Did I KILL my 2G iphone with Bootneuter 2.1?!

dlomonosov

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Did I KILL my 2G iphone with Bootneuter 2.1?!

After trying for a few days to JB and unlock my 2G 8gig iPhone with redsn0w 0.7 and 0.8 using different itunes versions to put 3.0 FM, I still did not have any lock unlocking the phone to use with t-mobile SIM, iphone did not see SIM!

So then after visiting all kinds of forums and reading, plus youtube, I found that I might have needed to download and install BootNeuter through Cydia, did that, followed instructions and tried to Neuter/Flash 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders with all things checked ON, and of course eachtime I did DFU mode restart and then Shift Restore in iTunes with 3.0 FM IWSP file I downloaded, and then JB and do the Bootneuter/Flash for each band I flashed each time, then on the last attemt I reflashed it on the same 3.9 band but turning OFF FakeBlank at this time, and it got stock in flashing with POP UP screen"Do not Interupt" screen for like 15min, so I reset the iPhone thinking it got stock with holding corner and home buttons. It reloaded for a long time.I checked and iphone general setting and the modem firmware and all the MAC addresses are gone, blank (See pics)! Now itunes does not recognize contents on the phone, and error messege comes up that it does not see iphone contents and when I try to restore the same way to get the update 3.0 on it so I can re-JB it, it give me error 23 !!

I tried DFU reset and SHift Restore to 3.0 or right to 3.0.1 through iTunes and it give me the error. When I went to Bootneuter it "Determins Settings" and give me error POP UP saying that it does not see CommBoard and Bootloader failed to communicate or something!! I tried re-JB the phone just like this, it completed with redsn0w and when at the end BootNeuter 2.1 came on and it gave me the same error that it does not see the Bootloader, then JB completed and I still have blank for everything in general settings, plus the Bootneuter app is gone from Springboard now, my Wi-Fi does not work either.

Did I kill the phone? Anyone had this problem and how do you fix it? Please.. I was ready to somehow downgrading it to 2.2.1 with quickpwn, like I origionaly installed for my wife and hse has no problem with 2.2.1, but now I am stock.. Thank you.

I found a link here from 2007 where the guy had same issue on iphone and people tried to help him, it is a little involved with command based apps like AppTappInstaller.exe, PACAY and iBrickr_0.91. I wanted to see if this is the only way or there is other way and newer programs. I hope this helps.

Here are screen shots:

PIC001-1.jpg

PIC002-1.jpg

PIC003.jpg

Last edited:

dlomonosov

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
this is not my first phone JB man, hahaha, yes, many times, thats how you restore iphone period, with DFU mode, and then JB with quickpwn or redn0w, thats what I stated in my post first, sorry that I was not clear of how I did it.

dlomonosov

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
no one?! Is it that bad? I see it is doable as per this old thread I found on the web on the other forum:

www . iphonealley . com / forums/showthread.php?t=1936 (ignore spaces)
"Need Repair" : "No Wi-Fi" + Modem Firmware blank - iPhone Alley Forums"

Any hacker on here knows how to do it for 2G, that one was for 2G I think as well.. A step by step would be nice plus where to download these apps, from a trusted source..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The peeps at modmyi will prob be alot more help than I would anyway. Sorry I prob used the wrong words I'm not able to follow you because you're a little more advanced than I am LOL. I do remember that when I did unlock/JB my 1st gen it was it did take a very, very long time I just let it sit there because I didn't want to mess up the process.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
did u figure it out? if not, i have the exact same phone u have...i unlocked and JB mines AGAIN on saturday, i have all the files u need, i will link them to this thread tonite if u still need them...

dlomonosov

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
yes thank you. I am still reading bunch of older posts? which one did you follow and on what forum? Where in NJ you are at? I lived in east brunswick for like 5 years, now in FL.. thanks again..

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
yes thank you. I am still reading bunch of older posts? which one did you follow and on what forum? Where in NJ you are at? I lived in east brunswick for like 5 years, now in FL.. thanks again..
i just googled it and clicked a few diff sites, dont remember which tho sry...im up in north jersey about 10 10 mins from Woodbridge

did you have the same issue as far as Bootloader and firmware for modem and everything wiped from the phone?

nah, i had no issues at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2