Offical 3.1 Jailbreak Thread.

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I have seen TONS of post regarding jailbreaking and 3.1. I can not stress enough to use the search feature or even google.

There is NO jailbreak for 3.1 at this time.

Dev_Team is working on it but you have to be patient. These people are working very hard for us and they give it to use free.

I am talking via e-mail with the Dev_Team and as soon as they have it release I will update here and post a tutorial on how to jailbreak the right way.

spidermanhacker

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help!

@ First i wanna say i`m New Here, The day 9/9 i bought iphone 3G 8GB,
i Went home, i opened catalogue & from it i knew itones, i downloaded it, opened it, Upgraded my iphone To OS 3.1 ........................................

Before feeling happy of my new iphone, It`s Locked Down, Itunes said Sim Card Not Supported ............. OMG

Then i heared about The Dev Team , I Readed more and more to know what happened to my iphone, and i have been shocked of my bad luck.

Allllll Myyyyyy Requesttt, Not Jailbreak Not Cydia , Just Sim Unlock to see my iphone menu and start Dailing and receving Calls

i`m New as i said, i don`t know how to contact Dev Team them selves, Then i saw u said u r in contact with them .............

So PLZ ask them a fast solution of just sim unlock,
& The most important question 4 me is When will they annouce the solution ?

Plz ask them before answering me Boss : (((​

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
First i wanna say i`m New Here, The day 9/9 i bought iphone 3G 8GB,
i Went home, i opened catalogue & from it i knew itones, i downloaded it, opened it, Upgraded my iphone To OS 3.1 ........................................

Before feeling happy of my new iphone, It`s Locked Down, Itunes said Sim Card Not Supported ............. OMG

Then i heared about The Dev Team , I Readed more and more to know what happened to my iphone, and i have been shocked of my bad luck.

Allllll Myyyyyy Requesttt, Not Jailbreak Not Cydia , Just Sim Unlock to see my iphone menu and start Dailing and receving Calls

i`m New as i said, i don`t know how to contact Dev Team them selves, Then i saw u said u r in contact with them .............

So PLZ ask them a fast solution of just sim unlock,
& The most important question 4 me is When will they annouce the solution ?

Plz ask them before answering me Boss : (((

First: welcome

Two: Oversized bold color font is very annoying.

Third: What carrier are you using?

Fourth: You have to jailbreak it first to unlock it. There may never be a way to unlock in 3.1 but too early to tell. There is NO UNLOCK OR JAILBREAK AT THIS TIME (See first post)

Fifth: If you got it from AT&T and the SIM is not working. Take it back.

Last edited:

galactica2001

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Let me start off by giving out a huge THANKS!!! to the Dev_Team you guys are great.

I have been a user of "backdoor" type products for many years now. In fact I don't think I own a piece of equipment that is still running the original manufactured firmware.

When you are writing your own software from scratch it is much easier to see how things work from start to finish. In this case the Dev_Team has to build on top of someone else's original design. It has been my experience that when you're working with software like this, that is effectively the "cutting edge" of the developing world, then there is always a lot of waiting involved. This is not only a necessity, but a good thing in the end. The longer a developer takes to make sure they get it right and working the better product you end up with in the end. Waiting on releases like this are when we should all take the time to say thanks, because once they release the product we will all be too busy playing with it.

Pass on my thanks to the Dev_Team.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah giving us free goodness they rock in my books. I can wait for the 3.1 JB, 3.0 works flawless for me JB so I'm in no hurry.

I've heard that the new security would make it hard to unlock with 3.1 do you guys really think it would become impossible? I just don't see that being the case, I can see it taking alot longer until someone figures it out somehow either by software or hardware. I think it will be done.

galactica2001

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
This is an "educated guess" but I think what they mean by being impossible is that since they upgrade the modem firmware and itunes does not allow you to downgrade once upgraded, then we may have to wait until another version of modem firmware is released so they can patch the old one and piggy back it on the new upgrade path. I have already read articles about people patching their OS firmware, but they don't get the full "Jailbreak" experience. However, all of them have basically said the same thing...Don't do it unless you are one of those L33T programmers that know what we are even talking about. I do know that the OS 3.1.1 software is planned for release already, so even if we JB now we will be doing it again in a few weeks.

galactica2001

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I was trying to say that they will probably have another upate coming soon for possibly mms and some security bugs. 3.1.1 is the current version number for ipod touch (what i get for reading 2 screens while typing). I have also seen other post that say mms could just be a carrier update. The overall point was that jut like when they released 3.0, they soon after released 3.0.1.

Last edited:

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
It wasnt that "soon" after... How about this, if someone is really wanting to jailbreak their phone, they need to take the OS release date, add a week to that, then they can start asking questions on if they can JB...

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok. You guys got me reAlly worried with this new update. I have an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone running off of 3.01 and I like to install cydia apps and themes but now I'm terrified of messing things up while I'm playing around with it.

I've always relied on RESTORE as a back up in the event that I screw up but I know now is not an option. Is there another way to fix things besides restore in this situation to retain the working 3.01?

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
If u have to restore u don't HAVE tonuse he most current version if u have say 3.0.1 saved on your pc. Connect to iTunes go to where u usually restore and hold the shift key and hen click on restore it will ask u to direct it to the software u want to use

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I never MANUALLY saved 3.01 to my pc but I have updated using iTunes in the past. Does it automatically save 3.01 to my pc or did I have to do it download it manually?

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I came across a unlock software online called Unlock-the-iphone... google it. It says here that the software can unlock & jailbreak 3.1... what do you all think? I hate to pay for it and it doesn't work even though it does say 100% money back guarantee. If anyone has tried this program let me know.

It's only been 2 day. The are not miracle workers, but close :)

Pay for something and take a good chance of losing your money. If Dev_Team does not have if out yet then i seriously doubt someone else does.

Your money, your choice.

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
There are alot of ways to download the ISPW restore file. YouTube, jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1 and in the videos discription you usually find a link to the softwares of your choice

spidermanhacker

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
First: welcome

Two: Oversized bold color font is very annoying.

Third: What carrier are you using?

Fourth: You have to jailbreak it first to unlock it. There may never be a way to unlock in 3.1 but too early to tell. There is NO UNLOCK OR JAILBREAK AT THIS TIME (See first post)

Fifth: If you got it from AT&T and the SIM is not working. Take it back.

First: welcome :D

Second: U R Right about the font ^_^

Third: My carrier is Etisalat, Have u ever hear about it ?

Fourth: i really need to know when may the solution come up ?

Fifth: No, it`s not from them : ((

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello my iPhone 3G is jailbroken with redsn0w pointed 3.0 for jailbreaking 3.0.1. anyways if I restore my iPhone and restore from back up do I have to update to 3.1? or since I revived the old OS firmwares such as 3.0 and 3.0.1 from my trash can I restore back to one of those? basically can I restore with the same method without running into 3.1? I heard Apple isn't signing firmwares lower then 3.1. Can I still restore and jailbreak 3.0.1?