So I have an iPhone 3G S running firmware 3.0.1 already jailbroken.
    I am attempting to jailbreak my iPhone now.

So I am sposed to upgrade to 3.1 first then start the jailbreak?
    Sort of confused @ this part I don't wanna **** up LOL
    10-06-2009 12:21 AM
    10-06-2009 12:31 AM
    Naw i don't wanna unlock it LOL i just wanna jailbreak it.
    I'm sposed to b on 3.1 in order to start the jailbreak correct?
    10-06-2009 12:32 AM
    So I have an iPhone 3G S running firmware 3.0.1 already jailbroken.
    I am attempting to jailbreak my iPhone now.

So I am sposed to upgrade to 3.1 first then start the jailbreak?
    Sort of confused @ this part I don't wanna **** up LOL
    I am sorta confused. You have a jailbroken iphone...right?
    But, you are attempting to jailbreak your iphone?

If it's already JB, what are you trying to do?

I can say one thing. Do not upgrade to 3.1!
    10-06-2009 01:34 AM
    DO NOT upgrade to 3.1. Use quickpwn to create a CUSTOM 3.1 firmware and use that one to upgrade.
    10-06-2009 02:41 AM
    I am sorta confused. You have a jailbroken iphone...right?
    But, you are attempting to jailbreak your iphone?

If it's already JB, what are you trying to do?

I can say one thing. Do not upgrade to 3.1!
    Well I messed up LOL... I followed the directions on this vid made by Ty Moss.

He is a very great iPhone Fanatic but idk wat happened.
    So I waz in the middle of jailbreaking then it waz finally restoring to the jailbreak file that I had downloaded from his video info. Then it just froze my phone and I had to restore it to factory status. Now I'm on firmware 3.1 and I'm not jailbroken anymore. Now I guess I will have to wait for redsn0w. =(
    10-06-2009 02:42 AM
    DO NOT upgrade to 3.1. Use quickpwn to create a CUSTOM 3.1 firmware and use that one to upgrade.
    And Wat???
    So I can no longer jailbreak since i have just upgraded it?
    I'm on windows vista btw, and my iPhone waz jailbroken b4 running firmware 3.0.1.
    10-06-2009 02:44 AM
    If you don't have to unlock, you can ( probably ) downgrade to 3.0.1 again, but you'll have to google the how to on that one.

There are a few groups working on a jailbreak for 3.1 clean jailbreaks ( not sure about unlocks ), so maybe sit tight for a few days before you attempt anything drastic.
    10-06-2009 02:50 AM
    If you don't have to unlock, you can ( probably ) downgrade to 3.0.1 again, but you'll have to google the how to on that one.

There are a few groups working on a jailbreak for 3.1 clean jailbreaks ( not sure about unlocks ), so maybe sit tight for a few days before you attempt anything drastic.
    Yeah dood if u watch the vid that i posted it seems like it would work cuz i mean Ty Moss is probably the best iPhone fanatic LOL.
    I guess my phone suux for now since i don't have jailbroken apps n such.
    OMG i cant stand my iPhone w/o a theme LOL feels sooo weird. On top of that no categories. Geeze i have 105 apps installed thats like 7 inna half pages. Horrid. haha well thanx big9erfan
    10-06-2009 03:43 AM
    Yeah dood if u watch the vid that i posted it seems like it would work cuz i mean Ty Moss is probably the best iPhone fanatic LOL.
    I guess my phone suux for now since i don't have jailbroken apps n such.
    OMG i cant stand my iPhone w/o a theme LOL feels sooo weird. On top of that no categories. Geeze i have 105 apps installed thats like 7 inna half pages. Horrid. haha well thanx big9erfan
    So i hope that the new redsn0w comes out soon or even for the iPhone hacker to make the jailbreak compatible /w all the iPhones and iPod touches. I hear within 2 days. Hope its sooner than later
    10-06-2009 04:21 PM
    GeoHot is pretty good with his word. I still expect his 2 day time frame. It's better than greenp0ison saying weeks.

Sn0wbreeze should be out next Monday, and then we have the MuscleNerd working on a Windows port. It's coming.
    10-06-2009 04:25 PM
    Well I messed up LOL... I followed the directions on this vid made by Ty Moss.

He is a very great iPhone Fanatic but idk wat happened.
    So I waz in the middle of jailbreaking then it waz finally restoring to the jailbreak file that I had downloaded from his video info. Then it just froze my phone and I had to restore it to factory status. Now I'm on firmware 3.1 and I'm not jailbroken anymore. Now I guess I will have to wait for redsn0w. =(
    I'm 3.1 JB and I don't have themes or Wallpapers on my homescreen so I feel your pain
    10-06-2009 04:35 PM
    GeoHot is pretty good with his word. I still expect his 2 day time frame. It's better than greenp0ison saying weeks.

Sn0wbreeze should be out next Monday, and then we have the MuscleNerd working on a Windows port. It's coming.
    oic well i can't wait for geohot LOL... wait to make this clear i updated to 3.1 yesterday in order to jailbreak it. I can still jailbreak correct? cuz yesterday i failed to jailbreak cuz sumthing went wrong now i had to restore to factory status and i'm running 3.1 firmware.
    10-06-2009 05:31 PM
    If you updated to 3.1 version then obviously you failed at jailbreaking :P as if you heard that apple made the 3.1 version to block jailbreakers and stuff like that. So wait till the 3rd party's or whatever their called to make the newer version to jailbreak/ unlock the 3.1 Version.
    10-06-2009 07:36 PM
    i think i can still JB it tho. i'm on 3.1 with an iPhone 3G S
    10-07-2009 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD