Crash at Winterboard

veganjustice

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I recently decided to stop waiting for 3.1 an a new jailbreak, and decided to finally jailbreak my 3G S. I have succeeded with 3G and the 2G. No problems.

I did the 3G S jailbreak with redsn0w yesterday, crashed after installing Mobile Substrate in Cydia. Restored today, MobileSubstrate worked fine(after all Cydia Updates, of course) and then it crashed upon reboot of Winterboard.
When rebooting device it freezes at Apple Logo and Spinning Gears of death.

Is there something I should do between these steps? I am just dumbfounded why this is soooo hard, when with PwnageTool and Quickpwn and redsn0w with the 3G and 2G these problems never happened...

Should I restore and wait?

veganjustice

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'll update this as of this morning...

First time I jailbroke the new phone, it crashed and needed restore after Mobile Substrate.
Second time, same thing, but MobileSubstrate worked, and Winterboard crashed it.
Third Time it was after Winterboard, and I installed SBSettings, which then did the same thing and needed restore.
4th time, all is well so far, but I went with Mobile Substrate, reboot, Winterboard, reboot, and now I'm fine. I decided to just not worry about SBSettings.

So I am not sure what is going on, but it seems I get one step further after each attempt.

I have been searching and haven't found any issues with the 3gs and SBSettings, but I'll hold off and go all out on 3.1

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW