Problems since Jailbreak & unlock

Madeyes

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Hiya guys.
Well i followed D7's tutorial on youtube & unlocked 2 iphone 3G's.
Both worked however i noticed on my phone that some incooming calls weren't working & it went straight to answerphone.
To try to fix this i used Itunes restore & then jailbroke it again.
Now when i try to open Cydia to unlock it Cydia crashes so i can't unlock the bloody thing!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!

The 2nd phone won't receive text messages. Any ideas on this??

Hopefully someone out there can help me.
Cheers.
Rob

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
This is yet another example, of many, as to why I won't jailbreak. Sorry your having trouble dude. Good luck!

misstaken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't help. :( I have an unlocked version I bought straight out and didn't have to deal with the jailbreaking. Hope you can get it to work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What did you use to unlock and Jailbreak? When I had my 1 gen unlocked and JB it was with pwnage and everything worked. I saw lots of posts on tons of forums from people who used other software about things that didn't work. My current 3G is only JB not unlocked but again with pwnage and no problems whatsoever. So I would say if you didn't use pwnage restore and JB, unlock using pwnage and see if you still have probs.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so I would suggest if you restore the phone and try the JB and unlock with pwnage instead and see if you have the same problems. I have had both my phones done with pwnage and never had a single problem everything works just like it should.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
sorry haven't been on all weekend. Yes it works for 3G it was used to Jailbreak mine and no problems as yet in months. I usually get my friend to unlock and Jailbreak my phones. I'll find out from him how to get pwnage on the phone.

Madeyes

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
I've sorted it now.
Using youtube.com/watch?v=VWImopHvmns]YouTube[/url] - How To Fix Cydia Crashing Problem On 3.0 (All iDevices)[/url]

Madeyes

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
The problem now is that my phone doesn't seem to be receiveing all the incoming calls that it should.
Some work & some don't.
I also did a phone for a friend & he can't receive texts.
Any ideas guys??
Cheers.
Rob

jtw3

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I was jailbroken on my 3GS but restored yesterday. iPod was playing one song, then a few seconds of the next, then crashing. Can't have that. Guess I'll wait for the next software update to see if JBing is safe again.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
All I can suggest is what I first suggested and that is using pwnage to Jailbreak/Unlock. Like I said I read lots of threads when I first had my 1gen done from others who had used other methods to unlock who had problems unable to text, etc. So if you go to Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com you should find a tutorial and also the software to use it. Try that and let us know what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods