syncing with outlook

Vegasman

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
I am a long time Win Mobile user and am used to syncing from Outlook (calendar, contacts, notes and tasks(to do). I am about to make the plunge and go iphone g/s. I have seen that you can sync calendar and contacts, but seem to have found conflicting info as far as syncing notes and tasks. Notes and tasks are important to me. I know there are 2 ways to sync-- by using a cord connecting my pc and the iphone, and mobile me. I have always used microsoft activesync to sync with outlook. Other that syncing over the air with mobile me, will it and the corded solution offer the same type of syncronization?
I know that there are other benefits when using mobile me.

Thanks
Vegasman

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Are you using an Exchange server behind Outlook? If so, both Outlook and your iPhone would sync with Exchange "over the air" (OTA). You can also use the USB tether and sync via iTunes, but if you have Exchange, I wouldn't bother.

I believe ActiveSync will sync Email, Calendars, and Contacts.

I'm not sure about Notes, but I think those can be synced via iTunes (haven't tried, anyone else?)

There's no native task/to-do manager for the iPhone, so no syncing for that unless you find a third-party app with Outlook support (but I'm not aware of any).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can s ync notes through iTunes to Outlook. I haven't figured out how to view them in Outlook though.

(when I got the 3GS to replace my 3G, my notes were the only thing sync'd back from my computer.)

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Notes will sync in both directions, but no luck on tasks thus far.

Hopefully Apple will add tasks to the menu some day.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Here is my Outlook Task solution. It involves a paid app (the one I use is $10) but there are a few others that would work that are cheaper.

1. Sign up for a free account at Toodledo.
2. Install and configure ToodledoSync.
3. Pick a iPhone task app that syncs with Toodledo. If you search "Toodledo" you will find ones that do. Although Toodledo makes their own, I prefer Appigo's Todo. [Evernote. [[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=281796108&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes Link[/URL]]You will not look back after switching.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73