can anyone tell me if it's hopeless or if i have a chance to fix my iphone? i have the 1st gen iphone 8gig and it has been jailbroken and unlocked with the 3.0 firmware... all of a sudden i cannot get any signal from my phone thinking something was wrong with tmobile in my area but when i put my sim into another phone it was fine. any help or suggestions?
    08-17-2009 04:21 AM
    un-jailbreak it and see if the problem continues.
    08-17-2009 09:33 AM
    There have been rumors floating around that T-Mobile is changing or possibly canceling plans for iPhones on their network.

That may not be the cause of your problem, but if the sim works fine in other devices, I would have to think it is a physical issue with the phone or the network is not registering the phone.

Here is a link. Not sure if this is related or not, to your situation.

T-Mobile stops offering prepaid Sidekick data service to unlocked iPhone users
    08-17-2009 01:15 PM
    i have the actual tmobile service not the pre-paid service sidekick. and also if i unjailbreak it then how am i supposed to know if the gsm works or not without a sim card? without the proper att sim card in there (which i don't have) regardless it will say no sim
    08-19-2009 02:58 AM
    Could it be possible that some app on the phone may have disabled the unlock?
    08-19-2009 03:40 AM
    not possible because i was talking on the phone the night before and then slept and 5 hours later after waking up that's when i noticed it said no service. i didn't download any apps from app store or cydia in the last 3 days before this happened. i'm going to try and downgrade back to 2.2.1 and see if that works and then use a different software to unlock to 3.0, given that the downgrade fixes the gsm problem.
    08-19-2009 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD