Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

Tibbs

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi

ive done everything in the tutorial, but when i try and put an app over itunes tell me that there is an error! Also ive downloaded themes with cydia but i cant use them.

Any help?

Tibbs

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
have done all updates will NOT go to geo pic phone remains blank then i have to recover that take a while clicked I've done "make it rain" it says it done it all and has jb phone but screen is blank? iphone 3g, Im using 3.1.2 os and running itunes 9.0.1 could I get a step by step inst for idiots I've followed the inst on here still no JB?? do i need to shut down anything or hold any buttons??? did redsnow on first try no problems this is driving me bonkers

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi

ive done everything in the tutorial, but when i try and put an app over itunes tell me that there is an error! Also ive downloaded themes with cydia but i cant use them.

Any help?

Tibbs

do u have winterboard app on your springboard??

Piercey

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Alright.... I'm confused. I'm on a mac but I figure the technobuzz tutorial is kind of close.

It says this

"WARNING: GeoHot jailbreak supports 3.1.2 do not update if you are on iPhone OS 3.0.1 or 3.0"

but later in the tutorial is says to update to 3.1.2 via itunes.

So what am I supposed to do? Also, when updating to 3.1.2 am I supposed to use the one itunes downloads for me or the one I download from say a site like technobuzz?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Alright.... I'm confused. I'm on a mac but I figure the technobuzz tutorial is kind of close.

It says this

"WARNING: GeoHot jailbreak supports 3.1.2 do not update if you are on iPhone OS 3.0.1 or 3.0"

So what am I supposed to do? Also, when updating to 3.1.2 am I supposed to use the one itunes downloads for me or the one I download from say a site like technobuzz?

i thought mac users had a different JB...if not...

...use itunes 9 to DL 3.1.2 then go from there...

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com

It says this

then that changes everything. first sentence on Technobuzz "Finally GeoHot has released his BlackRa1n jailbreak for Windows users only". you cannot use BlackRa1n on Mac. use PwnageTool found here Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with PwnageTool 3.1.4 | TechnoBuzz.net

Piercey

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
then that changes everything. first sentence on Technobuzz "Finally GeoHot has released his BlackRa1n jailbreak for Windows users only". you cannot use BlackRa1n on Mac. use PwnageTool found here

He just released BlackRa1n for Mac late last night. There isn't a tutorial out yet but I figured the windows one was close enough.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
launch Winterboard. this is the app that will allow you to add different theme elements that you have installed through Cydia. you can check/uncheck elements you want to use and even move them around. below is a good link helping explain how to utilize Winterboard. hope it helps.

Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

i searched using spotlite for winterboard but it doesnt show up...then i tried to DL it via cydia and when it reboot, my phone freezes on the apple screen so i restored and JB'd all over again...how do i get winterboard back?:confused:

msblueman

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone Jailbroken their phone running 3.12 and run any of the Rock Your Phone apps like IntelliScreen, MyProfiles, and iRealQuickSMS?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Has anyone Jailbroken their phone running 3.12 and run any of the Rock Your Phone apps like IntelliScreen, MyProfiles, and iRealQuickSMS?

i haven't used those. i've used QuickReply but it was a Cydia app. i've had a couple of major updates to Rock since upgrading to 3.1.2 though. are you having trouble?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i searched using spotlite for winterboard but it doesnt show up...then i tried to DL it via cydia and when it reboot, my phone freezes on the apple screen so i restored and JB'd all over again...how do i get winterboard back?:confused:

have you installed SpotBright from cydia? it is same thing as spotlite, but allows you to also search for for hidden or JB apps. spotlite won't pull them up. and i'd recommend downloading SBSettings or BossPrefs. both will allow you to hide app icons and conversely, reveal hidden ones.

Tibbs

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
launch Winterboard. this is the app that will allow you to add different theme elements that you have installed through Cydia. you can check/uncheck elements you want to use and even move them around. below is a good link helping explain how to utilize Winterboard. hope it helps.

Hi

just followed the tutorial but its made no difference

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tibbs

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
have you installed SpotBright from cydia? it is same thing as spotlite, but allows you to also search for for hidden or JB apps. spotlite won't pull them up. and i'd recommend downloading SBSettings or BossPrefs. both will allow you to hide app icons and conversely, reveal hidden ones.

ok so i installed spotbright via cydia...is there an icon for that app on my springboard because i dont see one?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox