Unknown [never heard them before] sounds in springboard.app?

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Whist exploring the depths of th eiphone 3.0 system files, i came across multiple .aif/.aiff files that i have not once heard before. Theyre located in system>library>Coreservices>springboard.app under multiple names most nesting at the bottom of the list. Along with these sounds/chimes are the ever populous lock and unlock chimes and oddly enough the missing "Marimba.m4r" ringtone that doesnt in the ringtones file. Let me know if you know what any of these sounds are. I believe one sounds similar to the sosumi sound on mac.
The files are listed in alphabetical order so here are a few:
ussd.aiff

TinkX2.aif

SIMToolKitNegativeACK.aiff

ring.m4r (marimba)

and RingerChanged.aif

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Note: I have heard a few of them but some are familar like the new SMS received tone only played whilst the app is open. i do believe there is a CallDropped tone that i have never heard before now... the call dropped tone is usually something else for me anyways..

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
I would also take a look at system>library>UIsounds>****.caf files. most are obvious as to their titles, but some (some repeats of my aforementioned file) are unheard of before to me anyways. Im using the iPhone 3G and have found chimes or sounds from the 3GS's video record feature. My guess is that apple will release Video Recording for 3G on 9/9/09! Lmao! We'll have to see on that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2