Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

ebonyx99

Oct 15, 2008
Visit site
I found a couple other tutorials that explained how to install cydia so I decided to jailbreak...I've tried approx. 10 times and each time my phone get stuck on running (iphone recovery mode with usb screen) I've searched the internet for solutions and I ended up stuck in recovery mode so I had to retore to factory settings. I've tried shutting down itunes services in background. I'm running windows xp. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've heard of of the 3G device having a lot of problems ( basically just being very inconsistent, but that it will eventually work ), or you can try to wait for sn0wbreeze, which should be out tomorrow.

Dillly

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
hello all,

super new here, but i do have a question.
i have a 3GS with 3.1 OUT OF THE BOX (it came with 3.1), didnt upgrade or anything, the only action i took with iTunes is enabled MMS on the 25th of September, i am with AT&T in the US.

so.. Will this new solution work for my phone? Please point it out for me, and i promise not to create multiple threads asking the same question! =)

hoping to jailbreak, and unlock (ideally) even though what i am seeing here it is not possible at this time.

Big thanks!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You can jailbreak with blackra1n, but not unlock.

You can either upgrade to 3.1.2 or stay at 3.1 ( it won't matter ), and then run blackra1n. Welcome to jailbreaking 101 ;)

Dillly

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
You can jailbreak with blackra1n, but not unlock.

You can either upgrade to 3.1.2 or stay at 3.1 ( it won't matter ), and then run blackra1n. Welcome to jailbreaking 101 ;)

Thank you! So with this one it doesnt matter if the phone has NOT been JB-ed before? Because before it was impossible if the phone comes with pre-installed 3.1.

Pbskis14

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey JBers

Ran Blackra1n without a problem! Downloaded Cydia and installed Winterboard. Once winterboard was downloaded and installed, I was prompted in Cydia to ReBoot iPhone. I clicked the button, phone powered off, restarted and now can not load past the white apple logo. Do I need to restore my phone? Will iTunes even recognize the phone if it wont boot up?

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Pete

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you! So with this one it doesnt matter if the phone has NOT been JB-ed before? Because before it was impossible if the phone comes with pre-installed 3.1.

Correct, this works with 3.1 OTB. If you bought your 3GS and it had 3.1 installed on it you're good to go for jailbreaking. Unlocking, no.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey JBers

Ran Blackra1n without a problem! Downloaded Cydia and installed Winterboard. Once winterboard was downloaded and installed, I was prompted in Cydia to ReBoot iPhone. I clicked the button, phone powered off, restarted and now can not load past the white apple logo. Do I need to restore my phone? Will iTunes even recognize the phone if it wont boot up?

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Pete

Go for a restore, put your phone into recovery mode:
iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
done. sooooo easy! i followed the OP's directions and everything took the very first attempt.

i'm running windows vista, and upgraded from JB 3.0.1 32GB 3GS to OS 3.1.2. all seems well thus far (just finished installing cydia).

all hail geohot!

Son_Gokou31

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I do have a question. I am really tempted to Jailbreak my 3GS but I haven't seen anyone ask my questions. If you jailbreak can you still use the App Store? And what happens to your downloads already on the device?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I do have a question. I am really tempted to Jailbreak my 3GS but I haven't seen anyone ask my questions. If you jailbreak can you still use the App Store? And what happens to your downloads already on the device?

yes. you still have access to App Store, Cydia apps and many many more. plus you get to keep the apps you already have. they still sync through iTunes also.

you don't actually 'lose' access to anything. JB only opens the door for more great things.
this was a big question in my mind before JBing also. now, come over to the darkside...

erb1016#IM

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
ok i got a real newb question.

Im really new to iphone about 3 days new i just bought my iphone 16g 3gs. it came with 3.1.2 already on it.

So... Would this jailbreak work on my 3gs?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok i got a real newb question.

Im really new to iphone about 3 days new i just bought my iphone 16g 3gs. it came with 3.1.2 already on it.

So... Would this jailbreak work on my 3gs?

yes. the BlackRa1n jailbreak will work with the latest 3.1.2 firmware; however, it will not hacktivate your iPhone. no previous JB necessary.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Jailbreaking, at least IMO. Isnt about so much the apps they offer, rather the utilities and system setting it opens up for you. I mean I can add 3G unrestrictor to watch my sling, or get high quality youtube. I can add SBSSettings for quick one click access to my settings. I installed PDANet to tether(best part of jailbreaking IMO), Intelliscreen is great too, something apple should do themselves! and of course themes. Although in the past I really didnt care about themes So much as being able to just have an image on my homescreen background. But there so much that can open the iphone up, its silly not to. I too was once hesitant, and the best thing is, you can always revert and unjailbreak if you dislike. But for PDANet alone and MyWi, thats why I jailbreak.

ESCKHANDAR

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
1rst GEN iPHONE

I have a question,

I have the iPhone 1rst Generation (16Gb) and as shown on this video( youtube.com/watch?v=kk6x4yGbflw), I pushed on the button "Restore and Update". From there I have the 3.1.2 FW. I heard that if you JB the iPhone 3G and 3GS you'll have a pb with the BaseBand and will probably loose your phone, so MY QUESTION Will be:

Is the Problem with the BaseBand on the iPhone 3G and 3GS (when you Jailbreak with blackra1n), will also occure with the 1rst Gen. If there'll be no pb, should I have any pb with calling and will my iPhone be as good as before(as "phone")??(I'm asking this question because I never heard any info on the 1rst Gen anywhere and because I don't want to loose my device :s)

Thanks Alot!!!:)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox