micky_rooney

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
After purchasing an iphone a week or so back, I was looking forward to Jailbreak my iphone this morning until I came across some hitches..

After Backing up iphone (setting, the lot), I then go to restore my iphone back to factory settings so that I can carry out the jailbreaking process until I find out you cannot restore back to 3.0 firmware :(

Restoring my iphone will result in updating to 3.1 firmware within the process..

Now I have to play the waiting game even longer before I can Jailbreak my iphone - Gutted as I say.

*I'm new to the forum, hope to post around the place. Thought i'd share my issue during my opening post.

Minhala

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for anyone else but I jailbroke my first iPhone the day I brought it home in July. Sorry, after having a couple smartphones the idea that I couldn't customize my phone was not appealing. And the idea that I had to quit what I was doing just to change the brightness settings or turn on wifi?? Come on, that's stuff that's pretty much standard. Sbsettings alone would keep me jailbroken even if I could live with Apple's Henry Ford (any color you like as long as it's black) approach to themes.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Dont you recommend it like?

It would be nice to get many apps/games for free like most.

You can get many apps/games for free from the app store. That doesn't come from jailbreaking unless you're talking about illegally cracked apps, and I highly recommend you steer clear of those.

micky_rooney

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
You can get many apps/games for free from the app store. That doesn't come from jailbreaking unless you're talking about illegally cracked apps, and I highly recommend you steer clear of those.

All the games that are available for free are demo's.. You can get a lot of quality stuff when your iphone is jailbroken.

It's something that interests me.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Again, don't confuse jailbreak and cracks. And don't admit in writing to being interested in cracked software.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Developers work hard creating apps, pay them! There are a lot of good reason to jailbreak, stealing from small developers is not one of them. You've come to the wrong place to discuss pirating apps.

galactica2001

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
My top reasons for jailbreak:

1. Bypass the 10MB download limit so I can download podcast on the go.
2. Play Internet Radio in the background
3. Add folder organization to the home pages
4. I hate a plain black background on my homepage

micky_rooney

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I best stop posting in this thread tbh because it looks as if i'm heading the right way of getting myself into trouble which wasn't my intentions, and some members are taking my comments way out of proportion imo..

I'm learning about of this stuff and obviously I haven't done my homework, advise would have been nice instead of been acussed of things such as coming on here to discuss pirating apps etc, and as if i'm trying to fraud developers etc..

It's not a dig and i'm sure members would agree with me when I say better advice could have been given to help me go in the right direction

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2