So my iPhone was fine all last night. Great this morning too. Then something happened and my iPhone crashed and I had to restore (wouldn't go past Apple logo). So I restore and rejailbreak.

Now, I am trying to load themes through SSH back onto my phone. Every time I try to connect, I get this error "WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION CHANGED"

It is telling me to add the correct host key to a path that doesn't exist. How do I get this to work again? It was working fine until the rejailbreak.

Anyone have any clue how to fix this?
    08-25-2009 02:22 PM
    Did you ever change your password from alpine?
    08-25-2009 07:36 PM
    Did you ever change your password from alpine?
    No I haven't. But I got it working now.
    08-25-2009 10:59 PM
    No I haven't. But I got it working now.
    Glad to hear...
    08-26-2009 12:32 AM
    I don't get the point of SSH'ing. It seems needlessly complicated (and slow) compared to connecting via USB w/ a program like diskaid.
    08-26-2009 03:43 AM
    I find ssh to be easier and quicker than using iPhone browser, I don't have a mac so diskaid may be a better client than iPhonebrowser.
    08-26-2009 11:01 AM
    I have a Mac also, and I don't find SSHing complicated at all. Just didn't understand why this happened.
    08-26-2009 04:52 PM
    The iPhone will add some random letters to the end of the folders in the file system. So your themes folder might actually be var/stash/themes.lxdvbx

When you restore those random letters change to other random letters. The ssh client does not recognize the new folders and gives you an error.
    08-26-2009 06:31 PM
    The iPhone will add some random letters to the end of the folders in the file system. So your themes folder might actually be var/stash/themes.lxdvbx

When you restore those random letters change to other random letters. The ssh client does not recognize the new folders and gives you an error.
    That makes sense then since that's exactly what happened lol.
    08-26-2009 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD