Black Rain Problems

pirate82

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
downloaded black rain jailbreaker this morning the phone the software just says running it doesent seem to do anything am i missing a step can anyone help cheers

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
You should post more info.... like what device you're running this on and which firmware version you have installed.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Well everything went great with the jailbreak no problems. THEN! I downloaded 3GUnrestrictor no problem, next I downloaded Winterboard then it rebooted device now its stuck on the Apple logo. Any ideas? 3GS on all the latest iphone updates.

jredecop#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
downloaded black rain jailbreaker this morning the phone the software just says running it doesent seem to do anything am i missing a step can anyone help cheers

mine did the same thing i just restarted my phone by holding home and power button and reran it and it worked perfect!

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
mine did the same thing i just restarted my phone by holding home and power button and reran it and it worked perfect!

Well I could not get mine to reboot so I did a restore. Going to jailbreak it again but will be hesitant to do winterboard again. At least until I see if more people have that same problem.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Usually Goehot's first release of any app is buggy; the second release usually works perfect and tends to be released a few days after the first.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Usually Goehot's first release of any app is buggy; the second release usually works perfect and tends to be released a few days after the first.

Yeah I guess you dont know what the little problems are till anything runs for awhile.

pirate82

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i am running a 3g iphone software ver 3.1.2 /7d11
carrier 02 5.0 iphone works ok but no jailbreak maybe there are a few bugs in the software would be gratefull for any solution cheers mike

pirate82

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
hi matt 74 have got the blackrain icon sussed it found a blog on blackrain site
Juanma,
Reboot your phone.
Leave it on.
Run blackra1n.exe.
Plug your phone in.
Make sure itunes isn't open.
Click on "Make it Rain".

i did it 3 times you know its working when you get the blackrain logo then it reboots then disconnect it so i tunes cant put it into recovery mode gonna fettle with it now cheers

anon(760814)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
hi matt 74 have got the blackrain icon sussed it found a blog on blackrain site
Juanma,
Reboot your phone.
Leave it on.
Run blackra1n.exe.
Plug your phone in.
Make sure itunes isn't open.
Click on "Make it Rain".

i did it 3 times you know its working when you get the blackrain logo then it reboots then disconnect it so i tunes cant put it into recovery mode gonna fettle with it now cheers

Did you manually reboot (home+power) between the 3 times, mine hangs after blackra1n attempts reboot. Did you shutdown blackra1n between attempts?

MrAnonymous

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
For some reason, after installing blackrain, I am unable to receive incoming calls, and it says that my phone number is disabled/disconnected.

Edit - Forget what I said, incoming calls are working again.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well everything went great with the jailbreak no problems. THEN! I downloaded 3GUnrestrictor no problem, next I downloaded Winterboard then it rebooted device now its stuck on the Apple logo. Any ideas? 3GS on all the latest iphone updates.

I had the same problem recently when I JB 3.1 with pwnage tool. As soon as I installed anything from Cydia with Winterboard my phone would crash into Safe Mode. Then I finally firgured out it was WB once I uninstalled it the phone was perfectly fine. What I did was re-JB without Winterboard included as a package. Then I put WB in and everything was fine. So you should try re-JB and the first thing you put on is WB. If the phone crashes, just reboot with power + Home and if you can get back into the phone un-install WB.

sommerface

Jan 10, 2009
www.thevoiceof3.com
:( yeah, i found out i'm having issues. i don't get the blackra1n screen at all, but i get a pop up that my phone is going to be rebooted.

yes, iTunes is not working in the background. I've reset my phone many times now. I have 3.1.2.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
little FYI...don't even bother using Vista. I tried on my laptop, and it didn't work. I used my husband's computer, which has XP, and it's working fine.

you should check to make sure your user has admin priviliges. There are unpredictable results when programs run without admin privileges. I've never had a Windows machine where my user wasn't in the admin group.

cirem

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. New to this site and new to iPhone. I'm using the iphone 3gs 3.1.2. I tried using blackrain to jailbreak it but after jailbreaking it, whenever i turn the phone off and turn it back on, I get this USB and itunes icons and when I plug it in the computer, it tells me to restore (or else the phone wont even start). I have tried restoring and installing blackrain again but same thing happened. Am I doing anything wrong? I should mention, when I first got the phone, I did start it up with itunes, then install blackrain a day later. Can anyone please point me to the right direction? Cheers guys!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro