Still on 3.0, is it worth it to even upgrade to 3.1 yet if I want to JB?

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a page of JBapps that I would rather not do without. I know I need to open SSH into my phone and save some of them via chronus and aptbackup, but is it worth it to even upgrade right now? I might rather wait until a JB for 3.1 is ready before I consider it.

What do you think?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I would wait until they can come up with a jailbreak for 3.1. While MMS and the app organization in iTunes 9 is great, I think I would much rather have my Cydia apps such as SBSettings instead. :eek:)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I would wait until they can come up with a jailbreak for 3.1. While MMS and the app organization in iTunes 9 is great, I think I would much rather have my Cydia apps such as SBSettings instead. :eek:)

I agree. yet seeing "install 3.1" every time you plugged your iPhone in or checked for new app updates, this was becoming a tease.

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded to 3.1 yesterday. It really doesn't give me much...being on a 3g and all.
so I am in the process of downgrading back to 3.0 and will jailbreak when done....w00t!

But as soon as the JB is avail for 3.1, I will re upgrade it.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded to 3.1 yesterday. It really doesn't give me much...being on a 3g and all.
so I am in the process of downgrading back to 3.0 and will jailbreak when done....w00t!

But as soon as the JB is avail for 3.1, I will re upgrade it.

This is probably not wise. I just found out from another member the modem firmware changed, if you try and roll it back, it's going to render your phone useless. If you upgraded, you're stuck on 3.1 until they jailbreak it.

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
This is probably not wise. I just found out from another member the modem firmware changed, if you try and roll it back, it's going to render your phone useless. If you upgraded, you're stuck on 3.1 until they jailbreak it.

Just found that out. Hopefully, this restore to 3.1 works out. Looks like it is working.

Just noticed ur from Illinois, too...NICE!

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have a problem reinstalling 3.1 as that will be compatible with the baseband and modem firmware versions. Let us know how it goes...

Just added you on twitter...seein how we're both from IL. LOL.

I added Sikora, as well.

I am drob70 on twitter.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Just added you on twitter...seein how we're both from IL. LOL.

I added Sikora, as well.

I am drob70 on twitter.

I actually live in Michigan City, IN (everyone knows the outlet mall, dunes national lakeshore etc...) I grew up between here and the suburbs of Chicago. I prefer MC more as the taxes and cost of living are lower, but I'm still less than an hour away from downtown :)

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I actually live in Michigan City, IN (everyone knows the outlet mall, dunes national lakeshore etc...) I grew up between here and the suburbs of Chicago. I prefer MC more as the taxes and cost of living are lower, but I'm still less than an hour away from downtown :)

I see. The re-upgrade worked. Waiting on the JB patiently now. :mad:

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
With the betas you could use quickpwn to boot you out of recovery, but now Apple is no longer signing 3.0 or 3.0.1, so the process will be different to downgrade. Hope you captured your ECID, iBSS and iBEC files while you were still on 3.0 (if your on a 3GS).

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
My thoughts exactly, it should only be a couple days before the JB is avail so why not just wait it out.

i think it will be a lot longer than that because there is going to be another update on the 25th and theyll most likely switch it up on people as well. if i was the dev team i wouldnt even try until the 25th.

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3GS and I am running 3.0.1 jailbroken. Is it still possible to get the ECID, iBSS and iBEC files from my phone? I have not even touched Itunes or 3.1 since it came out yesterday. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on this? I am new to the iPhone....having been on Windows Mobile for years, I just bought my first iPhone last week. I am used to flashing and "taking risks" with my devices...so I'm not scared to try...however I just need some good reference material to guide me along :)

Thanks!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3GS and I am running 3.0.1 jailbroken. Is it still possible to get the ECID, iBSS and iBEC files from my phone? I have not even touched Itunes or 3.1 since it came out yesterday. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on this? I am new to the iPhone....having been on Windows Mobile for years, I just bought my first iPhone last week. I am used to flashing and "taking risks" with my devices...so I'm not scared to try...however I just need some good reference material to guide me along :)

Thanks!

Yes you can. Shutter or someone else may be better suited to guide you in the right direction as this is 1 thing I haven't really ever messed w/. I'm used to just waiting until something is jailbroken or going without a jailbreak until there is one and not having to roll back firmware.

Good luck, I'm sure one of the guys in here can point you in the right direction.

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can. Shutter or someone else may be better suited to guide you in the right direction as this is 1 thing I haven't really ever messed w/. I'm used to just waiting until something is jailbroken or going without a jailbreak until there is one and not having to roll back firmware.

Good luck, I'm sure one of the guys in here can point you in the right direction.

So you're saying that its possible I dont need to do this? I just found a walkthrough...but it looks like I will have to restore to 3.0, which will erase my jailbreak, will it not? I'd prefer not to have to do this..I'd rather wait as well if its possible that in the future, someone will come up with a jailbreak that doesnt require me to rollback to get that info.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Check in cydia and see if saurik is still pulling the files, I did mine a while ago, but earlier this week there was a popup in cydia after I upgraded it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR