2G accidentaly Updated to iPhone1_1_3.1.2

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I accidentally Hit restore button in ITunes 9, ITunes 9 upgraded to my Iphone 2G iphone to 3.1.2... it restore to factory settings...

Now ITunes saying to me activate it with AT&T...Bla Bla...

when i try to Unlock it with old method like quickpwn...and old file it dont recognize it...it says you need IPWS_7D11_iphone1_1_3.1.2 file etc...

can some one tell my 2G iPhone baseband is updated or still old baseband...

How do i know about this ..

on my phone i have Usb and itunes sign only...i can make calls by calling pad in emergency mode and receive calls...thats it nothing more......

very confused to find out about my baseband..????

what are my options..can some give me any idea...by the way i am with Rogers in Toronto/Canada..phone is from AT&T from USA...

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
If you updated your iPhone to 3.1.2 your baseband is updated and you will have to wait for a unlock(if there is one)

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
r u guessing or just giving me your opinion....???

How do i confirm this i want to know ..that My 2G Iphone is Update to new baseband

number....!!!!!! ...may be it did not updated to new baseband?

Thats why i want to confirm by looking into it

any Tip...or idea...will be appreciated...

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
you need to download the 2g 3.0 software and save it to your desk and then in itunes connect the phone put it into dfu mode and then itunes will pop up saying it found a iphone in recovery mods hit OK then hold the shift key and click restore it will ask u to point it to that new 3.0 software u downloaded to your desktop this will bring u back to 3.0 ONLY FOR A 2G

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow!!! Seems to be a lot of attitude running around here lately!! I know I have not been around here long but in the last couple months it seems to be getting a little steamy! Kinda reminds me of this forum's sister site....

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have windows Xp professional computer is that will work...or i need Mac operating system computer...

which Itunes i should use 8.2 or 9 ???

can u give me link to download for 3.0 software plz...??

i had 2.2.1 unlocked version before on my 2G iphone..is this 3.0 gonna be a problem...??

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
That was not directed towards you Tramain. You are as far as I can tell one of the most helpful and patient members on this forum. people should learn from your example!!!

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I try it and ITunes 8.2 use for this ...when i saw after DFU mode Iphone

firmware: n/a
Software Version: n/a

Bla Bla...some thing like that...not showing firmware or version....

i hit shift and select that 3.0 software ...then error pop up in ITunes 8.2 that

firmware you have selected is incorrect ....!!!!!....error...

and thats it...

What i am doing Wrong plz help me....

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Use the new Blackrain

heard on this website that they are working on it....any fix for 2G mine has silver back ground body and black little portion on the bottom.

as far my knowledge its 2G let me put picture for mine..

it does not show any thing under ITunes...firmware and software version say n/a ?

saying it restore to factory settings plz connect to AT&T to activate your

account..while i am not..i am in Toronto ,Canada with Rogers...

Dont Know what to do next?

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i just saw on youtube that 8 hours ago Blackrain released 3.1.2 jailbreaking fix..

here it is link plz let me know i my case should i use this update blakrain fix or wait ? just copy and paste this in Search in youtube & it will open this video.....

EASY 3.1.2 Jailbreak for ALL DEVICES! Blackra1n

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro