eeek!! im new here, tried the above, clicked make it rain, now i have a picture of a cd, with usb and an arrow on my iphone screen! 3g 8gig and 3.1.2

help please!!
    10-19-2009 10:07 PM
    got it to work, 2nd try! awesome so far!!
    10-19-2009 10:49 PM
    have the latest updates, latest itunes, tried blackrain, phone froze on the connect to itunes screen, comp (windows) wont recognize usb cable and phone is froze on this screen! help! i work on an ambulance and need my phone!!!!!!!!!!!
    put your phone into dfu mode(hold the home and power button at same time til screen turns off then let go of power but keep holding home button til ya pc recognizes) then restore via itunes
    10-20-2009 12:27 AM
    I should be getting my new Iphone 3gs 16gb tomorrow and want to have it jb like my itouch , my questoins are I keep seeing this jb program Blackra1n and from what i can gather is that in order for myself to do the jb i should udated my phones fw to 3.1.2 then restore it , if its not on that firmware then go ahead download Blackra1n and do the jb , and that should be it , but reading blogs here and there i see that people are having probs with there jb on there 3gs a couple of them . do i have the right idea on doing it myself ??
    10-20-2009 12:36 AM
    yea u will be fine, u may encounter a few issues but just keep doing it til u have the rite JB...took me 7 tries, one time i froze my phone, another time i couldnt DL apps, another time a few apps didnt work, another time i knocked my service out completely, it varies but at the end im sure u will be fine...let us know if u need any assistance...
    10-20-2009 12:40 AM
    yea u will be fine, u may encounter a few issues but just keep doing it til u have the rite JB...took me 7 tries, one time i froze my phone, another time i couldnt DL apps, another time a few apps didnt work, another time i knocked my service out completely, it varies but at the end im sure u will be fine...let us know if u need any assistance...
    Hey bro whats the one app that allowes you to use your iphone to hook it up to a laptop and used it to get internet ?
    10-20-2009 12:44 AM
    PdaNet or MyWi...i prefer PdaNet tho personally
    10-20-2009 12:46 AM
    PdaNet or MyWi...i prefer PdaNet tho personally
    I take it i can download it threw cydia ? and is it pretty good ?
    10-20-2009 12:49 AM
    yea via cydia, i love PdaNet, i never had a problem with it!
    10-20-2009 12:51 AM
    yea via cydia, i love PdaNet, i never had a problem with it!
    Coo , any other app you recomend getting for the iphone ?
    10-20-2009 12:54 AM
    all the apps i have are personal preference but i would also recommend 'five icon dock' and 'five column springboard'...these are system apps tho
    10-20-2009 12:57 AM
    all the apps i have are personal preference but i would also recommend 'five icon dock' and 'five column springboard'...these are system apps tho
    Yeah i got does on my itouch and is one of the ones i will definately download. thanks for your help.
    10-20-2009 01:08 AM
    no problem, anytime
    10-20-2009 11:05 AM
    Hi,
    JB'd 3gs today and worked 1st time fine.
    Installed blackra1n ok no probs.
    Installed cydia no probs.
    The only thing is It still says that there is a cost to download the apps via cydia.
    I thought they were for free on cydia. I thought that was the whole point of JB.

I also have downloaded quite a few apps via newsgroups and before the JB Itunes told me that bascially, they couldn't install. After the JB the same errors come up.

Can anyone explain this for me a bit further.

Cheers
    10-20-2009 03:44 PM
    never heard of that issues...can u post a pic of the screen where it says that...that would help us out alot in figuring this out...thanks
    10-20-2009 03:55 PM
    I've been spending hours in trying to Jailbreak my new Iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 using Blackra1n. I've reed every web site that I could find and tried all possible trix but end up at the same place everytime. DONE, WAIT FOR REBOOT !!!???? and nothing happends. I've seen a lot of people having the same problem and read about several suggestions for fixes but none work ????

Anybody outthere that can help !!!!!!
    10-20-2009 04:01 PM
    I've been spending hours in trying to Jailbreak my new Iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 using Blackra1n. I've reed every web site that I could find and tried all possible trix but end up at the same place everytime. DONE, WAIT FOR REBOOT !!!???? and nothing happends. I've seen a lot of people having the same problem and read about several suggestions for fixes but none work ????

Anybody outthere that can help !!!!!!
    have you tried JB on a different computer? some have found that their particular anti-virus software was interfering with their JB. if you have access to another PC/Mac, i'd give that a try.
    10-20-2009 04:07 PM
    Is this just for the iPhone or does this work for iPod too? I keep trying and the logo will come up and everything and it will say wait for reboot. It does, but the screen goes black and the iPod won't turn on. am I doing something wrong
    10-20-2009 04:16 PM
    Are you using the newest iPod Touch?
    10-20-2009 04:28 PM
    i'm not sure, I beleive it is the new one because I just bought it a month ago. It's an 8 gig. Is there a way I can tell for sure? Lol I'm not too tech savvy.
    10-20-2009 04:34 PM
    never heard of that issues...can u post a pic of the screen where it says that...that would help us out alot in figuring this out...thanks
    Can't upload pictures on here as haven't posted enough. description below.

I have 15 apps that are in Itunes at the minute and whenever I connect my iphone it trys to sync them. I downloaded thses via newsgroups. The error it brings up is:

"some of the applications in your iphone library were not installed on the iphone because one or more errors occured.
    For a list of the applications that could not be installed, please click the + icon.

+ 15 total warnings

And two buttons - OK + More information.
    If I click the more information, it directs me to Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store site.

The apps I'm trying to install include:

Monopoly
    Yahtzee
    Guitar rock
    pro evo soccer 2009
    Tom tom UK
    Assassins creed

They are in my applications folder on itunes, but whenever I load up, I get the error and they don't make it over to the phone. I thought JBing would stop this.

As for Cydia...when I go into the cydia store, there is a price next to each app e.g. $2.99...when I click it asks me to login. Just thought apps through cydia were for free...sorry If I was wrong.

Any help appreciated.
    10-20-2009 04:51 PM
    Hi all,

I've been trying to JB my 3G iPhone for several hours, to no avail. I've tried following the instructions on ''Wickman Studios" but nothing seems to be making it work.

Any tips so I can get this done? I'm relatively new to JBing as I've "seen" it done before but never actually attempted it on my own product.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
    10-20-2009 07:58 PM

I got five dock no problem but when i get five colum and hit install it saids or should i say the next page instead having the confirm buttom it has nothing on the right , on the left corner ir has cancel/quene and in the center it saids
    Note the requested modifictions cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed . any idea what went wrong or if theres a different type of app i can ussed intead ?
    10-20-2009 09:00 PM
    my bad, I do have the 2G touch. Does it even work with iPods? Sorry for the noobish questions
    10-20-2009 11:58 PM
    Hi all,

I've been trying to JB my 3G iPhone for several hours, to no avail. I've tried following the instructions on ''Wickman Studios" but nothing seems to be making it work.

Any tips so I can get this done? I'm relatively new to JBing as I've "seen" it done before but never actually attempted it on my own product.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
    The steps that worked for me are as follows:

sync iPhone to iTunes
    restore
    ran blackra1n and made it rain
    started up iTunes which activated iPhone
    set up as new iphone
    sync iPhone with iTunes

I have a question of my own. I'm trying to find the right themes for me. I can't get any keyboard theme to work. Are they just not compatible or am I doing something wrong?
    10-21-2009 12:17 AM
176 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD