Is There An App To Fake Out GPS Location?

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
I'm on the hunt for an app that will allow me to fake out my GPS location.

The reason I want to do this is because of the black-out restrictions in the MLB app. I want to watch baseball games at work dang it!, but they're blacked out since the app looks at the GPS and sees that I'm in the blackout zone.

Any help would be appreciated.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
this is not possible unless you are jailbroken and I do not believe it exists there either.

on the standard build no app can run in the background, which is what would be required for this to work

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
I'm jailbroken. Well aware that would be required.

I do think it's possible. If you think about the way 3G Restrictor works by faking out apps to think you're on wifi. Then I would think you could fake out apps that look up your location.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
And you could probably use backgrounder so that the app could run in the background while watching the baseball game.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Or an even simpler solution would be just to turn off location services in SBsettings? Not 100% sure it will work but if it does that would be the easiest solution by far.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Switching off Location Services in SBSettings disables the GPS completely -- so, any application that relies on the GPS for location-based anything will just error out and tell you that it has no idea where you are.

With Fake Location (what I use), it basically mirrors Google Maps, and you can place a pin on a map exactly where you want your phone to think you are.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Switching off Location Services in SBSettings disables the GPS completely -- so, any application that relies on the GPS for location-based anything will just error out and tell you that it has no idea where you are.

With Fake Location (what I use), it basically mirrors Google Maps, and you can place a pin on a map exactly where you want your phone to think you are.

I understand the difference, but I do not think the MLB app "relies" on the GPS, it simply checks with it. Just offering a possible solution to the OP's question. Obviously there are times that Fake Location or other solutions are better, but if the SBsettings solution works that is a much faster toggle than using some other app since it is always just a swipe a tap away, instead of setting up a fake location.

KEVIN_WU

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you..

I can change my location on my own iPhone,
but, why my location cant not change in my friend's app (iPhone default app: Find Friends)?

did you face same problem?

my LocationFaker version: 1.2.9

thanks for your reply..

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you..

I can change my location on my own iPhone,
but, why my location cant not change in my friend's app (iPhone default app: Find Friends)?

did you face same problem?

my LocationFaker version: 1.2.9

thanks for your reply..

Legit copy?
Like you got it from big boss repo?
In cydia, it's blue?