Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
From what I know you will have to reinstall all that. Make sure your pics and music are backed up when u sync they will load back in. Contacts are already backed up in ur pc and will be ok after sync. If ur using outlook u will be fine there also. Winterboard needs to be installed if using themes.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
OK, sorry for the rehash question but I may have missed the answer somewhere. I have a 16 GB 3GS 3.0 and Windows XP, iTunes 9. I do not ever want to unlock as my company is on ATT. I would like to jailbreak.

Should I first upgrade to 3.1.2 or should I jailbreak directly from 3.0? I have also seen it mentioned on here that people have 'restored' prior to jailbreaking. Why would that be necessary? Thanks in advance!!!

I did it in hopes that it would give the the best possible chance for a successful jailbreak. A fresh device to jailbreak, no data or settings. It worked perfectly the first time.

alcedes

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Blackra1n Perpetual Failures

I have a contract free american iPhone 3G and attempted the Blackra1n unlock process without success. I think I am about to throw in the towel. The iPhone gets to the recovery mode screen and never progresses any further. (one attempt recorded here youtube.com/watch?v=JYDWFux1abo , as of yet I don't have privs for making links clickable in this forum).

I tried it using a computer running Vista 64-bit Ultimate Edition, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition, and a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard (10.6). I've also tried performing a factory restore on the iPhone and then attempting.

On the Windows machines Blackra1n is on the root of the C:\ drive and configured to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. UAC is turned off so Blackra1n is running in administrative mode by default. I've ensured that none of the iTunes processes are running. Though in one attempt I left iTunes running and killed only the iTunes helper (this was done in a successful attempt recorded on YouTube).

I tried performing the process with holding down both buttons when the iPhone reboots and releasing the power button when the Apple logo shows up but that has no impact.

Last edited:

alcedes

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Success

I finally had success with the jailbreak. A new version of Blackra1n was released today and when I ran it the jailbreak occurred without issue.

thedeadmanx

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
FrownTown

I recently purchased an iphone 3GS and updated it to firmware 3.2.1 using itunes and I'm using a PC. My model is an "MC135LL" which can be seen under "about" in the phone. I read that MC models cannot be jailbroken using blackra1n, is the new version of blackrain "RC2" supposed to work with this model phone because I have tried everything and it just does NOT work. I've tried so many variations of what people have said works, leaving phone in airplane mode, holding down power and home button then release power and keep holding home. None of these techniques work, both versions of blackrain just hang while it says "running" , all instances of itunes are closed. Iphone never goes to the screen of that dude with curly hair, just sits in the recovery screen. Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I'm running XP w/ SP3.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased an iphone 3GS and updated it to firmware 3.2.1 using itunes and I'm using a PC. My model is an "MC135LL" which can be seen under "about" in the phone. I read that MC models cannot be jailbroken using blackra1n, is the new version of blackrain "RC2" supposed to work with this model phone because I have tried everything and it just does NOT work. I've tried so many variations of what people have said works, leaving phone in airplane mode, holding down power and home button then release power and keep holding home. None of these techniques work, both versions of blackrain just hang while it says "running" , all instances of itunes are closed. Iphone never goes to the screen of that dude with curly hair, just sits in the recovery screen. Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I'm running XP w/ SP3.

Thats false...i also have a 3Gs model: MC135LL and i JB with no issues at all! U have a newer bootrom 359.3.2...thats why u cant JB

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/1527348-post8.html

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow! they're out already???
last week i went to my local AT&T store to look at upgrading to a 3GS.
some pimply faced kid looked at me like i was crazy when i asked if hey had any 24Kpwn exploited devices.
so he got his supervisor and that's when things got really interesting.
i asked him the same thing...
the supervisor asked why?
i obviously told him why and he got really offensive and said that there was "no way" they can tell just by the box.
he would not guarantee that it could be JB or not.
so.... i guess i'm gonna stick with my 3G.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Of course they have no way of knowing by just looking at the box. They don't know what they are looking for. You went about it the totally wrong way.

xmvl001

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
anyone jailbreak their 3gs on 3.1.2 that has a "corporate" exchange connection and a "secure profile"? wondering if jailbreaking with blackra1n will be negatively affected by the security profile....

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox