Stuck at "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." redsn0w iPhone 2g

shax3nnon

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I recently updated my iPhone 2g and it undid the unlock on the phone. For the past 3 days I have tried to unlock it and everything works up to the point when the screen says "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." After a while it shuts down and goes to the apple screen. It turns back on and it comes up with the emergency call screen AGAIN. I am using Windows Vista. I frustrated upon belief and I NEED HELP! I have done the following:

Created a new administrator
Uninstalled Itunes 9 and installed Itunes 8.2
Have identified IPSW firmware and bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6
Downloaded redsn0w 0.8
Selected install Cydia, Icy, and Unlock
Followed redsn0w instructions, program says it is finished
Phone's screen stuck on "Downloading Jailbreak Data..."
Turns onto Apple logo
Turns back on, still locked

PLEASE help. Sorry this was a bit lengthy.

Last edited:

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I recently updated my iPhone 2g and it undid the unlock on the phone. For the past 3 days I have tried to unlock it and everything works up to the point when the screen says "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." After a while it shuts down and goes to the apple screen. It turns back on and it comes up with the emergency call screen AGAIN. I am using Windows Vista. I frustrated upon belief and I NEED HELP! I have done the following:

Created a new administrator
Uninstalled Itunes 9 and installed Itunes 8.2
Have identified IPSW firmware and bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6
Downloaded redsn0w 0.8
Selected install Cydia, Icy, and Unlock
Followed redsn0w instructions, program says it is finished
Phone's screen stuck on "Downloading Jailbreak Data..."
Turns onto Apple logo
Turns back on, still locked

PLEASE help. Sorry this was a bit lengthy.

FIRST you have to have 3.0 or 3.0.1 to jailbreak it... What do you have? Im guessing 3.1 since you said you updated and lost your jailbreak...

I just did this for a guy last night. WORKED PERFECT 1st time. His phone was on 3.0 FW. I have itunes 9.0 on windows vista.
Try not installing ICY first thing. 2nd? What SIM do you have in the phone while you are trying to do this?

3.1 is a problem for everybody and IO dont understand why you people keep updating when every where says not too...

shax3nnon

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Tried not using Icy, same thing happened. I had 3.1. When I attempt I have no SIM in it. Should I? I'll try with my T-Mobile SIM and post back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2