Offical 3.1 Jailbreak Thread.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying it right now and so far so good. Now another question to this thread. If I download 3.1 from a site and restore and choose 3.1. Later can I downgrade using the same method to restore to 3.0.1?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying it right now and so far so good. Now another question to this thread. If I download 3.1 from a site and restore and choose 3.1. Later can I downgrade using the same method to restore to 3.0.1?

I tried to restore 3.0 and 3.0.1 and rejailbreak and it didn't work. Are you having any luck?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I am just missing something b/c I can't restore the iphone to the original 3.0.1 as Apple isn't signing it. I'm pretty literate on these things so maybe i need a little more explanation on your steps.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
when you updated to iTunes 9. iTunes dumped the older firmwares in the trash. Check your trash for the older firmwares and drag them back to your desktop then you can restore.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the older firmwares (3.0 & 3.0.1) and when i do a shift+restore in itunes and select one of those it says I'm not allowed to restore to those (after verifying with Apple). I'm still on 3.0.1 but I wanted to start clean and rejailbreak.

rames2075

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
yesterday I made 3.1 update on iphone 2g ,now it is asking for att activation.when ever i connected to itunes it is taking me to activation screen.is there any way to get rid of this activation screen ?

Last edited:

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have the older firmwares (3.0 & 3.0.1) and when i do a shift+restore in itunes and select one of those it says I'm not allowed to restore to those (after verifying with Apple). I'm still on 3.0.1 but I wanted to start clean and rejailbreak.

hm are you using a pc or a mac? I used a mac.

Minhala

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
3Gs have that 'phone home' feature built in where Apple has to "sign" the firmaware before it's installed. 3Gs phones cannot install/restore to any firmware but 3.1. 3G phones don't have that extra check AFAIK.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
3Gs have that 'phone home' feature built in where Apple has to "sign" the firmaware before it's installed. 3Gs phones cannot install/restore to any firmware but 3.1. 3G phones don't have that extra check AFAIK.

Thanks for that verification. I thought that was the case.

jlw

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Any one used this frm hackintosh? I cant post link beacouse

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 6 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

Got my ecid, but the last step wont work. I get nothing when I put my digits in the black box and press Enter.

jlw

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
ihackintosh.com, second news, about 3gs and getting the ecid

The last step, posting the ecid, and get the file. dont work, for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal