Winterboard w/my own lock screen (wallpaper)

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if I missed this somewhere; I JB my 3G S tonite, and d/l Winterboard. I have a theme I like, but would rather have my own wallpaper as the background image for the lock screen, as the un-jailbroken iPhone wallpaper is used. Any tips on how to do that? I'm assuming it's possible, I just haven't found out how yet...

Edit: nevermind, just found it...

Last edited:

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
If you're going to mess around with Winterboard and themes, then you really should install the automatic SSH on your iPhone and WinSCP on your PC -- assuming you run windows.

Once you have that stuff installed, you can remotely connect to your iPhone's file system using a WiFi connection. You can then pick whatever pieces you want from your themes... mixing and matching or removing aspects.

Checkout Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard for more info.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There are some themes that even though you select userwallpaper it still wont show your chosen wallpaper.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
@Matt74: thanx for the info. It took a Google search or two but I figured out how to get into my phone. Now I just gotta determine which file to replace. Ultimately I'd like to keep my lock screen (non-JB iPhone wallpaper) but replace the background used by the theme I have now. I can already see the benefit of having WinSCP to get into the phone via automaticSSH.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711