3G Baseband 5.11.07 on bootloader 5.09 Help downgrade if possible?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
see that's what I thought was possible and I suggested it as a possibility way back to 2G owners. So I'm waiting to hear how you did it.

sry for the late response...Tonite, I will do this completely over from the very very beginning so i dont miss any steps. I just want to be sure...and not give anyone the wrong info

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Guys with the 2G phone PM loudrims_inc and ask him how he got his phone to work. I'm thinking the first step is to get an AT&T SIM active or not. Pop it into your phone and the phone may just open up then you can see what is up with the phone and where to go from there. When I JB the last time I took my SIM out and the minute I plugged it in to iTunes I was at the screen you guys are at now. My phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is Fido so once I popped the Fido SIM in the phone unlocked which is why I think that will happen once you put the AT&T SIM in your phone. You may still need to JB and unlock but we'll deal with that once the phone is actually accessible.

sry i didnt see this post at 1st....YES Ipheuria, you are exactly rite! Thats how i was able to access the phone:

...When i locked my tmo iphone 2G by updating to 3.1.2, all i seen was the itunes cord screen so at that point i knew i was f****d. I remember when i bought the 2G from ebaY, the seller of the phone left his non-active att sim card in it so i put it in place of my tmo sim, i rebooted itunes and my phone sync'ed to my PC with no problem, then i see the emergency call screen and it changed after about after a minute. Then i proceeded with the JB via blackra1n and connecting to the web via wifi

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
try fuzzyband on cydia and if your bootloader is 5.08 or lower you can downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 to use with ultrasnow to unlock it's much easier and safer :D

...Since i can access the phone and all the apps, i will attempt a downgrade either tonite or tomm with the quoted method above

Last edited:

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Man.... plz let us Know..... step by step process to get out of this USB & iTunes picture... emergency mode...

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Well with regards to this thread I actually spoke in person to one of the Dev Team members which by the way has around 5,000 members or so all working and hacking in groups together on what they are assigned then they combine it together. he said they are always looking for holes in the software one way or another. this guy told me he works with people from Germany, France and even Jamaica via email, etc., but anyways he told me within a couple of weeks they should have a way to unlock with everyone who has their baseband upgraded on 5.11.07. they are working on it as we speak. Just to let everyone know I am not bull****ting and I did talk to him today to get things straight. He also told me blackra1n is having alot of bugs I guess because it's new and it's not because he's a Dev Team guy I didn't even find out until later in our conversation that he was part of their team just asking him stuff led me to find out. So let's be patient and don't buy anything out of desperation and wait for the unlock for 5.11.07 :D If anyone hears or finds out anything please do post it :D

dreric01

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Well with regards to this thread I actually spoke in person to one of the Dev Team members which by the way has around 5,000 members or so all working and hacking in groups together on what they are assigned then they combine it together. he said they are always looking for holes in the software one way or another. this guy told me he works with people from Germany, France and even Jamaica via email, etc., but anyways he told me within a couple of weeks they should have a way to unlock with everyone who has their baseband upgraded on 5.11.07. they are working on it as we speak. Just to let everyone know I am not bull****ting and I did talk to him today to get things straight. He also told me blackra1n is having alot of bugs I guess because it's new and it's not because he's a Dev Team guy I didn't even find out until later in our conversation that he was part of their team just asking him stuff led me to find out. So let's be patient and don't buy anything out of desperation and wait for the unlock for 5.11.07 :D If anyone hears or finds out anything please do post it :D

o man this is a freaking great news:) I really hope its tru:) btw wats his nam.... they communicate alot through tweeter.... But thanks for the heads up

dreric01

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I have 1 input to this... I know they are working on it but they are having prob with the injection vector.... I hope somone would help them..... If only geo and d dev team would patch things up this would have been done in a couple of days

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
o man this is a freaking great news:) I really hope its tru:) btw wats his nam.... they communicate alot through tweeter.... But thanks for the heads up

He said he doesn't really use a blog or anything he is just a local cell phone repair guy with a shop and his shop is full of phones, etc. I went in there because I went to a local apple store and they recommended me to him. I was talking to him for a while and that's how I discovered he was with the Dev Team they have so many people (Dev Team) and he just does one part they ask then they combine all their info for unlocks, jailbreaks, etc.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I have 1 input to this... I know they are working on it but they are having prob with the injection vector.... I hope somone would help them..... If only geo and d dev team would patch things up this would have been done in a couple of days

Yes the guy I talked to yesterday said this too and he also said there are always "holes" they are looking for in the software to bypass and they are working on it and he even said it's going to be harder for the new 3Ges phones which are they one with the pre-factory shipped iphones that apple is trying to prevent jailbreaks, etc. on.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site

as soon as I hear something I will post it I may ask him in a week or so to see what the deal is :D

dreric01

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
as soon as I hear something I will post it I may ask him in a week or so to see what the deal is :D

thanks man here is their twitter account if you would want to know more news.. @geohot,@ chronic_dev, @musclenerd (moderator for the in fightings of the group lol), @iphone_dev.....
btw beware of people who tell you they have unlock and are working towards it and asking for donations..... the only proven developers are the 1 i mentioned, others just want the clame to fame

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
well i managed to get an at&t sim card, and guess what.
I tried to activate my phone with itunes with the at&t sim card in it, and it still didn't help.
So everything has been tried, i officially have a hunk of metal that is permanently useless.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
dj what happen when u put sim in it, what it say..any error u got???

it should work as laudrims said above...it works for him..how come it did not work for you...
r u doing right steps to go into it...???

plz explain what u did...?

Also i did not see any Post response from Loadrims he said he will post step by step process for 2G with AT&T SIM How to get into the Iphone....

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
dj what happen when u put sim in it, what it say..any error u got???

it should work as laudrims said above...it works for him..how come it did not work for you...
r u doing right steps to go into it...???

plz explain what u did...?

Also i did not see any Post response from Loadrims he said he will post step by step process for 2G with AT&T SIM How to get into the Iphone....

hey sry for the such late response...but yea all i did was pop the non active att sim card in and the cord/ emergency call screen came up for a few seconds then i was syncing to itunes and i restored the phone then i clicked the blackra1n icon on my desktop and 'make it ra1n' and voila, the geohot screen came up and after my 2g rebooted, i had the blackra1n app on the phone. i connected to my wifi at home and i DLed Cydia and Rock with no problem

as u can see i didnt do anything special with the phone, just popped in the non active sim and i was able to restore...after the restore, is when i had access to the apps

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks man here is their twitter account if you would want to know more news.. @geohot,@ chronic_dev, @musclenerd (moderator for the in fightings of the group lol), @iphone_dev.....
btw beware of people who tell you they have unlock and are working towards it and asking for donations..... the only proven developers are the 1 i mentioned, others just want the clame to fame

Geohot was part of Dev team but not anymore he split. I asked the Dev team guy and he (GeoHot) went to work for apple for 6 figures a while ago but then gave away some secrets on unlocking to some guy in Tennessee and that guy gave him a brand new 350Z and a couple of Iphones (google it you'll see) and then Apple got rid of him for that. that's what the Dev team guy told me. and I know about those guys on Twitter they are the most noted, but remember there are around 5,000 members networking for dev team all assigned in groups on different parts of hacking/unlocking (trying to get through injectors or holes in the software) to work on specific parts all over the world and they communicate via email, etc. once I know I will post it also if anyone wants to use MMS picture messaging, etc. I know an easy way he told to how to activate it because he has TMobile and showed me and I am sure it can be done on a jailbroken AT&T phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73