so once youve unlocked your iphone, if something happens to it that is not your fault...is the warrenty voided since your no longer with at&t?

kinda scary if the battery dies or somethin

please help.
    09-12-2009 06:48 PM
    09-12-2009 07:13 PM
    thanks for that post but that really didnt answer my question. im not worried about unlocking it and that voiding the warrenty..im sayin if youve jailbroken and unlocked your iphone and you do not have an active contract with at&t will apple refuse to replace the device if the damage is not your fault?

i appreciate the help tho
    09-13-2009 03:20 PM
    Yes. If you change the firmware or hack a desktop software do you expect support on it? You play within their rules if you want their coverage
    09-13-2009 05:08 PM
    ok 1 more time this has nothing to do with unlocking or jailbreakin the device! i know i can restore the iphone and noone will everknow something was done.

im talking about just not having at&t as a carrier. thats so stupid that apple wouldnt replace it. its apples device.

so if your phone defaults your screwed and you have to spend 500.00 on a new phone. thats so lame.
    09-13-2009 08:54 PM
    ok 1 more time this has nothing to do with unlocking or jailbreakin the device! i know i can restore the iphone and noone will everknow something was done.

im talking about just not having at&t as a carrier. thats so stupid that apple wouldnt replace it. its apples device.

so if your phone defaults your screwed and you have to spend 500.00 on a new phone. thats so lame.
    Again, You play within their rules if you want their coverage. Unlocking is NOT playing by their rules. If you don't like the rules order an unlocked model from Europe for hundreds of dollars more.
    09-14-2009 09:49 AM
    ok seriously dude i know that.

there is not a need for your help any longer.

and if the phone is NOT UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUT ITS NOT WITH AT&T ANYMORE.

but regardless i think i got it that the answer would be no.

but seriously.
    all you have to do i read the posts a little more carefully to understand this. its not thats hard
    09-14-2009 11:47 AM
    There is a company that will offer insurance, I cant remember the name. I actually was thinking of getting it too, after having a dream my phone got messed up last night. Anyone?
    09-14-2009 01:17 PM
    I have a warranty with them. They've been very easy to deal with when setting up my warranty. I've heard their customer service when needing to use the warranty is great too, but I hope to not find out

Get affordable iPhone insurance from SquareTrade Warranty Services
    09-14-2009 01:25 PM
    There is a company that will offer insurance, I cant remember the name. I actually was thinking of getting it too, after having a dream my phone got messed up last night. Anyone?

really? man i wonder what the company is. its not through apple tho right?
    09-14-2009 01:43 PM
    I have a warranty with them. They've been very easy to deal with when setting up my warranty. I've heard their customer service when needing to use the warranty is great too, but I hope to not find out

Get affordable iPhone insurance from SquareTrade Warranty Services

how long have you had a warrenty through these guys? it almost seems to good to be true...but if it is true its totally awesome!
    09-14-2009 01:46 PM
    The title of your thread is

Leading us to believe your phone is unlocked.
    ok i guess i said that worng..but i explained what i meant 2 times before it was understood!!

09-14-2009 01:47 PM
    well i have a JB phone on 3.0.1. now i need to get my screen replace and its still under apples warranty. if i remove alll my theme stuf from my phone and just put the cydia app on one of my other pages do you think they would notice. i dont want to restore cause when i go back to add it all it will update me to 3.1 correct? i tried this on 3.0 and restored from back up but it still updated me to 3.0.1
    09-14-2009 02:27 PM
    State Farm offers insurance on the iPhone. all they require you to have is the proof of purchase and proof of vaule of the phone(yes this can be different since many ppl upgrade their plans to get the iphone and the discounted price). its around $30 bucks a year and no deductable. that is just a round about estimate, so dont take that for sure.
    09-14-2009 03:57 PM
    ok i guess i said that worng..but i explained what i meant 2 times before it was understood!!

Actually I didn't understand what you were asking, still a little fuzzy. So I don't think you needed to bold, increase font size and underline, to me it just made it seem rude since you didn't seem to explain properly.

So you're asking if you had the phone with AT&T and then you finished your contract and went somewhere else? Otherwise how would you have it in the US not on AT&T without it being unlocked? bought from Europe?

See how it is still a bit confusing?
    09-14-2009 04:18 PM
    I'm still confused....
    09-14-2009 06:33 PM
    Actually I didn't understand what you were asking, still a little fuzzy. So I don't think you needed to bold, increase font size and underline, to me it just made it seem rude since you didn't seem to explain properly.

So you're asking if you had the phone with AT&T and then you finished your contract and went somewhere else? Otherwise how would you have it in the US not on AT&T without it being unlocked? bought from Europe?

See how it is still a bit confusing?

sorry if you took it that way. i really didnt mean that. however the person that was responding to me was being a little rude from the beginning which is why i put that in bold/underlined. but anyways..im not trying to make this a personal issue. i appreciate everyone here for helpin eachother out so much

im sorry if im confusing everyone. im suckin right now...well this is my plan..

go to at&t, get an iphone for 200 + tax, cancel before 30 days (which saves me over $350.00 with no charge ), and finally..get a plan with t-moble and bid At&t fairwell.

so according to apple i would either have an iphone through at&t, or with no plan at all. my question was basically if say for instance the battery is bad (not my fault) and they see i dont have at&t anymore...will they say "sure its our product..well replace it", or say "sorry buddy you dont have at&t anymore"

so i guess my question was is the insurance warenty through at&t or apple?

i apoligize for making this so confusing
    09-14-2009 08:51 PM
    State Farm offers insurance on the iPhone. all they require you to have is the proof of purchase and proof of vaule of the phone(yes this can be different since many ppl upgrade their plans to get the iphone and the discounted price). its around $30 bucks a year and no deductable. that is just a round about estimate, so dont take that for sure.
    seriously? that just made my day! im gonna check that out!

thanks!!
    09-14-2009 08:52 PM
    Usually if you return the phone within the 30 days if you look at the contract they will charge you the outright price of the phone if you dont give it back. So lets say you keep the phone expect a bill for the extra 350 on top of what you paid for it orginally.
    09-14-2009 09:21 PM
    Usually if you return the phone within the 30 days if you look at the contract they will charge you the outright price of the phone if you dont give it back. So lets say you keep the phone expect a bill for the extra 350 on top of what you paid for it orginally.
    are you serious?!!!????

omg dude that sucks. so basically what your saying is there is no way to get the iphone without spending at least 500.00..

thats so stupid. are you sure about this???!!!!!????
    09-14-2009 09:37 PM
    sorry if you took it that way. i really didnt mean that. however the person that was responding to me was being a little rude from the beginning which is why i put that in bold/underlined. but anyways..im not trying to make this a personal issue. i appreciate everyone here for helpin eachother out so much

im sorry if im confusing everyone. im suckin right now...well this is my plan..

go to at&t, get an iphone for 200 + tax, cancel before 30 days (which saves me over $350.00 with no charge ), and finally..get a plan with t-moble and bid At&t fairwell.

so according to apple i would either have an iphone through at&t, or with no plan at all. my question was basically if say for instance the battery is bad (not my fault) and they see i dont have at&t anymore...will they say "sure its our product..well replace it", or say "sorry buddy you dont have at&t anymore"

so i guess my question was is the insurance warenty through at&t or apple?

i apoligize for making this so confusing
    see I thought this was what you meant but I had to read it a couple times before I figured it out

"So you're asking if you had the phone with AT&T and then you finished your contract and went somewhere else?"

OK got a couple of answers for you, yes I beleive the person is right, if you chose not to stay with AT&T you have to pay the rest of the price of the phone. It's the same here in Canada. You should check though, here in Canada if you get the phone with Rogers with a 2 Year Plan and then you choose to leave Rogers you pay money not as much as the total cost of the phone but pretty close, you might get $100 off. I would say the cheapest way to the phone is to buy it through a personal sale like ebay, etc. The Apple honoring the waranty, I don't know how it is in the US because it seems to be alot more strict there but here when I had dust in the screen of my phone. I made an appointment at the Apple store and took it in, they checked the Serial number to make sure the phone was still under warranty. The didn't check anything to do with my carrier account or anything.
    09-14-2009 09:57 PM
    You will pay more if you cancel, I believe the early termination fee on the 16gb is at least $200 (and that's with a corporate discount)

to move to tmobile you would have to unlock the phone and void the warranty as AT&T does not unlock the iPhone. That's the only way to get away from AT&T from
    this time.

And yes, Apple will refuse to replace bad hardware if you void the warranty. When they don't people are lucky.

My first iPhone cost $600.
    09-14-2009 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD