Offical 3.1 Jailbreak Thread.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Updating the apps wont mess up your JB, some app versions however will only work with a certain firmware so if you don't have that firmware don't update the app until you do.

SeanMullin

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
To clarify

So just to clarify if I have already updated to 3.1 and have ATT can I go ahead and jailbreak? Or should I have waited to upgrade until the jailbreak came out. I have an iPhone 3g and from what I have read it looks like I can jailbreak. Any help would be appreciated. Love the site by the way. I check it upwards of 3 to 4 times daily. Has anyone done this?

Last edited:

Bull

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but what if you restore your computer back to when you had 3.0 weather a day or week or whenever and then plug the phone in to iTunes? I am aware that you can not physically re install an older firmware version but what about the PC restore as this changes the registry files. Or is it that it is the way the phone is designed that will not allow it to go back to an older version?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but what if you restore your computer back to when you had 3.0 weather a day or week or whenever and then plug the phone in to iTunes? I am aware that you can not physically re install an older firmware version but what about the PC restore as this changes the registry files. Or is it that it is the way the phone is designed that will not allow it to go back to an older version?

Bumping this thread hoping someone has tried this lol

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

why would restoring your computer affect what the phone does if the phone does not allow you to re-install an older firmware?

you answered your own question inside your weirder question

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
You are supposed to be able to go back to 3.0 if you have a 3g. The pwnage tool for 3gs should be out sometime soon and then we will know more about 3gs then.

I used the pwnage tool to create my custom ipsw, and things are working great. I really loved the ability to sort my apps in iTunes.

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Works well for me too, but somehow it screwed up my carrier bundle so I'm not getting the carrier in the status bar. Anyone else see this? Know how to fix?

rcsanderford

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
Newbie Question

I'm a newbie here; patiently waiting for the Dev-Team's release of the Windows unlock/jailbreak of 3.1 on my 16g iphone 2g (which I foolishly upgraded to 3.1 via itunes 9:(). I'm wondering "who" the Dev-Team is? Are they affiliated with Apple, or completely autonomous? Is their identity a taboo subject? If it is, I apologize in advance for asking!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm a newbie here; patiently waiting for the Dev-Team's release of the Windows unlock/jailbreak of 3.1 on my 16g iphone 2g (which I foolishly upgraded to 3.1 via itunes 9:(). I'm wondering "who" the Dev-Team is? Are they affiliated with Apple, or completely autonomous? Is their identity a taboo subject? If it is, I apologize in advance for asking!

The dev team is a team of people that make Jailbreaks and Unlocks for the iPhone. They are not affiliated with apple at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone with a 3G used the pwnage tool to JB 3.1 how is it? any random freezes or reboots? I've read about the vanilla guys having this problem and just wondering if it's a problem with the firmware. There's people at my work with 3G updated to 3.1 and none o them have had any problems with freezing or reboots.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR