After purchasing an iphone a week or so back, I was looking forward to Jailbreak my iphone this morning until I came across some hitches..

After Backing up iphone (setting, the lot), I then go to restore my iphone back to factory settings so that I can carry out the jailbreaking process until I find out you cannot restore back to 3.0 firmware

Restoring my iphone will result in updating to 3.1 firmware within the process..

Now I have to play the waiting game even longer before I can Jailbreak my iphone - Gutted as I say.

*I'm new to the forum, hope to post around the place. Thought i'd share my issue during my opening post.
    09-12-2009 05:05 AM
    Let us pray for a jailbreak within the next week or so. :P
    09-12-2009 05:14 AM
    Let us pray for a jailbreak within the next week or so. :P
    Yeah that would be great, I dont mind waiting at all Gives me a little longer to familiarize myself with the iphone.

It's also my first Apple product purchase.
    09-12-2009 05:19 AM
    Why are you looking to jailbreak the phone after having it such a short time?
    09-12-2009 07:51 AM
    I can't speak for anyone else but I jailbroke my first iPhone the day I brought it home in July. Sorry, after having a couple smartphones the idea that I couldn't customize my phone was not appealing. And the idea that I had to quit what I was doing just to change the brightness settings or turn on wifi?? Come on, that's stuff that's pretty much standard. Sbsettings alone would keep me jailbroken even if I could live with Apple's Henry Ford (any color you like as long as it's black) approach to themes.
    09-12-2009 10:59 AM
    Why are you looking to jailbreak the phone after having it such a short time?
    Dont you recommend it like?

It would be nice to get many apps/games for free like most.
    09-12-2009 01:53 PM
    Dont you recommend it like?

It would be nice to get many apps/games for free like most.
    You can get many apps/games for free from the app store. That doesn't come from jailbreaking unless you're talking about illegally cracked apps, and I highly recommend you steer clear of those.
    09-12-2009 02:22 PM
    You can get many apps/games for free from the app store. That doesn't come from jailbreaking unless you're talking about illegally cracked apps, and I highly recommend you steer clear of those.
    All the games that are available for free are demo's.. You can get a lot of quality stuff when your iphone is jailbroken.

It's something that interests me.
    09-13-2009 12:34 PM
    Again, don't confuse jailbreak and cracks. And don't admit in writing to being interested in cracked software.
    09-13-2009 01:06 PM
    Developers work hard creating apps, pay them! There are a lot of good reason to jailbreak, stealing from small developers is not one of them. You've come to the wrong place to discuss pirating apps.
    09-13-2009 01:36 PM
    My top reasons for jailbreak:

1. Bypass the 10MB download limit so I can download podcast on the go.
    2. Play Internet Radio in the background
    3. Add folder organization to the home pages
    4. I hate a plain black background on my homepage
    09-13-2009 01:52 PM
    I best stop posting in this thread tbh because it looks as if i'm heading the right way of getting myself into trouble which wasn't my intentions, and some members are taking my comments way out of proportion imo..

I'm learning about of this stuff and obviously I haven't done my homework, advise would have been nice instead of been acussed of things such as coming on here to discuss pirating apps etc, and as if i'm trying to fraud developers etc..

It's not a dig and i'm sure members would agree with me when I say better advice could have been given to help me go in the right direction
    09-14-2009 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD