insuance/warrenty on an unlocked iphone?

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
so once youve unlocked your iphone, if something happens to it that is not your fault...is the warrenty voided since your no longer with at&t?

kinda scary if the battery dies or somethin:(

please help.:)

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks for that post but that really didnt answer my question. im not worried about unlocking it and that voiding the warrenty..im sayin if youve jailbroken and unlocked your iphone and you do not have an active contract with at&t will apple refuse to replace the device if the damage is not your fault?

i appreciate the help tho:)

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. If you change the firmware or hack a desktop software do you expect support on it? You play within their rules if you want their coverage

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
ok 1 more time this has nothing to do with unlocking or jailbreakin the device! i know i can restore the iphone and noone will everknow something was done.

im talking about just not having at&t as a carrier. thats so stupid that apple wouldnt replace it. its apples device.

so if your phone defaults your screwed and you have to spend 500.00 on a new phone. thats so lame.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ok 1 more time this has nothing to do with unlocking or jailbreakin the device! i know i can restore the iphone and noone will everknow something was done.

im talking about just not having at&t as a carrier. thats so stupid that apple wouldnt replace it. its apples device.

so if your phone defaults your screwed and you have to spend 500.00 on a new phone. thats so lame.

Again, You play within their rules if you want their coverage. Unlocking is NOT playing by their rules. If you don't like the rules order an unlocked model from Europe for hundreds of dollars more.

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
ok seriously dude i know that.

there is not a need for your help any longer.

and if the phone is NOT UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT ITS NOT WITH AT&T ANYMORE.

but regardless i think i got it that the answer would be no.

but seriously.
all you have to do i read the posts a little more carefully to understand this. its not thats hard

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
There is a company that will offer insurance, I cant remember the name. I actually was thinking of getting it too, after having a dream my phone got messed up last night. Anyone?

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site

boostd

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
well i have a JB phone on 3.0.1. now i need to get my screen replace and its still under apples warranty. if i remove alll my theme stuf from my phone and just put the cydia app on one of my other pages do you think they would notice. i dont want to restore cause when i go back to add it all it will update me to 3.1 correct? i tried this on 3.0 and restored from back up but it still updated me to 3.0.1

CScott@ATT

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
State Farm offers insurance on the iPhone. all they require you to have is the proof of purchase and proof of vaule of the phone(yes this can be different since many ppl upgrade their plans to get the iphone and the discounted price). its around $30 bucks a year and no deductable. that is just a round about estimate, so dont take that for sure.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ok i guess i said that worng..but i explained what i meant 2 times before it was understood!!

;)

Actually I didn't understand what you were asking, still a little fuzzy. So I don't think you needed to bold, increase font size and underline, to me it just made it seem rude since you didn't seem to explain properly.

So you're asking if you had the phone with AT&T and then you finished your contract and went somewhere else? Otherwise how would you have it in the US not on AT&T without it being unlocked? bought from Europe?

See how it is still a bit confusing?

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually I didn't understand what you were asking, still a little fuzzy. So I don't think you needed to bold, increase font size and underline, to me it just made it seem rude since you didn't seem to explain properly.

So you're asking if you had the phone with AT&T and then you finished your contract and went somewhere else? Otherwise how would you have it in the US not on AT&T without it being unlocked? bought from Europe?

See how it is still a bit confusing?

sorry if you took it that way. i really didnt mean that. however the person that was responding to me was being a little rude from the beginning which is why i put that in bold/underlined. but anyways..im not trying to make this a personal issue. i appreciate everyone here for helpin eachother out so much:)

im sorry if im confusing everyone. im suckin right now...well this is my plan..

go to at&t, get an iphone for 200 + tax, cancel before 30 days (which saves me over $350.00 with no charge ;)), and finally..get a plan with t-moble and bid At&t fairwell.

so according to apple i would either have an iphone through at&t, or with no plan at all. my question was basically if say for instance the battery is bad (not my fault) and they see i dont have at&t anymore...will they say "sure its our product..well replace it", or say "sorry buddy you dont have at&t anymore"

so i guess my question was is the insurance warenty through at&t or apple?

i apoligize for making this so confusing:(

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
State Farm offers insurance on the iPhone. all they require you to have is the proof of purchase and proof of vaule of the phone(yes this can be different since many ppl upgrade their plans to get the iphone and the discounted price). its around $30 bucks a year and no deductable. that is just a round about estimate, so dont take that for sure.

seriously? that just made my day! im gonna check that out!

thanks!!

boostd

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
Usually if you return the phone within the 30 days if you look at the contract they will charge you the outright price of the phone if you dont give it back. So lets say you keep the phone expect a bill for the extra 350 on top of what you paid for it orginally.

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Usually if you return the phone within the 30 days if you look at the contract they will charge you the outright price of the phone if you dont give it back. So lets say you keep the phone expect a bill for the extra 350 on top of what you paid for it orginally.

are you serious?!!!????

omg dude that sucks. so basically what your saying is there is no way to get the iphone without spending at least 500.00..

thats so stupid. are you sure about this???!!!!!????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2