I'm about to jailbreak my iphone 3G with 3.0.1 i read through the directions posted here and it said that Cydia had been causing crashes and since Cydia & Icy do the same thing, to just roll with Icy. Yet EVERY post has references to Cydia.

What do they actually do and which one should I use?
    08-14-2009 03:01 AM
    I use both. Icy is faster, but sometimes I find what I'm looking for on Icy and other times I find it on Cydia...
    08-14-2009 03:04 AM
    I use both. Icy is faster, but sometimes I find what I'm looking for on Icy and other times I find it on Cydia...
    Thanks. I'm going to go ahead and install both.

But what exactly do I need/do with them?

Also, does anyone know what fugu is/does?
    08-14-2009 03:11 AM
    fugu is a program you run on your mac [might be a windows version too] i don't know anything about the technology but basically it's FTP for your iphone, so you can access files over the network
    08-14-2009 04:31 AM
    fugu is a program you run on your mac [might be a windows version too] i don't know anything about the technology but basically it's FTP for your iphone, so you can access files over the network
    Thanks, I'll try to find more info on how I can use that as well...
    08-14-2009 02:06 PM
    If you want you can always download cydia then download Icy later from cydia I did this but use both now if you need help with adding icy later pm me
    08-14-2009 02:35 PM
    If you want you can always download cydia then download Icy later from cydia I did this but use both now if you need help with adding icy later pm me

Thanks I will PM you as soon as my post count reaches 15 and I can contact everyone...
    08-14-2009 03:38 PM
    is there anything cool that u can do with the new jailbreak for 3.0
    08-16-2009 03:57 PM
    Have u tried backgounder sbsettings music controls if you use apps like pandora one of my favorites it's mquick do it has 3 day trial I paid 8 bucks. And PDA net let's u tether to computer of wifi free. And miwi is a great 1 rigor wifi tether you can even connect itouch 10 day trial you have to download rock app for it. I real SMS is great let's u respond to txts in a app without having. To close app. Red laser is a awesome free barcode scanner like g1
    08-16-2009 04:21 PM
    I just got Icy from Cydia. It is faster than Cydia. It saw all my apps I had already installed from Cydia.

Will it manage them or do I need to keep Cydia to manage what I installed from Cydia?
    08-19-2009 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD