra1n...open it up and hit "make it ra1n" and it says....waiting on phone. Yes my phones plugged in, my computer shows it being listed in "my computer" anyone got any ideas?
    10-14-2009 05:03 PM
    I managed to get my 3G done- FINALLY! Did a little trouble-shooting thanks to this walkthrough. I put my phone in Airplane mode, and made sure blackra1n was on my C: drive. At first it seemed stuck in "entering recovery" mode, so I exited blackra1n (after about a minute) but didn't touch my phone. Then I immediately launched blackra1n again, clicked "make it rain" and *poof*... worked perfectly. Weird.
    Last edited by Corrina; 10-15-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    10-15-2009 11:26 PM
    ok my 3Gs is working great with blackra1n and i just JB my 2G with a non-active att sim card and had no issues as well
    10-16-2009 01:27 AM
    Okay ppl, will try to explain problems im having and what ive tried so far

in my household, we have 2x ipod touch 2g 8gb, one is my partners and is on firmware 2.2.1 - jailbreak done on that and working fine (cant remember the tool i used but it was call quickpwn or something similar)

i have the same model etc but on firmware 3.2.1, have been trying to jailbreak using blackra1n as cant see any other method at moment

have followed instruction on multiple sites inc in the forums here and always encounter same problem

i have tried this on both winxp and winvista machines using itunes9

restored to apple's default 3.2.1 firmware through itunes, then closed itunes and ran the blackra1n app from the blackra1n site, the jailbreak works fine and installs the blackra1n app

im then able to install cydia etc and from there it works just like my partners ipod touch (on firmware 2.2.1)

but if i hold power button down and switch my ipod touch off, as soon as switch back on i get the USB > itunes screen and when plug into pc - itunes auto loads and i am asked to restore as detected ipod in recovery mode

i have tried this around 10 times now and always get the same thing - anybody else experienced same issues and if so, have you managed to resolve them.

any help is much appreciated !!
    10-27-2009 05:35 PM
    What do you do when it goes into this mode? I had that happen once on my 3Gs and I forced a reboot and it never came back again.
    10-27-2009 05:58 PM
    What do you do when it goes into this mode? I had that happen once on my 3Gs and I forced a reboot and it never came back again.
    Im not sure what you mean by 'force a reboot' but ive tried everything and still get the USB > Itunes screen unless i jailbreak again with blackra1n (not very convenient) or restore using itunes (and loose the jailbreak altogether)

??
    10-27-2009 06:10 PM
    VOODOO,

Your newer iPod Touch has the new bootrom that is not exploitable to be able to re-jailbreak without being attached to a computer and having Blackra1n run again. There is no getting around this right now.
    10-27-2009 08:22 PM
    VOODOO,

Your newer iPod Touch has the new bootrom that is not exploitable to be able to re-jailbreak without being attached to a computer and having Blackra1n run again. There is no getting around this right now.
    Thnx for the info, will wait and see what happens with dev-team
    10-27-2009 09:19 PM
    help me please!!! I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch, and i used blackrain... WHen i clicked MAKE IT RAIN, the usb connect to itunes appeard, but the problem is, it turned to a pink distorted something like image!!! and even now it's still pink!! i cant turn it off, help me pls!! i tried to close the blackrain program, and then tried to unplug the usb from my ipod, and connected them again and opened blackrain... it keeps on saying WAITING FOR DEVICE... help me please... huhuhuhu!!!
    12-30-2009 02:31 AM
    help me please!!! I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch, and i used blackrain... WHen i clicked MAKE IT RAIN, the usb connect to itunes appeard, but the problem is, it turned to a pink distorted something like image!!! and even now it's still pink!! i cant turn it off, help me pls!! i tried to close the blackrain program, and then tried to unplug the usb from my ipod, and connected them again and opened blackrain... it keeps on saying WAITING FOR DEVICE... help me please... huhuhuhu!!!
    I am having the same problem. zyberblue? When did you purchase your ipod? I had an 8gig 3g iphone and used blackrain with no problem. I just purchased 3gs a few days ago and now I am having this problem. I am wondering if the newer phones and ipods sold are programed to block blackrain. Just a thought because I have been reading many people in different forums having this same issue within the past few days... Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I have to restore to everytime.
    12-31-2009 01:45 PM
    Hello guys, I just got my Itouch couple days ago and I want to Jailbreak it^^. Well I installed BlackRa1n into my Ipod everything is fine when I havn't Install Cydia. Since I don't have Wi-fi at home so I have to use Barnes& Novel's Wi-fi (^_^). And because of that I wont be able to connect the Ipod to my Pc(Vista).Then I update and Install Cydia while im at the book store. But the problem is after I install and updated it ,I restart my Ipod it wont let me in! (the USB>iTunes pop up instead and stay there then turn off) Plzzzzz Help MeDD
    01-05-2010 09:30 PM
    try putting it in DFU Mode then JB
    01-06-2010 06:45 PM
    I am having the same problem. zyberblue? When did you purchase your ipod? I had an 8gig 3g iphone and used blackrain with no problem. I just purchased 3gs a few days ago and now I am having this problem. I am wondering if the newer phones and ipods sold are programed to block blackrain. Just a thought because I have been reading many people in different forums having this same issue within the past few days... Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I have to restore to everytime.
    nooo...the newer iPhones have to do a tethered JB meaning whenever u reboot and/ or power off your phone for any reason then u have to run blackra1n on your desktop to get your JB back...its actually not as bad as it sounds..gd luck
    01-06-2010 06:47 PM
    Hello guys, I just got my Itouch couple days ago and I want to Jailbreak it^^. Well I installed BlackRa1n into my Ipod everything is fine when I havn't Install Cydia. Since I don't have Wi-fi at home so I have to use Barnes& Novel's Wi-fi (^_^). And because of that I wont be able to connect the Ipod to my Pc(Vista).Then I update and Install Cydia while im at the book store. But the problem is after I install and updated it ,I restart my Ipod it wont let me in! (the USB>iTunes pop up instead and stay there then turn off) Plzzzzz Help MeDD
    Maybe u can try reJBing...
    01-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Alright i jailbroke my iphone 3gs with 3.1.2 OS my question it how do i sync it now without restoring and losing the JB. when i connect to itunes it says must restore iphone to sync with itunes
    01-06-2010 06:59 PM
    did u restore THEN jb??
    01-06-2010 07:18 PM
    did u restore THEN jb??
    I jailbroke it first, everything was working fine. plugged it into sync it with itunes but it said it needed to be restored before i could sync it
    01-06-2010 07:54 PM
    When that happens, just ignore iTunes for a minute and run Blackra1n again. Then you'll be able to sync.
    01-07-2010 07:06 AM
    Just a quick question guys,Will Itunes 9 stop me from jailbreaking iphone 3g on 3.1.2? If so should i use itunes 8
    Thanks
    01-08-2010 03:56 PM
    You need the most recent iTunes.
    01-08-2010 06:20 PM
    Just a quick question guys,Will Itunes 9 stop me from jailbreaking iphone 3g on 3.1.2? If so should i use itunes 8
    Thanks
    No, You can jailbreak your iPhone with iTunes 9!
    01-08-2010 06:20 PM
    just upgraded from 3g to 3gs. Blackrain worked perfectly on my 3g. I jailbreaked my 3gs with success but with one very annoying flaw. Everytime i turn off my phone a usb cord and itunes icon appears on my screen. I tried holding both the power and home button until the apple sign comes on but to no avail. the first time this happened i connected to itunes and it asked me to restore my phone. which i did. it was very long and annoying. i rehacked my phone successfully until i turned it off again and the same issue occured. Anytime i reboot or shutdown my phone this always happens. Ive hacked many other phones for my friends and this hasnt happened to them. any ideas guy???
    01-09-2010 12:18 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD