I'm all lost. preJB'd 3gs on 3.1.2 now. help please

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello ppl
Last week i bought my first iphone. got me a 3gs upgraded on 3.1. I read all about JB and unlocking so i knew what i'm buying. I asked the guy if he JB'd it pre installing 3.1 and he said he used redsnow0.8 for JB and unltrasnow via cydia for unlocking.
now, beeing my first iphone, didnt really know how itunes&everything works and while trying to follow a guide on JB'ing/unlocking i installed 3.1.2 instead of putting a custom firmware :))
i know Geo is about to release blacra1n but i also read
"Unlock iPhone 3GS Firmware 3.1 on Windows" (i cant link it in here beeing my first post :( ) ... a few topics below
and ppl having success with it. will i be able to do it to on 3.1.2? :/

Thank you.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So if i wouldn't had upgraded to 3.1.2, i could have used that thing? :((

thanx for the fast reply and btw "@Mloysch finally gonna actually answer a question...30 second 3.1.2 jailbreak for the first 5 possibly +1" from geo's twitter ;)

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
i'm going to try it, thank you very much :)

"It?s possible to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 but only if your baseband has not been updated to 05.11.07 or the newer baseband, you must create a custom firmware that uses the 04.26.08 baseband."

what does that mean? (as i said, i'm 1week old into iphones, heh)
i mean, if i get a 04 baseband, can i also unlock it? :S

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm going to try it, thank you very much :)

"It?s possible to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 but only if your baseband has not been updated to 05.11.07 or the newer baseband, you must create a custom firmware that uses the 04.26.08 baseband."

what does that mean? (as i said, i'm 1week old into iphones, heh)
i mean, if i get a 04 baseband, can i also unlock it? :S

You cannot downgrade the baseband.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
:S redsnow is stuck on "uploading ramdisk" (the progress bar has about 25% done for about 3mins now and the iphone is blank screen but backlight on, if u know what i mean and i managed to express it correctly :p) :/

edit: ok :(

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
:S redsnow is stuck on "uploading ramdisk" (the progress bar has about 25% done for about 3mins now and the iphone is blank screen but backlight on, if u know what i mean and i managed to express it correctly :p) :/

edit: ok :(

Did you use the right firmware?

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
yes, i updated phone to 3.1.2 again with itunes, then used 3.0.1 with redsnow(both from their links).
update: redsnow is still stuck at same point, but iphone booted by itself. it's in same unlocked unJB'ed stage :S

edit: btw, is this normal? when i power the phone, the "restoring" background shows(itunes and the usb cable), phone is keylocked and i can only "slide for emergency" (this is the way i bought the phone)
edit2: did i have to do those JB tutorial steps with a SIM inside? (dont think it matters imo) :S

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, i updated phone to 3.1.2 again with itunes, then used 3.0.1 with redsnow(both from their links).
update: redsnow is still stuck at same point, but iphone booted by itself. it's in same unlocked unJB'ed stage :S

edit: btw, is this normal? when i power the phone, the "restoring" background shows(itunes and the usb cable), phone is keylocked and i can only "slide for emergency" (this is the way i bought the phone)

Yea thats normal just close redsn0w and wait for a unlock to be released.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
ok, thought the phone has issues, cos read some posts that ppl upgrading to 3.1 left them with an "ipod" (aka they can use applications, while i cannont :/)

thank you for the help

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
ok, thought the phone has issues, cos read some posts that ppl upgrading to 3.1 left them with an "ipod" (aka they can use applications, while i cannont :/)

thank you for the help

Ooo... If you wanna use it as a iPod activate it and take the sim out.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
u think it could work doing it again? xD

upg to 3.1.2->snow it with 3.0.1 fw file on the site?(just to be sure i got it straight, since 3.1 or 3.1.2 fw files arent recognized by snow)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
u think it could work doing it again? xD

upg to 3.1.2->snow it with 3.0.1 fw file on the site?(just to be sure i got it straight, since 3.1 or 3.1.2 fw files arent recognized by snow)

The Jailbreak posted there is not %100 guaranteed to work, So try it again and if it does not work I would just wait it out. (Make sure you use right firmware)

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
ok, thanx alot, will try one more time, if it fails again ... bleh, ill wait for "official" JB's :)

edit:
tutorial(and the corespnding screenshots) says to put it in DFU mode, but for me snow says to put it in recovery mode :/
should i put it in DFU anyway? xD

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
ok, thanx alot, will try one more time, if it fails again ... bleh, ill wait for "official" JB's :)

edit:
tutorial(and the corespnding screenshots) says to put it in DFU mode, but for me snow says to put it in recovery mode :/
should i put it in DFU anyway? xD

Put it in recovery mode.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
ok, i give up :)
whats happening on the PC aint corresponding with whats happening on the phone either. aparently.
i put it in recovery, snow goes to next step auto, it says "rebooting", then it start it's process. but the phone stays a few more seconds on recovery more after snow's rebooting message, screen goes black(i think progress bar is already 10-15%filled at this point lulz) but with backlight on.
at end snow says "booting" and "done" but phone is still on blank screen(stays so quite awhile, so i just turned it off manually :/)...

ill just wait for blackra1n most likely >_<

if an unlock doesent appear (soon ar at all) would you recommend NOT using a turbosim(if not, why?)? cos i was thinking of buying one after i JB it untill an unlock appears :/

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
nothing new i suppose? i need to activate it somehow so i can JB it, right? (blackra1n didnt do anything ... well, it uploaded stuff, geo's photo on my iphone, reboot, back to emergency calls only).
Guess i'll have to wait for devteam's and hope it includes a hacktivate, or hope some1 will release a hacktivation metod?

edit: i know in what carrier it's locked and i can get one of those SIMs, will that help me activate phone+JB+unlock? :S (i got a friend where the phone is from, so i cant "test and tell you" before i know i have atleast a chance it will work :p)

thank you

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative