loudrims_inc if you're not using your 2G PM me I'd love to buy it and try to unlock it/ downgrade the baseband if it is possible.
    10-13-2009 06:39 PM
    loudrims_inc if you're not using your 2G PM me I'd love to buy it and try to unlock it/ downgrade the baseband if it is possible.
    ok i posted it up on ebay yesterday, here is the link:
    Apple iPhone (AT&T) - eBay (item 280409181792 end time Oct-19-09 13:38:15 PDT)
    10-13-2009 07:06 PM
    Just out of curiousity does anyone know what bootloader their 3G is using?

found this info and thought I'd put it in here since it's sort of pertaining to the topic.

From the dev-team:
    Youve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and youll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). Its important that people realize that *most* firmware releases arent like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w.

There are BootNeuter settings in pwnage tool, I've never needed to use them since I have a 3G and don't have the baseband problem but thought this info might be useful to some people.
    I have 5.09 bootloader any word from your friends how to downgrade on a 3G with 5.11.07 baseband?
    10-13-2009 10:36 PM
    Okay I see that this says, this warning doesn't apply to the iphone 2g.
    I have the iphone 2g, and updated from 3.0 to 3.1.2 via itunes.
    It completely bricked my phone, i cannot open it to the programs menu until i activate it with an at&t sim card in it, on itunes.
    I don't know what it was unlocked with or jailbroken with, but the phone did have cydia and winterboard on it.
    But this bootneuter thing on pwnage tool, does that allow me to downgrade my baseband, and OS?
    try fuzzyband on cydia and if your bootloader is 5.08 or lower you can downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 to use with ultrasnow to unlock it's much easier and safer
    10-13-2009 10:42 PM
    try fuzzyband on cydia and if your bootloader is 5.08 or lower you can downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 to use with ultrasnow to unlock it's much easier and safer
    I CANNOT USE CYDIA.
    My Iphone cannot be opened to the menu, to get to cydia.
    I can only unlock it to the emergency call screen.
    10-14-2009 12:46 AM
    This is why I don't mess around with jailbreaking/etc. Hate to break it to you man, but once you've screwed with the baseband, you've screwed your phone over completely
    10-14-2009 12:48 AM
    This is why I don't mess around with jailbreaking/etc. Hate to break it to you man, but once you've screwed with the baseband, you've screwed your phone over completely
    not if you have 2g they say but nobody knows how to fix it yet
    10-14-2009 11:31 AM
    apparently I talked to a guy from craigslist and he said it can be done (downgrading the baseband) and he said it can be done on a Mac. He said it's a trial and error process and could take 1-2 hours to do it. I asked him if he wanted to do it for money and he said he isn't doing Unlocks anymore and it wasn't worth it to him and he said hackers/people aren't sharing their secrets but it can be done I don't know if he was bull****ting me, but if anyone on this forum wants to try to get the info out of him here's his listing, but you didn't get it from me he sounded kind of pissed when I talked to him

Can Unlock any iphone EVEN ON 3.1
    10-14-2009 11:46 AM
    ok i posted it up on ebay yesterday, here is the link:
    Apple iPhone (AT&T) - eBay (item 280409181792 end time Oct-19-09 13:38:15 PDT)
    Thanks for the link I'll check it out hopefully it's not sold already.

OK here's the deal
    djsambroak PM me I need some screenshots of your phone and info from you because you may be in DFU mode and it should be possible to fix you up can't tell yet.

OK if you have bootloader 5.08 as DrJB said your baseband can be downgraded. If you have bootloader 5.09 then you have to sit tight and wait for the dev-team or geohotz to come up with something. If you do have 5.08 then as far as I know, I can't verify cause I don't need to do it and I haven't heard from anyone who has done it. You have to get fuzzyband in Cydia and run it, it will determind your bootloader and then it should know to downgrade your baseband to pre 3.1
    10-14-2009 01:55 PM

My problem^

Uploaded this video so people see exactly what is wrong with my iphone.
    Last edited by djsambroak; 10-14-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    10-14-2009 04:41 PM
    I just saw another thread about using iphoneunlockuk.com does anyone believe this or know if it really works? I heard about Jody Sanders B4 the Dev Team is pissed at her for supposedly stealing something or whatever, but anyways anyone know about this unlock software?
    10-15-2009 12:37 AM
    Apparently here's a Screenshot of the Software I wonder if it really works?

10-15-2009 02:56 AM
    I answered in the other thread, they can't downgrade the baseband.
    10-15-2009 09:08 AM
    Hi djsambroak ...i think you are right to run Boot Neuter you have install a Boot neuter application on Iphone to run that...

...but you stuck on screen with iTunes & USB Picture...

Cant Go further from this screen...right now ...i am exactly in the same situation...

Is that in Itunes says Connect to AT&T to activate Your Iphone..here is Few Pictures from my Iphone 2G 16Gb...let me upload my iphone pictures and let me know...
    10-15-2009 04:10 PM
    Yeah you're at the same exact spot im at.
    But when I plug my iphone in, itunes doesn't show that picture for activating my phone.
    It just says I need to insert a valid at&t sim, and if i put in my t mobile sim it says it needs a valid at&t sim, and that mine isn't supported.
    10-15-2009 05:35 PM
    has anyone ever tried this?
    double u,double u, double u.blogsdna.com/3911/how-to-downgrade-iphone-3gs-31-to-30-os.htm
    10-15-2009 06:31 PM
    In my case my 2g iphone does not say your sim is not supported , it recognize my

sim & service Provider which is Rogers..in Toronto.It shows name on the corner...

i can make calls and receive calls with Emergency call dial pad...it shows all incoming calls number also even it some time says You have text message ..too and voice mail indication too ...seems to me my iphone is still alive and its not locked to that level like baseband locked situation...

it also tells me my IMEI number and ICCID # too..on USB & iTunes screen by hitting info: little icon...

what u think...?
    10-15-2009 09:00 PM
    that's the exact same thing with my phone.
    i can make calls, i see my service provider.
    just can't get to my programs.
    10-15-2009 09:06 PM
    i send e-mail to iphoneunlockuk.com ..they reply with an hour they said in your case its very Easy... my Post # 23 i copy them...my phone pictures...they said yea Easily...thats it..i did not reply to them...just want to know their opinion....
    10-15-2009 09:10 PM
    i was able to JB my iphone 2G 3.1.2 with a non-active att sim card
    10-16-2009 01:24 AM
    how man? tell us.... Thanks
    10-16-2009 01:59 AM
    how man? tell us.... Thanks
    i did it the same exact way as all the other JB's except, i used wi-fi to DL Cydia and Rock via blackra1n...i had no issues, im actually doing it again as i type, to be sure i am not on crack lol...brb
    10-16-2009 02:47 AM
    ok thanks my bad I thought you unlocked it on 3.1
    10-16-2009 02:52 AM
    guys try downgrading your iphones with firmware 3.0 in itunes and then run quickpwn 2.2 to activate your phone and then redsn0w to jailbreak your phones
    10-16-2009 05:01 AM
    see that's what I thought was possible and I suggested it as a possibility way back to 2G owners. So I'm waiting to hear how you did it.
    10-16-2009 08:18 AM
164 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD