3G Baseband 5.11.07 on bootloader 5.09 Help downgrade if possible?

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i cant go into my Iphone i am at screen with USB and Itunes.....i think u mean in Iphone if i can log into...am right...???

But i cant go further from this screen....?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey props for the reply is there anyway you have a link or that I could ask your friends to PM on how they did it? I have been stuck since last month on this **** I'd appreciate thanks :D

I already planned to ask for more info from my friends and post it up. In Canada it's Thanksgiving so when I see them tomorrow I will ask and post up whatever info they give me.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
fuzzyband is only to install on the Iphone and it will by running tell that which band u have...but in my case what should i do...i am at screen with USB and Itunes..

.Itunes saying plz activate your account with AT&T...i donot wanna acivate with AT&T reason i am with Rogers in Toronto., Canada

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i cant go into my Iphone i am at screen with USB and Itunes.....i think u mean in Iphone if i can log into...am right...???

But i cant go further from this screen....?

It sounds like your phone is either in DFU mode or passcode lock. Do you have your SIM in the phone? was your phone unlocked previously?

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes it was unlocked i did it, with quickpwn,w/version 2.2.1 on it.

seems to me too its in may be in DFU mode...but i cant go further from this point what should i do from here...i cant go to my programs screen?

there is no passcode on my phone...

yes , Rogers sim is in it.

Last edited:

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
This is the same problem i'm having.
I bought my iphone unlocked, it's a 2G, and it was running on the 3.0 firmware when i got it.
I was on itunes, and a box came up and i just hit okay, wasn't really paying attention, and it updated my iphone to 3.1.2 software, and now i hear that it updates your baseband so you cannot unlock it.
I tried downloading blackra1n, and i did it successfully but the problem is i cannot open up the programs screen, i'm stuck on the lock page, with an itunes symbol and a charger, and it's in emergency mode, the most i can do is make an emergency call.
I still have service, i can acctually call people via the emergency call, and i still recieve text messages and get notified when i recieve a new voicemail.
Is there a way to jailbrake the phone, downgrade baseband and firmware, without having to open up to the phone programs at all? Or is a program being worked on at the moment?

AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT BOOTLOADER OR BASEBAND IS ON IT FOR SURE, BECAUSE I CANNOT OPEN UP THE PROGRAMS. BUT FROM WHAT I'VE READ, 3.1.2 DOES UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND NOW.

Last edited:

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think u and me on the same Boat..stick to this thread ..untill we find solution..i will keep checking this thread...

i did not try Blackra1n reason i dont know my 2G iphone has which Baseband,

then i will try Blackra1n...to use it on Iphone...

seems to me on my Iphone Itunes restore it and remove all program on my phone and i cant go further reason there is no programs on my i iphone...
so it stop at USB & Itunes picture screen....!!!!!!

any help???

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried it anyways cause it got reccomended to me.
I tried it, went smoothly, and accordingly.
But didn't change anything, i couldn't open up my phone from emergency mode.
Says I need a valid at&t sim.
And yes, all programs and files, have been removed from your iphone i believe, because i know i lost all my pictures. Could manage to pull that up when i plugged in the phone.

Is your iphone in the emergency call mode? or can you not even do that?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
dammmmmmmmmittttt!!! im in the same boat as u guys!! wtf!!!!!!!!

Yeah me too that's why I made this thread because now all I have is now an Itouch/paperweight instead of a Iphone :( there's gotta be a way hopefully soon someone will come out with something there are so many people ****ed now because of their baseband update whether they did it intentionally or not or bought a phone already that way I hope soon someone comes out with something soon :D

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It seems the 2G and 3G can now be downgraded, but there's no information that you can do that with the 3GS as of now.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have 2G , i am at Screen with USB & Itunes Cd Picture , Thats it i cant Go further,

I think restoring it Through ITunes 9 , wipe out every thing from My Phone, now at

this stage, i just Want to Know is my Iphone's Baseband updated or not ,? Is there

any way to find out this about baseband...in this stage...of Phone...?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
It seems the 2G and 3G can now be downgraded, but there's no information that you can do that with the 3GS as of now.

How since when? do you mean depending on the bootloader? if it's 5.08 or less? My bootloader is 5.09 on a 3G Iphone and I am screwed as of now...is there something new? I wish fuzzyband or something would be upgraded to work with newer bootloaders. let me know if you heard anything :D

Last edited:

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok i got one thing, i had the same problem with the USB Sign says you must connect to itunes, So i put my freinds old SIM card thats not in service and i put his SIM card pin number and it works so after you see your signal bar at the top left corner, then you restore or re plug it in, or you can either ask your freind for an activated simcard that is in service and just put his in till you get to the home menu and take his sim card out, and after that is finish DO NOT restore your iPhone or Upgrade itunes then it'll ask for your SIM card.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have 2G , i am at Screen with USB & Itunes Cd Picture , Thats it i cant Go further,

I think restoring it Through ITunes 9 , wipe out every thing from My Phone, now at

this stage, i just Want to Know is my Iphone's Baseband updated or not ,? Is there

any way to find out this about baseband...in this stage...of Phone...?

OK I had the same thing the last time I JB and took my SIM out and connected the phone to Itunes. Once I put my SIM in the phone re-activated but my phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is a Fido SIM. So I think the best way to go about it is to go on ebay and buy an AT&T SIM. I'm sure there are lots for sale, the SIM doesn't have to be activated with a number I think the phone just needs the SIM. Once you are into the phone Jailbreak it, you don't need to be activated to JB I've done it without my SIM in the phone. Once you are JBen get fuzzyband or whatever it's called to downgrade your baseband and then unlock the phone. Once it's unlocked pop your SIM back in and you would be done. I still haven't talked to my friends yet, once I do I will post the info.

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think Ipheuria has valid Point i might need AT&T Sim!!!!!!!!may be inside the iPhone to by pass the At&T activation stage in iTunes ...and then update the iphone process and complete the Jailbreaking process with Jb software.

Question..which one software for Jail Breaking i should try?

Last edited:

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
OK I had the same thing the last time I JB and took my SIM out and connected the phone to Itunes. Once I put my SIM in the phone re-activated but my phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is a Fido SIM. So I think the best way to go about it is to go on ebay and buy an AT&T SIM. I'm sure there are lots for sale, the SIM doesn't have to be activated with a number I think the phone just needs the SIM. Once you are into the phone Jailbreak it, you don't need to be activated to JB I've done it without my SIM in the phone. Once you are JBen get fuzzyband or whatever it's called to downgrade your baseband and then unlock the phone. Once it's unlocked pop your SIM back in and you would be done. I still haven't talked to my friends yet, once I do I will post the info.

Thanks Homey

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL I'm not fully sure because my phone is locked to Fido and I have a Fido SIM. However it is worth a try. Gogia where in Canada are you located? I work in downtown Toronto so if you're close by you can meet me and I can see what I can do with your phone.

Question for anyone in the forums, if Gogia's phone is in DFU mode can I just hook it to my Mac and start iTunes and restore from my 3.1 JB ipsw/ispw??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen