Iphone 3gs jail break

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
i finaly got it to change i saved the file under all apllications, then put .ipsw at the end of the redsn0w should it on the desk top finaly, but tried to load it wit redsn0w it wouldnt recgonize it as the correct firmwire

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
kinda

Just right click and erase the .zip off the end of the file.

i finaly got it to change i saved the file under all apllications, then put .ipsw at the end of the redsn0w should it on the desk top finaly, but tried to load it wit redsn0w it wouldnt recgonize it as the correct firmwire

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Where are you downloading the file from, and where are you saving it to? You are on a pc, no?

i downloaded from a guy named tajiman on here hes replied a bounce, and i'm on pc hidden fiels are shown just that it doent regonize the ipsw file for the program redn0w

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this will help or if you've already tried it. I use a pc running windows xp but I downloaded and use mozilla firefox to surf the web. When I click to download a file, firefox pops up a download box showing the download progress. Mine is defaulted to save downloads in "my documents" in a folder labeled "downloads". If you can't find them there then when the download box shows the download to be complete then right click on it and select open containing folder. Make a note of what folder it opened for future downloads. Once the folder is open it will show the downloaded file and it should be the one highlighted. If it's in a compressed folder then unzip it to the folder containing the redsnow app. If it's just the .ipsw file as mine always is, just move it to the redsnow folder. As for renaming the file, I've never had to do this. It has an icon of a small box or something and has the file name "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore", select this when redsnow ask for the file. I origianlly tried this with internet explorer and also had problems.

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this will help or if you've already tried it. I use a pc running windows xp but I downloaded and use mozilla firefox to surf the web. When I click to download a file, firefox pops up a download box showing the download progress. Mine is defaulted to save downloads in "my documents" in a folder labeled "downloads". If you can't find them there then when the download box shows the download to be complete then right click on it and select open containing folder. Make a note of what folder it opened for future downloads. Once the folder is open it will show the downloaded file and it should be the one highlighted. If it's in a compressed folder then unzip it to the folder containing the redsnow app. If it's just the .ipsw file as mine always is, just move it to the redsnow folder. As for renaming the file, I've never had to do this. It has an icon of a small box or something and has the file name "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore", select this when redsnow ask for the file. I origianlly tried this with internet explorer and also had problems.

what's ive found is that i finaly got it to switch over to ipsw file but redsn0w won't regconize the .ipsw file as the correct one for the program to work. i have the iphone 3gs i'm tryin to jail break

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
What link are you using to download the .ipsw file? As for changing the name, I still don't understand the need to do that. I've jailbroke two phones now, more than once, and I've never had to rename it. Must be the operating system your using or the location from where you downloaded it.
This is from iMuggle and it helped me. "For everyone looking for firmware, I use this site a lot:

iPhone and iPod Touch Firmware :: iPhone System Software Updates Downloads.

That site has it, download it from there to your computer in a place you will be able to navigate easily to (I just save them to my desktop in a folder called iPhone FW)

just make sure you download the 3.0 for the 3G S if that is what you have.

Then you have to get redsn0w version 0.8, run that, it'll ask you to navigate to your current firmware version, navigate to that 3.0 ipsw i gave you a link to, and voila, you are done, jailbroken on 3.0.1

There is an app in Cydia that will allow you to create a restore file of your jailbroken settings, it is called AptBackup if you'd like to use that to backup your jailbroken stuff. I normally don't as I just redownload the themes, but I could see if you have a bunch of stuff, not wanting to redownload."

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to ask, are you using internet explorer or mozilla firefox? If you're not using the firefox, download and use it instead. I have a pc also but it worked great for me.

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
wrong everything

What link are you using to download the .ipsw file? As for changing the name, I still don't understand the need to do that. I've jailbroke two phones now, more than once, and I've never had to rename it. Must be the operating system your using or the location from where you downloaded it.
This is from iMuggle and it helped me. "For everyone looking for firmware, I use this site a lot:

iPhone and iPod Touch Firmware :: iPhone System Software Updates Downloads.

That site has it, download it from there to your computer in a place you will be able to navigate easily to (I just save them to my desktop in a folder called iPhone FW)

just make sure you download the 3.0 for the 3G S if that is what you have.

Then you have to get redsn0w version 0.8, run that, it'll ask you to navigate to your current firmware version, navigate to that 3.0 ipsw i gave you a link to, and voila, you are done, jailbroken on 3.0.1

There is an app in Cydia that will allow you to create a restore file of your jailbroken settings, it is called AptBackup if you'd like to use that to backup your jailbroken stuff. I normally don't as I just redownload the themes, but I could see if you have a bunch of stuff, not wanting to redownload."

after alot of downloadin and things like that i had looked at the how to guide for jailbreakin the iphone 3g and it not on had the wrong firm wire but wrong version on redsn0w it was 7.2 instead of 8.0 and 8.0 does the iphone 3gs. just thought i let ya know thanks man fo sho, just wondering what kind of cool apps and things ae there for the Iphone?

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
There are definetly some cool apps although I think iTunes has far more. Jailbreaking your phone gives you the ability to change the appearance and sounds so that it doesn't look like everyone elses iPhone. You can even make your own themes if you don't like the ones on cydia. Glad to hear you figured it out. It'll be like having a new phone.

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
There are definetly some cool apps although I think iTunes has far more. Jailbreaking your phone gives you the ability to change the appearance and sounds so that it doesn't look like everyone elses iPhone. You can even make your own themes if you don't like the ones on cydia. Glad to hear you figured it out. It'll be like having a new phone.

ya its coo i like it already and that's what i was going for so i could even change rintones for the text messages

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR