My MMS Works

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Not guaranteed. I have that came combo, outside of Chicago, does not work..

I can't get rid of the damn 5.0 file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texags08
Just as a note... I have 3.1, 5.0 ipcc, and family unlimited messaging... So with that combination, i dont see why it wouldnt work, unless it is dependent on the area you are in....

04blue8

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
myself and another friend out here (az) have mms up and working with the sinfuliphone hack. we both are on family plans, but both of us have att 4.0 as well...this is very confusing why some people get it and some people dont. has anyone tried going to att medianet website and registering their phone their???

dallasjmj

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I still ask if you have an MMS plan. otherwise you're paying per message.

I just pulled out my AT&T bill to see. Shows I have Family Talk, Media Max Unlimited Mnet, Text and Multimedia Messaging. My phone is a jailbroken 3G with OS 3.0.1, AT&T 4.0 and Modem Firmware 04.26.08.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
yeah i cant explain. i downloaded the sinful repo yesterday and it wasn't working. woke up this morning and now its working. both sending and receiving. and my Carrier info is ATT 4.0. So I dont know. Other than ATT doing a "blanket" launch and releasing it in certain areas gradually until all areas are on by the 25th. Thats the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by texags08
Just as a note... I have 3.1, 5.0 ipcc, and family unlimited messaging... So with that combination, i dont see why it wouldnt work, unless it is dependent on the area you are in....

I really do not see the area you live in being relevant in the least. They can't really do this by "area" - the update will come in the form of a carrier file update through iTunes on the 25th.

There is no OTA solution for them sending down updates just to "certain" people. It isn't a gradual roll-out, it's an update on the 25th and that's when you'll officially get it.

If it's working great, but that's probably contributed by AT&T's craptastic server structure and their accounts being provisioned in all kinds of eff'ed up ways. Sometimes you slip through the cracks with the MMS Opt Out, then their server catches it and it stops working.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I really do not see the area you live in being relevant in the least. They can't really do this by "area" - the update will come in the form of a carrier file update through iTunes on the 25th.

There is no OTA solution for them sending down updates just to "certain" people. It isn't a gradual roll-out, it's an update on the 25th and that's when you'll officially get it.

If it's working great, but that's probably contributed by AT&T's craptastic server structure and their accounts being provisioned in all kinds of eff'ed up ways. Sometimes you slip through the cracks with the MMS Opt Out, then their server catches it and it stops working.

I'll retract this a bit texas....

Seems like they may be lighting it up by region after a little research. That's got to be the dumbest idea...sigh

lol

Must be the Opt Out coming off, so only people who are jailbreaking are getting MMS to work. I see what you mean now.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Thats the only explaination i can come up with as well, it seems like they are opening up in certain areas, i have tried helping my family in Georgia by walking them through everything i did, and they are having no luck... but i do know that you either have to have JB 3.0.1 with the correct files, or 3.1 with v5.0 ipcc... i know mine did not work at all with 3.0.1 clean and v5.0, and 20 min later it worked with 3.1 and v5.0...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
@Texasgs08

hmm I read in another forum that 3.1 actually comes with a 5.0 version. I have restored my phone as new 3 times and have 5.0 by default. I think that's the carrier file for 3.1. Maybe there are different variants. I know there were before and the stock version that loads doesn't enable it.

I'm assuming the hacked one is one someone altered a bit to enable it. It will work if you're in an area where AT&T has flipped it on.

I'm willing to bet that on the 25th all the file will do is update ports and apns in order to make it work but the file is already there. Just needs to be edited.

I know I had 5.1 previous to unjailbreaking and restoring and after a restore I had 5.0 so that's the only thing I can think of.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I dont think i have a hacked version of 5.0, because i am unable to see the network information for editing, and i remember the haced version allowing this... i was unaware that 3.1 came with v5.0, i did an update over my previous, not a clean install...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
nice, so i guess the clean v5.0 that came with 3.1 is the one that will work as long as they have it "on" in your area...

This is what I'm thinking as well. They may be rolling out "test markets" in order to make sure the network can handle the traffic. But that doesn't make sense because a lot of people won't know they even have it and won't use it, lol

AT&T's methods are so jank. haha

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Mine is working now too. I already had the 5.0 carrier file, but I decided to reinstall it and do a power cycle about 30 min ago. I have since sent out over 30 MMS to make sure it works. :)

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Mine is working now too. I already had the 5.0 carrier file, but I decided to reinstall it and do a power cycle about 30 min ago. I have since sent out over 30 MMS to make sure it works. :)

And this is why ATT is rolling out region by region... Is there really any need to send 30 MMS to see if it works??? Not ripping you in particular for doing this, but it was a smart move on ATT's part so the system is bogged down on Sept 25th...

dynalmadman

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I went to the above mentioned HowardForums link and got my wife's 3Gs MMS working in about 10 minutes. Incredible.

It consists of running one command line, downloading one file, and having itunes update the carrier file. I did a restart and MMS was there. No settings to set - nothing. It just worked.

We are in Vegas and I sent 3 MMS from her iphone to my bold and I sent 1 back. Worked like a charm.

Hopefully it will stick. We are on a PC with itunes 8 and she has 3.0.1 on her 3Gs. We are on the family text plan.

Michael

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, so it may have zero to do with the OS version and everything to do with the carrier file and the area you are in...

I guess they "flipped the switch" in my area during the 15 min it took for 3.1 to install... or maybe i was attached to the same tower for too long and hadnt been re-prvisioned... either way, it looks like the OS version doesnt matter...

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
And this is why ATT is rolling out region by region... Is there really any need to send 30 MMS to see if it works??? Not ripping you in particular for doing this, but it was a smart move on ATT's part so the system is bogged down on Sept 25th...

Yea I figured I should send out 30 MMS messages in 30 minutes because I should have been able to send out over 1000 in the past 2 years, or a few hundred since 3.0. Just got a little trigger happy that it finally worked. And was just making sure it still worked because I have read that people got their working for an hour and then it stopped. Oh well, I'm sure I didn't hurt AT&Ts network anymore than it is already hurting. Although I do get great service. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner