Unlock & Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If the Lvcifer is correct, then you were incorrect in holding the buttons down until the iPhone was in recovery mode.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that's what you're doing wrong. You're putting the phone into DFU mode.

14. You can follow these instructions*to put your iPhone 3GS in recovery mode:

Disconnect your iPhone 3GS from your computer.
Turn off your iPhone 3GS.
Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the iPhone 3GS to your computer via USB port, the device should then power on.*
Continue holding the Home button while your iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you don't mind my asking -

1) is there any way I would be able to, uh, have you PM me with some sort of way where you could help me out by getting hold of the custom Pwned-built firmware? I'm weary about downloaing it from sources I don't know/trust.

2) After testing it, have you noticed anything about this firmware that is defective? For example, like losing cell service or losing your carrier logo?

I look forward to hearing from you. I'm really curious to see what your experience has been like.

P.S.- It sucks not having a Mac. *grumbling*

Sgaar

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a location to upload the file so if you have I can drop it. As for the second one; yes I have noticed that. The ATT logo thingy on top of the screen is gone. It just shows me the signal strength and 3G or E depending. That is on a 3GS jailbroken to 3.1.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
SO, I would need to downgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak to see if my ECID is on file and if it is, then I can JB to 3.1?

erftina

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G bought as 3.0.1
used 3.0 firmware to Jailbreak and Unlock
Worked fine on TMobile but then I upgraded to 3.1.

My iPhone turned into an iTouch.

Then, I tried to downgrade it to 3.0 and now when I turn on the phone (with Tmobile SIM) it shows the 'connect-to-iTunes' screen, meaning I cannot use it even as an iTouch or check which version I now have.

Can I still use PwnageTool 3.1.3 to get my phone in working status?
What steps should I take?

Thank you so much for your help!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Erftina, sorry to bear the bad news but if you upgraded to 3.1 through iTunes, then no. You won't be able to unlock again. Maybe forever.

Tothemobile - go into Cydia an try to download the "new AT&T logo carrier" package. It MAY fix your issue. Then again it may not. Try it and get back to us.

Tothemobile

Banned
Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Erftina, sorry to bear the bad news but if you upgraded to 3.1 through iTunes, then no. You won't be able to unlock again. Maybe forever.

Tothemobile - go into Cydia an try to download the "new AT&T logo carrier" package. It MAY fix your issue. Then again it may not. Try it and get back to us.

Didn,t work for me