3G Baseband 5.11.07 on bootloader 5.09 Help downgrade if possible?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Well stupid me somehow downloaded the newest firmware on itunes and now my Iphone 3G is a nice paper weight and I have looked everywhere and even tried fuzzyband from Cydia, but unfortunately I have 5.09 bootloader and fuzzyband only works with 5.08 bootloader or less. IS THERE ANYWAY TO HACK OR CHANGE THE BASEBAND BACK TO 4.26.08 with my Iphone 3G? I am just looking at the Iphone now as a Mp3 player or paper weight :( if someone knows a way please help me or some advice thanks in advance please comment :D

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I mean I don't think there is currently a way to unlock ( or downgrade ) your baseband leaving you with an iPhone without the Phone part.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I have looked everywhere on how to do it, but losing the phone part is not a good look you know what I mean? There's got to be a way to hack it or something otherwise it's still just a paper weight :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You're still out of luck. There's no guarantee there will ever be an unlock for that baseband. You'll have to give the jailbreak groups a while longer.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
OK thanks for your response I heard some hackers are working on it and something may come by sunday, so I'll wait and see hopefully

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
GeoHot it working on a jailbreak, but not an unlock. iH8Snow is working on Sn0wbreeze which should be the same as the Pwnage Tool that the Mac has. This will create a custom firmware file, to avoid upgrading the firmware, to keep unlocking possible. Sn0wbreeze is scheduled to be released on Monday ( 10/12 ). I've not read about any unlocking as of yet. You may have to wait for the ChronicDevTeam to finish up greenp0ison but I'm not sure it is supporting unlocking at this point either. Sorry I don't have better news.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've heard a few of my friends talking about a process to downgrade the modem baseband. I don't know all the details but I know my friends are hardcore modmyi peeps so check Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com but be aware that the process also has a possibility of bricking your phone.

PS
blackra1n is only to JB, they have a warning not to upgrade to 3.1.2 if you care about unlocking.

Last edited:

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
As everyone else has stated, you've lost your unlock and there is no way to get it back at all now. Lesson learned about updating your FW through iTunes. :)

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I've heard a few of my friends talking about a process to downgrade the modem baseband. I don't know all the details but I know my friends are hardcore modmyi peeps so check Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com but be aware that the process also has a possibility of bricking your phone.

PS
blackra1n is only to JB, they have a warning not to upgrade to 3.1.2 if you care about unlocking.

Hey props for the reply is there anyway you have a link or that I could ask your friends to PM on how they did it? I have been stuck since last month on this **** I'd appreciate thanks :D

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
How do i know that my iphone has updated to new baseband is there a way or application or any sign which shows that my iphone has updated to new baseband.

i accidentally hit restore button in itunes and my iphone has now USB & iTune sign only. and saying in itune 9 that actiivate your account with At&T, ????

I have 2G iPhone.

Any Help will be appreciated.??stuck now on this screen....